I have a z30 that had 10.3.1.1154. Due to some reasons, I decided to wipe the device.
    However, I can't restore from backup. Both Link and Sachesi say I need to login to BBID before a restore can occur.
    I found this other thread on this topic (forums crackberry com blackberry-z10-f254 cant-restore-after-install-10-2-says-backup-not-associated-bbid-device-help-836402) , and I've done everything (toggle a bbid setting, wiped, bypass setup/go to settings), but didn't work.
    At that point, I did a factory reset to 10.2.1.3062 using Link, but even then, I couldn't restore due to not being logged into BBID.

I have confirmed I'm logged in on the phone, I can use BBW.

I then found this BB technote (KB34701) that says to disable Protect. Here is the problem, with 10.2.1 or 10.3.1, I can't seem to disable it. When I try, it asks for the BBID password, I put it in, and it looks like it turns off, but it continues to spin and eventual turns itself back on. When it's back on, it just keeps spinning beside the toggle.

I tried SIC wipe and autoloader back to 10.3.1, but same result. I tried skipping setup all together, ensuring Protect is Off, then when I login to BBID, it automatically turns it on. I have tried WIFI setup and Cell setup, both the same.

I went to blackberry com protect and deleted my Protect account, but still, I can't enable nor disable Protect.
    Just to confirm it's not a problem with my bbid, I was able to disable and enable Protect on a Z10 (and it shows up fresh in Protect online).

Could it be my PIN is blocked some how? I can Register with blackberry (under network) and I have the Blackberry Icon beside the network type on the toolbar.

Sorry for not posting links, I'm 5 posts away from being able to do so. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.. it's almost like I bricked my z30.
    11-18-14 06:29 PM
    SOLVED !!

I unboxed my new Z30 and when I tried to restore from backup or do a device swap from my Z10 I hit a wall which sent me into quite an odyssey. I tried everything under the stars the night before last for 10 hours to no avail. I came back yesterday evening to read about a couple of new things that were posted during the day and I was up and running in 3 minutes! The problem has nothing to do with Link nor any Blend bundle or PC side. Luckily I have a lab full of PCs in which I could do clean installs. I also could not see the BlackBerry ID in Sachesi as that field was blank even though BBM and BBW were working normally. The problem lies server side on BlackBerry Protect. For some reason it just kept spinning if I tried to turn it off so here is what solved it.

SOLUTION:
    1.- Enter BlackBerry ID username and password (after wipe or new OS Install)
    2.- Go to BlackBerry Protect on the settings and swipe to OFF (it may keep spinning but that's ok)
    3.- Put the phone on airplane mode. (check that protect is now off)
    4.- Reboot
    5.- Take phone off airplane mode and let it connect to networks and that is ALL!!
    You will get the BlackBerry Protect message in the hub.

That is all!! No need to login and erase old or all devices in the BB Protect website, no need to fiddle with Link or Blend reinstalls on PC, believe me I tried all the recommended solutions in this forum and others, spent time with Verizon tech support and BlackBerry, opened up the manifest.xml from the backup file to make sure the BBid was in fact the same one being used and in the end I got them to ship me a new Z30 but I guess I will return that one as it had already been shipped. Thank you all for all your relentless input.
    That's some weird stuff right there. Maybe making a new BBID, then another wipe and load to use the correct one?
    11-18-14 06:56 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I did another wipe (via Settings), then bypassed setup, finally went to Settings BBID and created a new ID. Still Protect is stuck.
    EDIT: After a reboot with the new ID, it did indeed stay off. The Spinning icon is now gone too! Going to try and wipe, revert back to the original BBID

Looks like I will be switching back to the Z10 for awhile. Hopefully it gets resolved on the server side
    Last edited by atz_atd; 11-18-14 at 08:03 PM.
    11-18-14 07:48 PM
    *crosses paws*
    11-18-14 08:45 PM
    Best of luck...let us know what happens...similar issue here trying to set up new passport migrating from z30 with same bbid. Os is latest official for passport, leak 10.3.1.1151 on z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 02:30 AM
    I have a z30 that had 10.3.1.1154. Due to some reasons, I decided to wipe the device.
    However, I can't restore from backup. Both Link and Sachesi say I need to login to BBID before a restore can occur.
    I found this other thread on this topic (forums crackberry com blackberry-z10-f254 cant-restore-after-install-10-2-says-backup-not-associated-bbid-device-help-836402) , and I've done everything (toggle a bbid setting, wiped, bypass setup/go to settings), but didn't work.
    At that point, I did a factory reset to 10.2.1.3062 using Link, but even then, I couldn't restore due to not being logged into BBID.

I have confirmed I'm logged in on the phone, I can use BBW.

I then found this BB technote (KB34701) that says to disable Protect. Here is the problem, with 10.2.1 or 10.3.1, I can't seem to disable it. When I try, it asks for the BBID password, I put it in, and it looks like it turns off, but it continues to spin and eventual turns itself back on. When it's back on, it just keeps spinning beside the toggle.

I tried SIC wipe and autoloader back to 10.3.1, but same result. I tried skipping setup all together, ensuring Protect is Off, then when I login to BBID, it automatically turns it on. I have tried WIFI setup and Cell setup, both the same.

I went to blackberry com protect and deleted my Protect account, but still, I can't enable nor disable Protect.
    Just to confirm it's not a problem with my bbid, I was able to disable and enable Protect on a Z10 (and it shows up fresh in Protect online).

Could it be my PIN is blocked some how? I can Register with blackberry (under network) and I have the Blackberry Icon beside the network type on the toolbar.

Sorry for not posting links, I'm 5 posts away from being able to do so. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.. it's almost like I bricked my z30.
    I'm have the exact same problem right now. This is wierd!!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 02:34 AM
    After a wipe (via Settings), I tried to login with my original bbid, but the Protect problem remains.
    Wiping now to go back to the new ID, doublecheck that the option to restore is available (eventhough I won't be able to due to different bbid). I should have confirmed that before I went ahead to switch back to original id
    11-19-14 05:20 AM
    Ok, so the problem *does* exist with the new bbid. I found the behaviour is slightly different. BB Protect will appear off, but as soon as I Go to BBID properties or do anything that used bbid, Protect turns itself back on and spins.
    Rebooting didn't help.

To summarize:
    -OS downgrade to 10.2.1
    -SIC wipe
    -new bbid
    -different device with same bbid (ok)

The only constant is the PIN.... like it's locked out
    11-19-14 05:56 AM
    Best of luck...let us know what happens...similar issue here trying to set up new passport migrating from z30 with same bbid. Os is latest official for passport, leak 10.3.1.1151 on z30.

Posted via CB10
    Completely unrelated. You need to edit the backup manifest, or upgrade the Passport to same or higher OS.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-ti...our-os-814749/
    11-19-14 07:47 AM
    Ok, so the problem *does* exist with the new bbid. I found the behaviour is slightly different. BB Protect will appear off, but as soon as I Go to BBID properties or do anything that used bbid, Protect turns itself back on and spins.
    Rebooting didn't help.

To summarize:
    -OS downgrade to 10.2.1
    -SIC wipe
    -new bbid
    -different device with same bbid (ok)

The only constant is the PIN.... like it's locked out
    Makes sense, since the pin is used to identify the phone through Protect. What doesn't make sense, is this continuing after removing the phone from Protect. Wish I had more suggestions for you.
    11-19-14 07:51 AM
    Did you try going to blackberry protect online on your computer? Sounds like it is acting like it thinks the phone is stolen. Also I had to revert from 10.3.1151 on this z10 because my SD card wouldn't load. It kept saying downloading driver but it did work. So I hooked it up to the computer and link then re installed 10.3.1. 652 which works great. Also then I had to install the apps I had because it wouldn't let me restore my backup I guess because I was trying to restore apps the wasn't on the phone yet due to my re-install (hope that makes sense ) after putting all the apps back on the phone link restored my backup.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 08:10 AM
    I did use a PC to login to protect. First I deleted the z30. In the end, I deleted the entire protect profile. After that was deleted, I was able to add back my z10 (running blitz upgrade to 10.3.1.1154). However, my z30 still is stuck with spinning wheel

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 08:32 AM
    I always use the mega download to to a complete. New install. Then I put the apps back on then restore from the backup my contacts and app info. I just click on those links, download to the the computer, open with win Zip, then click on the file with my phone hooked up and link running.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 08:42 AM
    I'd say try doing a clean install. Hopefully the phone will be like new?

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 09:17 AM
    Clean install after sic wipe to 10.2.1 doesn't fix this. Issue is server side with BlackBerry Protect

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 09:20 AM
    OK if you have twitter blackberry has a help page on there. Twitter page. blackberryhelp

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 10:04 AM
    I hooked up my passport to sachesi and found bbid is not showing up. I will take a look at BlackBerry protect from a pc later today to see what is has.
    Thx.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 10:13 AM
    Your welcome.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 10:14 AM
    Clean install after sic wipe to 10.2.1 doesn't fix this. Issue is server side with BlackBerry Protect

Posted via CB10
    If you have what you need on the Z10, and are logged into the proper BBID on it, have you tried doing a device switch to the Z30?
    11-19-14 11:33 AM
    Great idea! I will test

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 11:35 AM
    11-19-14 12:07 PM
    Went to BlackBerry protect website and my two older BlackBerry phones were there, but not the new passport.

Went back the phone turned off all radios airplane mode. Turned off BlackBerry protect then restarted phone, turned on airplane mode, let it all connect, then turned protect on. Got a welcome confirm on protect....but website still not showing the new device. Thinking it might take some time to settle and update left it for and hour or so. Now I see it on the website:

How to fix BlackBerry Link Backup & Restore issues on new phones?-img_20141119_120243_edit.jpg

will try the backup later tonight.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 02:16 PM
    Okay! I finally fixed my Z10. I ended up downgrading back to Windows 7 from the 10 public beta.

However, I believe the real fix was installing Link that was bundled with Blend. That version of Link is slightly visually different too.

Was that the core issue: no. I was able to restore the same device with 10.3.1 earlier this week. The entire issue was caused by BlackBerry protect never properly setting up on the device the second time around. I finally did anther security wipe, turned off protect (successfully), and finally put my Z10 into airplane mode before the restore.
    11-19-14 07:02 PM
    Yay! One down, two or so to go (I'm losing track, LoL).
    11-19-14 07:07 PM
    And my passport backup is now working.
    Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 09:20 PM
34 12