Could someone please direct me on how to make these grayed out boxes for external apk installation to become viable? It seems like it's currently not allowed on my BlackBerry Passport, and I'd like to install the linked in apk I found online. Thanks in advance

How to enable installation of Android apk(s)-img_20151027_094115.png

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 01:43 AM
    Are you on a BES? If so, they disabled it as noted. If not, try rebooting and see if you can after that.
    10-27-15 01:46 AM
    Are you on a BES? If so, they disabled it as noted. If not, try rebooting and see if you can after that.
    No I'm not, I'm a regular user with no BES installed at all. I used to be able to do this, that's why I'm quite curious to see what happened. I've also enabled development mode to no avail. I'll try and restart to see

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 01:53 AM
    I've figured it out Bla1ze, and its something I would've totally forgot about. But I had enabled parental controls, specifically limiting the usage of the Amazon AppStore as I had heard that it actually is a battery drainer (as per a forum post, not sure how true it is) and limiting the Amazon appstore usage actually greys out the ability for ANY APK from being installed on the device.

TL,DR; don't enable parental controls and limit the Amazon appstore, as it'll make it impossible to install ANY apk you would ever want to install

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 02:14 AM