Hey folks,

So I ran into a couple issues after upgrading my z10 phone to 10.2 particularly regarding BBM. I had the BBM Beta Channels and noticed certain features like actionable notifications and theme selection were not working for me. I personally valued those features more than what is available in the beta so I wanted to get rid of BBM Channels Beta. The main problem I ran into was in the forums and help, all solutions were essentially to re-install the OS on the phone. I am not particular fan of the process - so I tried a different route and it worked. Figured I'd share it. Here is what I did:

1. Remove BlackBerry Beta Zone Software (This might be optional, but I did this as a precaution before I started)
    2. Go to appworld.blackberry.com - look for BBM and click download.
    This step downgrades you to the BBM version 10.1 - it will open up a BlackBerry App World on your phone and start the download/install
    After this you have now downgraded your BBM - but it isnt the version that got shipped with 10.2 so toast notifications work but they aren't actionable. There aren't any theme options either.
    3. Go to Settings > Software Updates > Check for Updates
    This step checks if your phone is upto date, what it'll notice is that your 'applications' are not - so it'll provide you with a 10 MB update.

Once you've downloaded the update BBM would be at the version that ships with 10.2. So features such as actionable notifications and theme settings are now available to you.

These steps worked for me. I have a Z10 with Fido fwiw.

Please try this at your own risk

Anyways hope this helps any of those people who want to downgrade.
    Mods please lock if old.
    drakkgon and fredericb like this.
    10-25-13 11:32 AM
    Or you can sideload the bbm bar file from os 10.2

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 11:34 AM
    Thanks for posting. You could also sideload the BBM bar that came with the newer OS. But this is an option for those that don't want to do that.
    10-25-13 11:35 AM
    For me, I am unable to download from appworld. It says not available for my device
    10-25-13 11:50 AM
    Thanks for posting. You could also sideload the BBM bar that came with the newer OS. But this is an option for those that don't want to do that.
    Hamster could you please link me to the BBM bar file that you mentioned??. Would like to have the theme options but i suppose putting channels back on will render the theme options null if im reading correctly??
    10-25-13 12:10 PM
    Hamster could you please link me to the BBM bar file that you mentioned??. Would like to have the theme options but i suppose putting channels back on will render the theme options null if im reading correctly??
    Here you go bro..
    https://mega.co.nz/#!XBcj1KRT!ZKIrWn...0MOdpc8z58E9HQ

Posted via CB10
    Spawn12 and Sandy Sprong like this.
    10-25-13 12:11 PM
    Thanks my friend :-). Dark theme now available.

But loading up channels will disable it...oh well just have to wait for BBM channels to become official...hopefully soon.
    10-25-13 12:44 PM
    so the benefit of using this bbm vs the one in the OP?
    10-25-13 01:19 PM
    I did this and made my phone and BBM glitchy AF. im gonna update now as per step 3.. hope this helps
    10-25-13 01:29 PM
    Thanks my friend :-). Dark theme now available.

But loading up channels will disable it...oh well just have to wait for BBM channels to become official...hopefully soon.
    Heard any news on when BBM Channels may come out officially? Really looking forward to having channels.
    10-25-13 02:53 PM
    I don't think for a while. Possibly with 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 03:36 PM
    Ahh, dang. I was hoping somebody would say very soon (instead of "coming soon"), but guess I can be patient for a bit longer. lol

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Q10
    10-25-13 04:15 PM
    So when I go to app world and Bbm it only options opening the app not downloading

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    10-25-13 05:28 PM
    Awesome. This fixed all my issues. Thanks OP

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 05:34 PM
    Awesome. This fixed all my issues. Thanks OP

Posted via CB10
    When you went to app world you were able to download Bbm? For me it only showed "open" I assume because I already had it installed.

10-25-13 07:22 PM
    Hello. Thanks for the info. However after deleting the Blackberry Beta app, I went to AppWorld but found out that it was not showing me the option to upgrade but for open. I could not even delete it for the purpose of installing it again. Any help would be required. Kindly note that I am not confortable with the loading of Bar files. Thanks in advance
    10-28-13 08:59 AM
    Same for me. It only allows me to open not download.

10-28-13 09:53 AM
    For me it says "unavailable for this device"

Q10

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 08:31 PM
    Why won't the sidebar link open on my phone?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 09:11 PM
    Why won't the sidebar link open on my phone?

Posted via CB10
    You have to install it with the Chrome side load extension tool. Go to the Android side load forum here on Crackberry for instructions.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 09:18 PM
    Hey folks,

So I ran into a couple issues after upgrading my z10 phone to 10.2 particularly regarding BBM. I had the BBM Beta Channels and noticed certain features like actionable notifications and theme selection were not working for me. I personally valued those features more than what is available in the beta so I wanted to get rid of BBM Channels Beta. The main problem I ran into was in the forums and help, all solutions were essentially to re-install the OS on the phone. I am not particular fan of the process - so I tried a different route and it worked. Figured I'd share it. Here is what I did:

1. Remove BlackBerry Beta Zone Software (This might be optional, but I did this as a precaution before I started)
    2. Go to appworld.blackberry.com - look for BBM and click download.
    This step downgrades you to the BBM version 10.1 - it will open up a BlackBerry App World on your phone and start the download/install
    After this you have now downgraded your BBM - but it isnt the version that got shipped with 10.2 so toast notifications work but they aren't actionable. There aren't any theme options either.
    3. Go to Settings > Software Updates > Check for Updates
    This step checks if your phone is upto date, what it'll notice is that your 'applications' are not - so it'll provide you with a 10 MB update.

Once you've downloaded the update BBM would be at the version that ships with 10.2. So features such as actionable notifications and theme settings are now available to you.

These steps worked for me. I have a Z10 with Fido fwiw.

Please try this at your own risk

Anyways hope this helps any of those people who want to downgrade.
    Mods please lock if old.
    I cam across this problem with the official 10.2 update and BBM channels... what seems to be working around the forums is a good lo' fashion battery pull...

What you do it pul out your battery, as well as SD and SIM cards and leave the device for about 20 to 30 minutes. Worked for me and I have BBM channels still installed, i think most people should try this before doing anything... hope this helps

Posted via my Z10... at your girls house!
    10-28-13 09:18 PM
    I have a Z10 too and I'll trying what you suggested

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 09:29 PM
    It did not work for me I give up until there is an update for bbm

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 10:00 PM
    Ive been looking for this solution for a couple weeks. I thank you very much, it worked great for me
    Thank you
    10-31-13 07:47 PM
    Ive been looking for this solution for a couple weeks. I thank you very much, it worked great for me
    Thank you
    No problem

I've seen a lot of other forums that talk about this issue, and this seems to work for most people. For anyone else I guess try it again and again it sooner or later it should work :P

Good Luck

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 08:44 PM
26 12