Will we soon see RIM named also?
    I hope not. I don't think RIM can afford litigation at this point, or in the near future. What's interesting is widgets have been around for awhile already, yet I don't think there's any patent disputes regarding those.
    10-31-12 09:34 PM
    OK I am on the fence between the Lumia 920 or wait for the BB10. I hope someone here can help me or at least give me some advise. I really like the eco system on Apple, Android, and now Windows phone. By that I mean, entering data on one device and it goes to all of your other devices in the same system family. Now, I think that BB10 looks to be the best for my business needs but what kind of eco system does it have? I use GMail for contacts and calendar and I need it to work flawlessly like it does for me on Android and on my MS Surface and possible Lumia 920. I really need this type of ecosystem for my business and this will determine which system I make a final decision about. I use Mac computers and Android Tablets along with a new Surface. Please give me some insite to the BB ecosystem.
    I havent yet used windows 8 or wp8 myself, but integration across all screens is a pretty sweet deal. However, since you wnt something for your business needs, i think bb10 is the best option. BB's have always been the phone of choice for business people, and the new OS is being designed from the ground up for "people who do", and you seem to fit that category.

I say, hold out for bb10. Then, if you dont like it, you can jump ship. But the BB Hub should be the solution to your gmail inquiry. I dont believe anyone does email better then Rim.
    10-31-12 10:19 PM
    I think they're going to do pretty good in the business sector by integrating Office documents between devices along with Skydrive. Has RIM come up with a better mobile office suite for BB10 or will we still be using stuff like "Docs to Go" or whatever it's called?
    11-01-12 05:24 AM
    I think they're going to do pretty good in the business sector by integrating Office documents between devices along with Skydrive. Has RIM come up with a better mobile office suite for BB10 or will we still be using stuff like "Docs to Go" or whatever it's called?
    Rumor has it that MS Office suite will be released for Android and iOS in the new year, so here's hoping that there are similar plans to do so for BB10!
    11-09-12 08:47 PM
    As always, the most important differentiator between WP8 and BB10 is that Microsoft has essentially unlimited money to throw at WP8.
    People always brandish Microsoft's warchest like they could drive the company into the dirt as long as they beat out the competition. Right now MS isn't looking too good, it's products are focused on a dying platform (PC) and their push to enter mobile has been spotty at best. Xbox 360 with it's year head start (and the PSN outtage) is now being outsold by the PS3.

IMHO Microsoft finds itself in this position now because of its inability to compete fairly (in it's current incarnation). Generally MS would buy out any serious competition it faced, but it's a new business world out there and David is ripe to take down Goliath.
    01-14-13 04:22 PM
    not really. the Xbox is still very popular. no one can argue with that. WP8 has been a success. I think 4.4 million Nokia phone sold in 3 months is pretty impressive. who knows how much HTC WPs has sold.
    01-14-13 04:54 PM
    OK I am on the fence between the Lumia 920 or wait for the BB10. I hope someone here can help me or at least give me some advise. I really like the eco system on Apple, Android, and now Windows phone. By that I mean, entering data on one device and it goes to all of your other devices in the same system family. Now, I think that BB10 looks to be the best for my business needs but what kind of eco system does it have? I use GMail for contacts and calendar and I need it to work flawlessly like it does for me on Android and on my MS Surface and possible Lumia 920. I really need this type of ecosystem for my business and this will determine which system I make a final decision about. I use Mac computers and Android Tablets along with a new Surface. Please give me some insite to the BB ecosystem.
    As someone who was considering the same, let me tell you my story.

I started here and at WPCentral.com to get info from both sides. I read a lot of info, watched videos covering the Lumia 920. And I still hold the belief that the Lumia will be a better phone -- hardware wise -- then the Lumia. However, with the ever growing tension between Google and Microsoft, and my dependance on Google, I had to make a choice. BB10 is more ready to support Google Services. And because I am upset with Google, I switched entirely to AOL for my email. What's great, is the storage is unlimited, they are working on the Calender and plan on supporting more features in the future. They also made the switch easy by moving all my email over to my AOL. So my 13K+ email I have saved over the years is now in my email with AOL.

As far as an ecosystem goes, I believe RIM is working on that. Listen to Thor and you can see a visionary in the making there. I think they are working on getting BB10 in other devices, and when a tablet gets announced and released, I believe it will be better than that Micrsoft Surface. Wait until Jan 30 2013, and see where this journey starts.
    01-23-13 11:18 PM
    Long time Blackberry user, couldn't wait any longer and jumped ship to the HTC 8x on Verizon. WP8 is amazing, fluid, smooth and I get so much more done quicker than I ever did on my Berries. Office, Skydrive and People hub are killer. Hope BB10 makes a comeback for Rim, may be back in the future. But for now, rocking WP8 and lovin it.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    01-24-13 12:54 AM
    Glorified shortcuts(live tiles) just doesn't do anything for me and for other apps all you have is a list. Plus I don't really like the fisher-price inspired interface.
    01-24-13 07:33 AM
    Jealous?
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    01-24-13 11:11 AM
110 ... 345