Hey, so I like browsing through the new arrivals on BB World every other day to see if there's any good releases that I might be interested in. However, there are times when I stumble upon OBVIOUSLY pirated copies of apps because the said app developers have not started supporting BB10 just yet. Take for example, this guy: BlackBerry World - Instapaper

He is obviously not the developer for Instapaper.... What's more, this Sodafish guy published FlipBoard only a week or so ago and actually charged for it. Don't know if anyone was conned into buying it but good thing to note was that the app was taken down subsequently. There was another incident where another "developer" managed to get Word with Friends and Sugarsync on BB World.

So what I would like to know is
    1) Why isn't BlackBerry more strict with the stuff they allow in BB World? Yeah ok, so there are a lot of app-generated junk but at least those things are not pirated copies of somebody else's work.
    2) Shouldn't BlackBerry be aware of such "developers" and and have a black list of those who persist in doing such things? C'mon, this dude is repeated offender.
    3) How can a user report or flag such apps and developers so that BlackBerry will know of such a problem?

I mean I want apps as much as the next guy, but this is not the way to go about it. I just really wish there was some way to stop this junk from surfacing on BB World. Because BB World has enough negative perceptions toward it, it does not need this as well.
    Masahiro likes this.
    04-09-13 02:05 AM
    Here - BlackBerry - How to Report Copyright and Trademark Violations on BlackBerry App World - US <-- If you're the developer.
    Here - https://www.blackberry.com/profile/?eventId=8109 <-- If you'd just like to report an app as a consumer.
    Barljo likes this.
    04-09-13 02:41 AM