One of my biggest complaints on the. BlackBerry 10 is there isn't a call button anymore. You don't know how many times I've accidently called someone or finished a call then had to look at phone try swiping etc while doing something. I swear the person on the other end hears me say "how the he'll do you end a phone call?". Any suggestions?
    rai187 likes this.
    10-11-13 12:29 AM
    Yes, just tap the great big END CALL all across the bottom of the screen on Z10.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 12:52 AM
    big stripe on the bottom of the phone app in RED TEXT that says END CALL
    tempered likes this.
    10-11-13 12:58 AM
    I'll give you a tip. When using a touch screen at an angle you'll tend to always touch lower than you think. So when you go to touch "End Call" aim at the top edge of the button. You'll have far fewer missed touches that way.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    paper_monkey likes this.
    10-11-13 01:19 AM
    O.o lol

Posted Via CB10 On The Brother Of Future Z30
    10-11-13 01:19 AM
    Chuck it in the river and get a landline.

Or, do as everyone else has said. The BIG RED BUTTON.

Attachment 209757

Typed on and then corrected by my Z10. http://geekphreek.com
    CecilTsunami likes this.
    10-11-13 01:23 AM
    Its a similar problem with all touch screen phones. Would like to see an option to end calls and answer calls with a button or gesture. BlackBerry should not try to match Android it needs to aim better.

( 1 x shift ) !~ /^1?$|^(11+?)\1+$/
    10-11-13 01:49 AM
    Its a similar problem with all touch screen phones. Would like to see an option to end calls and answer calls with a button or gesture. BlackBerry should not try to match Android it needs to aim better.

( 1 x shift ) !~ /^1?$|^(11+?)\1+$/
    Not sure where you are going with this... Pushing that big red button makes perfect sense. I don't think it needs to do anything else, it's already practical.

tempered likes this.
    10-11-13 01:57 AM
    Always trying to complicate an already simple task. Can't see the forest for the trees.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 02:22 AM
    Well, to be fair, the first time I held a touch screen phone, I didn't know how to accept a call or end call. But hey, everything's a learning process.Though it might take some time to figure it out.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 02:49 AM
    Real BB10?
    10-11-13 03:29 AM
    RTFM!

LoL

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    rnhld likes this.
    10-11-13 06:32 AM
    "Might take some time to figure out"??? It says "END CALL"!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 06:51 AM
    Chuck it in the river and get a landline.

Or, do as everyone else has said. The BIG RED BUTTON.

Attachment 209757

Hey.. Stimpy.. whatever you do... do not push the big red button!!! ;D

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    10-11-13 07:02 AM
    I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt. Since I do get asked those kinda questions while teaching my parents how to use a smartphone. And I don't appreciate it of you're going to poke fun at my parents incapacity to learn that fast about new phones after this post.

Boredom is mankind's greatest adversity
    10-11-13 07:05 AM
    I hear you OP

Big END CALL at bottom does not always respond whence tapped. Many times I have to tap it once, twice, thrice, etc., and it still won't end the damn call.

At other times, when the phone app is on and I grab the device, I would accidentally tap on someone's name (mostly on speed dial list) and it will make the call. That happens often and it has put me through more embarrassing situations than I could of let foregone.

If for instance there could be a way to use the middle/mute button in the volume section to end talks and close the phone app, that would be helpful...

#IchooseBlackBery10 any day
    Nolanappraiser likes this.
    10-11-13 09:50 AM
    I hear you OP

Big END CALL at bottom does not always respond whence tapped. Many times I have to tap it once, twice, thrice, etc., and it still won't end the damn call.

At other times, when the phone app is on and I grab the device, I would accidentally tap on someone's name (mostly on speed dial list) and it will make the call. That happens often and it has put me through more embarrassing situations than I could of let foregone.

If for instance there could be a way to use the middle/mute button in the volume section to end talks and close the phone app, that would be helpful...

#IchooseBlackBery10 any day
    I believe it has been asked before but are those buttons at all remapable..? Perhaps someone could create an app that would allow users to remap those buttons (at least within certain apps) to perform the function that the user would like most.. Might be a nice concession to the people who have expressed concern over the loss of the call/end/back/menu buttons.
    Nolanappraiser likes this.
    10-11-13 10:02 AM
    I don't think so. There's no API for those buttons.

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    10-11-13 10:25 AM
    I don't think so. There's no API for those buttons.

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    Sad Panda..
    10-11-13 11:31 AM
    ...END CALL at bottom does not always respond whence tapped. Many times I have to tap it once, twice...
    Same here.
    10-11-13 12:27 PM
    Guess I'm not explaining myself. In my bold there's a physical button, click to answer or end. Now I'll be driving I'll check who's calling, before I'd just click the physical button and then end by clickin a physical button. Now I'll be talking say good bye and of course the phones gone blank/black so I have to swipe up, make sure I'm in the call Window and click end call. Isn there just a button we can touch, click to end? I'm using Q10.
    10-11-13 12:29 PM
    Also for some reason the phone app itself was laggy for me on 10.0. It is much much better in the 10.2 leaks. I'd run a leak if you are having a lag issue where you know you are touching the button and its not responding.
    10-11-13 12:39 PM
    I have noticed this as well that if you hit the end call button it doesn't always respond. But I have noticed that it isn't exactly centered, as it should be. The end call button is actually to the left, calls end and are more responsive if you just move over slightly.
    10-11-13 12:44 PM
    Guess I'm not explaining myself. In my bold there's a physical button, click to answer or end. Now I'll be driving I'll check who's calling, before I'd just click the physical button and then end by clickin a physical button. Now I'll be talking say good bye and of course the phones gone blank/black so I have to swipe up, make sure I'm in the call Window and click end call. Isn there just a button we can touch, click to end? I'm using Q10.
    The screen goes dark when its against your head, as soon as you pull it away it will light up again, then you hit end call. Im not sure what the issue is.
    habs_fan and drum like this.
    10-11-13 12:59 PM
    But I have noticed that it isn't exactly centered, as it should be.
    Says who? That's opinion only. Hell, it could be anywhere, there's no particular should spot.

10-11-13 01:28 PM
35 12