I know I can turn on the screen with physical buttons, shift+U, or a touch gesture.

However, I only know a method to turn off it, that is using the physical "On/Off" button on the top of phone.

So, Are there alternatives to previous method to turn off screen in order to save energy?
    09-09-15 01:13 PM
    Set your screen timeout to be very short. Then enable 'hold to stay awake' in advanced settings.

You can also use 'flip to save power' as well.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-09-15 01:14 PM
    Just do a quick swipe up and down, it will switch off your mobile screen.

Sent from qualified q5
    dpgo and idhbar like this.
    09-09-15 01:47 PM
    The swipe up/down does not work on my passport, or maybe doing it wrong
    09-10-15 10:10 AM
    Just do a quick swipe up and down, it will switch off your mobile screen.

Sent from qualified q5
    On what device / OS version?
    09-10-15 10:20 AM
    Neither it is working on my BB classic (v.10.3.2.2474)
    Moreover, I configured "advanced", but it seems that other movements are not working to turn off.
    Maybe my phone is broken and cannot detect movement, spin, etc....

So I still using the button on top to turn off the screen

The swipe up/down does not work on my passport, or maybe doing it wrong
    09-12-15 09:29 AM
    Swipe up and down only turns off the phone if you're on the lockscreen, not if you're normally using the phone...

There is NO WAY to turn off the screen besides: waiting OR putting the device face down with that option enabled OR using the top lock button.

This is probably the most annoying thing about BlackBerry 10 which many have been asking for, especially when you have a device as tall as a z30 or as big as a passport. But BlackBerry has their head up their *** and obviously they need sticker subscriptions.
    09-12-15 11:37 AM
    Double post
    09-12-15 11:38 AM
    There is NO WAY to turn off the screen besides: waiting OR putting the device face down with that option enabled OR using the top lock button.
    OR using a Holster/Pouch with a magnet.
    09-12-15 02:58 PM
    I just verified with the app BBVE, and all sensor are working fine, so I am quite happy.
    However I would like to have a option on screen, or a gesture to turno off/lock screen because i check many times a day my phone, so i am doing a very intensive use of top lock button.

Neither it is working on my BB classic (v.10.3.2.2474)
    Moreover, I configured "advanced", but it seems that other movements are not working to turn off.
    Maybe my phone is broken and cannot detect movement, spin, etc....

So I still using the button on top to turn off the screen
    09-13-15 10:14 AM
    I just verified with the app BBVE, and all sensor are working fine, so I am quite happy.
    However I would like to have a option on screen, or a gesture to turno off/lock screen because i check many times a day my phone, so i am doing a very intensive use of top lock button.
    It won't break. I've never seen a lock button fail on any BlackBerry. This isn't an iphone
    09-13-15 07:10 PM
    Is there no way to put a shortcut to simulate what a flip case does with the magnet. There are a few shortcut apps, but I still have not found one that turns the screen off without locking.
    09-13-15 08:42 PM
    Swipe up and down only turns off the phone if you're on the lockscreen, not if you're normally using the phone...

This is probably the most annoying thing about BlackBerry 10 which many have been asking for, especially when you have a device as tall as a z30 or as big as a passport. But BlackBerry has their head up their *** and obviously they need sticker subscriptions.
    Do other mobile OS touch screen phones have multiple ways to turn off a screen? That BlackBerry is somehow falling behind the crowd in this aspect? I don't remember anyway to turn off my S4 screen other than pressing the power button. Which was on the side and not convenient to push.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    09-13-15 09:11 PM
    BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    09-13-15 09:13 PM
    While I agree it would be nice to have a gesture to turn off the screen, I for the life of me can't understand the complaints about the Z30's being too long and thus making it uncomfortable to reach the button, my hands aren't huge yet I have no problems reaching anything on the device.

Why Blackberry? Because I can!
    09-13-15 11:41 PM