I'm having an issue here...

I am composing an email and begin by typing in the recipient's address. "[email protected]".

As I type it, it comes up with recently used addresses and highlights one blue. When I hit "Submit" it selects the one it highlighted, not the one I typed.

Here's the problem - somehow, the one highlighted has a "." after the ".ca" resulting in the address "[email protected]."

I can't enter the one I am typing without the ending ".", it forces me to use the malformed highlighted one.

How can I either clear this malformed address out of the history (it's not in my contacts) or stop the phone from forcing me to select a history item?

Thanks.
    03-13-15 11:04 AM
    Try this,

From the Hub, hit the menu icon on the bottom right (3 vertical dots).
    Settings
    Recent Contact Manager
    Long press the bad entry
    Add to Blocked Contacts.
    03-13-15 11:33 AM
    How do I find Recent Contact Manager?
    04-27-15 06:47 AM
    How do I find Recent Contact Manager?
    Just as Chris said...you find it through the hub setting

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 07:16 AM
    From the BlackBerry Hub, select the overflow menu (3 dots at the bottom right hand corner of the screen), then tap on Settings > Recent Contact Management. From here, you can select and block addresses so that they do not appear when email address suggestions appear when composing a new message.
    04-27-15 07:29 AM
    How do I get it to start suggesting contacts again? Stopped working with the latest leak.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 07:44 AM
    Does that stop you from using that contact again. Or does it just delete it as if you were clearing a history

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 08:46 AM
    How do I stop my email from forcing me to select a history item when typing in a recipients address?-img_20150430_121815.png

This is my settings screen. There is no recent contacts manage option. And no contacts option within any of the menus shown. Is the recent contacts manager something that is part of 10.3? I'm still on 10.2 series...

Z10 STL100-4 10.2.1.2976
    ssbtech likes this.
    04-30-15 12:20 PM
    It's a 10.3 thing. 10.2 didn't have it.

Actually, I don't know why it's "forcing" anything. I've always just ignored the suggestions and just typed on through to the address I wanted. The suggestions drop down under the address bar, so that you don't have to pick anything that's suggested.

But, the recent contacts things is really just a leaky band-aid at best. They really need a customizable filter or something. Like, allow only address book contacts to be suggested, or turn completely off if you wish.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 02:03 PM