Hello! I’m not experienced with BlackBerry OS 10 using BlackBerry Classic and it’s difficult for me to find a solution how the already synced contacts from iCloud/Gmail account/s can be saved/copied to local BlackBerry’s address book (Local Contacts). It’s not an option to use “Copy To” function because I have about 2000 contacts on my iCloud address book and it will take a very long time to copy them contact by contact. I appreciate your advice. Thanks in advance!
    02-05-18 03:57 PM
    Why do you need them in your local address book? Any new contacts added will be included in the address book of your choice. Are you planning to delete the existing contacts from your iCloud address book?
    02-05-18 05:41 PM
    Thanks for your feedback!
    I need it because I don’t want to use that iCloud account on my BlackBerry. I didn’t find any other way to transfer the contacts from my iPhone and that’s why I synced my iCloud account. A lot of issues after that which probably can be resolved if there is a way to copy all contacts to Local Contacts. For example after the sync process all contacts have been duplicated. I used the option to merge the duplicated contacts. Also when I receive emails and open the Hub the names of the senders are not shown as they are on my synced address book. They are probably shown as the senders have entered them on their email clients or sometimes any name is missing - only the email address is shown. Probably all these issues will be resolved if all contacts are in Local Contacts address book. Thanks!
    02-06-18 01:10 AM
    I don't know about iCloud but for Gmail contacts you can open the contact and they click on the three dots in the bottom right of the screen and there should be a "Copy to" option that will allow you to copy this contact to a different account including Local. Unfortunately you have to do one at a time - I don't know a way to do the entire address book all at once.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-18 07:21 AM
    Thanks. It’s the same with iCloud. I can use “Copy To” but as you noted it will be done contact by contact which is not useful in my case because I have about 2000 contacts.
    02-06-18 09:45 AM
    Thanks. It’s the same with iCloud. I can use “Copy To” but as you noted it will be done contact by contact which is not useful in my case because I have about 2000 contacts.
    Sometimes (don't know the reason behind that) the merge between my contacts and gmail breaks.. but still they will be there in the contacts app.. to see them; I usually keep Gmail account tab ACTIVE in the contacts' app settings.. I mean you don't have to manually merge each contact separately just to see that each contact has 3 links (local+ iCloud + gmail)... keeping your Gmail contacts appearing only when you press the Gmail tab and not merged within the local or iCloud WILL NOT DIFFER PRACTICALLY IN WHATEVER YOU DO...cause they are already in your contacts' app and saved under their account... I hope I made my point...

Posted via CB10
    02-06-18 12:41 PM
    Just to clarify that at the moment I have only one account already added to Accounts on my BlackBerry and it is only my iCloud account (Email and Contacts). As I noted I have about 2000 contacts and it’s very hard to copy every single individual contact to Local Contacts using Copy To function. That’s why I asked for advice if there is any option to copy all already synced contacts from the iCloud account to local address book (Local Contacts) which is empty now. The other issue was with the syncing of contacts from my iCloud account. As I mentioned all contacts have been duplicated after the initial synchronisation. Then I turned on Automatically Merge Contacts from Settings and the duplicates disappeared but now every single contact from the already synced iCloud account has two equivalent links (iCloud). In general there are several issues with Contacts, Accounts and Hub. When I receive and reply to emails the name of the senders/receivers on the Hub’s email list are not shown exactly as the name from the Contacts app which sometimes causes me difficulties. Thanks again for your help!
    02-06-18 04:06 PM
    If you still have a problem just add your email ( I know for sure gmail works, not sure of icloud) and it should sync your contacts automatically.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-18 10:55 PM
    Just to clarify that at the moment I have only one account already added to Accounts on my BlackBerry and it is only my iCloud account (Email and Contacts). As I noted I have about 2000 contacts and it’s very hard to copy every single individual contact to Local Contacts using Copy To function. That’s why I asked for advice if there is any option to copy all already synced contacts from the iCloud account to local address book (Local Contacts) which is empty now. The other issue was with the syncing of contacts from my iCloud account. As I mentioned all contacts have been duplicated after the initial synchronisation. Then I turned on Automatically Merge Contacts from Settings and the duplicates disappeared but now every single contact from the already synced iCloud account has two equivalent links (iCloud). In general there are several issues with Contacts, Accounts and Hub. When I receive and reply to emails the name of the senders/receivers on the Hub’s email list are not shown exactly as the name from the Contacts app which sometimes causes me difficulties. Thanks again for your help!
    OK.. you want to copy your contacts from iCloud to Local.. I will tell what I am sure does work.. Selecting multiple contacts (instead of one by one) and Copying to another account works with all accounts (for me) except for Facebook linkages.. i.e. if the contact is linked to Facebook : the "copy to" option will not be there in the menu when you select that conact.. so, if iCloud account is treated the same way as Facebook ; then create the Gmail account and copy them to your Local Contacts.. but as an advice: don't select and copy the 2k contacts you have in one go.. do it in 50s' or 70s'... you will sense by trial how many your phone can handle the copying process without struggling ..

Posted via BB LEAP
    02-09-18 06:54 AM