A few weeks ago I changed my device alphanumeric password, and I forgot to write down the new password.
    Luckily, I've been using Picture Password to gain entry to my device, but now I'm trying to sync my device with my PC, and it asks for my alphanumeric password...and I have no clue what it is.
    Knowing that I can gain access to my phone using Picture Password, is there any way of resetting or finding my alphanumeric password on the device?

Thanks!

I'm using OS 10.3 on a Z30.
    10-29-14 05:00 PM
    No. Nothing can be done here. Try hard and remember your password.

As you probably know, if you enter the wrong password 10 times, the device will wipe itself. BUT you're in luck.

Since you got Picture password on and working, every time you miss on the other, lock the device, unlock with Picpass and start over.

Each sucessfull unlock clears the counter.
    10-29-14 05:05 PM
    I think you are SOL

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 05:14 PM
    Try to backup as much as you can from the device, using Backup Pro, for example.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 05:18 PM
    No. Nothing can be done here. Try hard and remember your password.

As you probably know, if you enter the wrong password 10 times, the device will wipe itself. BUT you're in luck.

Since you got Picture password on and working, every time you miss on the other, lock the device, unlock with Picpass and start over.

Each sucessfull unlock clears the counter.
    Excellent suggestion, and although it may take awhile, with a 4 digit code there are only 10,000 possible combinations.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    10-29-14 05:26 PM
    Excellent suggestion, and although it may take awhile, with a 4 digit code there are only 10,000 possible combinations.

Posted via CB10
    Funny.
    10-29-14 06:18 PM
    Here is how the issue resolved. And, yes, I am very lucky.
    I figured I had 9 tries at the forgotten password, then I'd use the Picpass to reset the counter to 0.
    Unfortunately after seven tries, you are forced to enter the alphanumeric password. The option to enter Picpass is gone, so essentially I had 3 tries at guessing the new passcode before my device would wipe itself.
    I had visions of pain and suffering reconstructing my data.
    BUT, on very rare occasions I use part of an old phone number as a passcode, and to my amazement this code opened my Z30 opened...it was like the clouds parting to reveal the face of God.
    Excellent and lucky and I've learned my lesson. Thanks to you all for the advice.
    10-30-14 11:09 AM
    Very lucky yes. Glad you got it resolved and I am fairly confident that you will take more care when selecting your password. That actually sounded condescending. Sorry. You will be more aware of what you chose in the future.

I say this cause I am well aware of what happens when we forget. Fortunately for me, I had nothing important on my device at the time but waiting for the wipe bit the big one........
    10-30-14 12:06 PM
    I say this cause I am well aware of what happens when we forget. Fortunately for me, I had nothing important on my device at the time but waiting for the wipe bit the big one........
    I guess one didn't really use a BlackBerry till he had his first "password scare".
    11-01-14 12:04 AM