I am sorry, no. I was in the same situation, also avoided a wipe. Youi must search for it. It is somewhere in the CB universe. I tried different words in the CB search engine...

Posted via CB10
    06-05-19 08:57 AM
    I am sorry, no. I was in the same situation, also avoided a wipe. Youi must search for it. It is somewhere in the CB universe. I tried different words in the CB search engine...

Posted via CB10
    Was it in post # 26 of this thread?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-19 11:52 AM
    Was it in post # 26 of this thread?

Posted via CB10
    Use this: https://forums.crackberry.com/genera...3-3-a-1097953/
    I took the bar.file
    06-05-19 12:14 PM
    Thanks to all, that resolved the problem. Back to square one, but at least I can now message the one BB10 contact that I still have.

Posted via CB10
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    06-06-19 07:29 AM
    I'm wondering, when you are using your Passport, are you by chance able to invite a BBMe contact being your BBID is subscribed to BBMe?

Posted via CB10
    06-07-19 06:28 PM
    I'm wondering, when you are using your Passport, are you by chance able to invite a BBMe contact being your BBID is subscribed to BBMe?

Posted via CB10
    I made my inventations with my KeyOne. The BBMe contacts appear on all my devices (Classic, Passport, KeyOne)
    06-08-19 02:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hey Ben,

I've been gone for a while but am back now and just wanted to confirm that you can indeed invite BBMe Android or iOS contacts using a BB10-subscribed BBID. No problem whatsoever. I'm still catching up on threads, but if you think it will be helpful I'll put together a how-to and we'll see if it makes it past the mods.
    06-11-19 06:15 PM
    Hey Ben,

I've been gone for a while but am back now and just wanted to confirm that you can indeed invite BBMe Android or iOS contacts using a BB10-subscribed BBID. No problem whatsoever. I'm still catching up on threads, but if you think it will be helpful I'll put together a how-to and we'll see if it makes it past the mods.
    Whoa! Didn't think I'd see you again!

The reason I haven't experimented with it is because I don't really have an Android device to play around with, can it be done without subscribing to BBMe via Android device?
    As for the how-to, the question hasn't arisen all that much, don't know if it would be worth the effort.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-19 06:36 PM
    Whoa! Didn't think I'd see you again!

The reason I haven't experimented with it is because I don't really have an Android device to play around with, can it be done without subscribing to BBMe via Android device?
    As for the how-to, the question hasn't arisen all that much, don't know if it would be worth the effort.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't think you'd see me again either. For the record, in case anyone else finds this thread and I seem to disappear for long periods again, I can also be located on the Reddit Blackberry thread.

It absolutely can be done without subscribing to BBMe via Android. The trick is that you have to have your Android users create a BB10 BBID and use that to sign up for BBMe. If they create the one supposedly for BBMe consumers it is a separate BBID infrastructure and thus will create problems. We'll see if the question comes up again--if so I may do a quick how-to just for grins.
    06-11-19 06:39 PM
    It absolutely can be done without subscribing to BBMe via Android. The trick is that you have to have your Android users create a BB10 BBID and use that to sign up for BBMe. If they create the one supposedly for BBMe consumers it is a separate BBID infrastructure and thus will create problems. We'll see if the question comes up again--if so I may do a quick how-to just for grins.
    I thought a BBID was a BBID... where do you create a non-BB10 BBID?

I was thinking about subscribing my own BBID to BBMe somehow just so I can invite BBMe users, but from your story, I would still have to rely on the Android users' actions to be able to send invitations?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-19 06:56 PM
    I thought a BBID was a BBID... where do you create a non-BB10 BBID?

I was thinking about subscribing my own BBID to BBMe somehow just so I can invite BBMe users, but from your story, I would still have to rely on the Android users' actions to be able to send invitations?

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately this does not seem to be the case. Here's the site you see when you sign up for a Blackberry ID:

https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/support/bbid

There are two options:

1. You can create a Blackberry ID for BBMe Individual Use.

2. You can create a Blackberry ID for BB10, BBOS, and the Playbook.

In order to have easy interoperability between users, you want the folks now using BBMe to sign up for a Blackberry ID for BB10, BBOS, etc. and then use those credentials to sign into BBMe on their Android or iOS device. As long as they do that both they and you can easily send invitations, etc. normally.

As a BB10 user you would keep using BBM for BB10--no need to install the BBMe BB10 app specifically. The Android/iOS folks would of course install BBMe from their respective app stores and sign in with the newly-created Blackberry ID for BB10.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    06-11-19 07:20 PM
    Unfortunately this does not seem to be the case. Here's the site you see when you sign up for a Blackberry ID:

https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/support/bbid
    Unfortunately I don't have the power to tell all my contacts to go and get themselves another BBID.
    My initial question was:

If I take my BB10 BBID, and use it to sign up and subscribe to the Consumer BBMe, then switch back to BB10. Will I be able to invite BBMe contacts with this BBMe subscribed BBID?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-19 07:30 PM
    Unfortunately I don't have the power to tell all my contacts to go and get themselves another BBID.
    My initial question was:

If I take my BB10 BBID, and use it to sign up and subscribe to the Consumer BBMe, then switch back to BB10. Will I be able to invite BBMe contacts with this BBMe subscribed BBID?

Posted via CB10
    Apologies Ben; I thought that perhaps with the changeover being relatively recent you might have some Android/iOS contacts which might not have made the changeover yet.

Forgive me if I'm not understanding your question, but it is actually not necessary (and counterproductive) to attempt to sign up for BBMe while using a BB10 device. Natural BBM can communicate with BBMe users, whereas BBMe for BB10 requires an actual BBMe account with a Blackberry UEM instance or other similar setup.

Now, as for BBMe contacts: you may well be able to invite them using your normal, pre-existing BB10 BBID. When I was helping mine switch over I had them signed up for a BB10 BBID so I have not yet tested this, but I will do so and get back to you. I would recommend avoiding switching your BB10 ID to BBMe however in the interim, as converting a BB10 ID to a non-BB10 purpose usually does not end well....
    06-11-19 07:37 PM
    Apologies Ben; I thought that perhaps with the changeover being relatively recent you might have some Android/iOS contacts which might not have made the changeover yet.

Forgive me if I'm not understanding your question, but it is actually not necessary (and counterproductive) to attempt to sign up for BBMe while using a BB10 device. Natural BBM can communicate with BBMe users, whereas BBMe for BB10 requires an actual BBMe account with a Blackberry UEM instance or other similar setup.

Now, as for BBMe contacts: you may well be able to invite them using your normal, pre-existing BB10 BBID. When I was helping mine switch over I had them signed up for a BB10 BBID so I have not yet tested this, but I will do so and get back to you. I would recommend avoiding switching your BB10 ID to BBMe however in the interim, as converting a BB10 ID to a non-BB10 purpose usually does not end well....
    No problems

When switching back to BB10, I wouldn't be using the BBMe version, (as we have found out in the past that this does not work with the new consumer accounts) I would simply sign right back into BBMc with my newly subscibed BBID.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-19 09:08 PM
    No problems

When switching back to BB10, I wouldn't be using the BBMe version, (as we have found out in the past that this does not work with the new consumer accounts) I would simply sign right back into BBMc with my newly subscibed BBID.

Posted via CB10
    So you'd be using your BB10 BBID, which you have at this point converted to a BBMe consumer BBID, on the native normal BB10 BBMc app and then trying to add Android/iOS BBMe contacts?

Just trying to make sure I understand the use case so I run the right test....
    06-11-19 09:12 PM
    So you'd be using your BB10 BBID, which you have at this point converted to a BBMe consumer BBID, on the native normal BB10 BBMc app and then trying to add Android/iOS BBMe contacts?

Absolutely correct.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-19 09:13 PM

Hey, I've been able to borrow an Android device and run the test myself, and the outcome is; no, invitations still only work one way.
    Good news is I hear this may be rectified in the near future.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-19 01:11 PM
    Hey, I've been able to borrow an Android device and run the test myself, and the outcome is; no, invitations still only work one way.
    Good news is I hear this may be rectified in the near future.

Posted via CB10
    How did you convert your BB10 ID into a BBMe consumer ID? So far it seems to me the two are separate and distinct....

Or did you create a BBMe consumer ID and then try and use that on BB10 BBM?
    06-18-19 02:19 PM
    How did you convert your BB10 ID into a BBMe consumer ID? So far it seems to me the two are separate and distinct....
    I borrowed an Android device, installed BBMe and used my current BBID to sign in and subscribe, then went and signed back into BBMc on BB10 with newly subscibed BBID.

Or did you create a BBMe consumer ID and then try and use that on BB10 BBM?
    Maybe that would work....might try that sometime.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-19 02:25 PM
    I borrowed an Android device, installed BBMe and used my current BBID to sign in and subscribe, then went and signed back into BBMc on BB10 with newly subscibed BBID.

Maybe that would work....might try that sometime.

Posted via CB10
    Ah, so you used the same BB10 ID for both the Android device and the BB10 device with no success eh? I'll give that one a shot as I was assuming you had somehow converted your BB10 BBID to a BBMe consumer one. One would assume you could use the same BBID on multiple devices and have things work normally but maybe not....

I would not advise trying to use a BBMe consumer ID with BB10...anecdotal evidence suggests that the two systems are incompatible, though that is probably worth a test as well.
    06-18-19 02:30 PM
    One would assume you could use the same BBID on multiple devices and have things work normally but maybe not....
    Well that's the thing, BBMe isn't fully supported on BB10. I, for one have tried to switch within the app and sign in with a BBMe consumer ID, where it just would show a server error with no real way to switch back except wipe the device and try again with a different BBID.
    But maybe they'll get that sorted out yet.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-19 02:35 PM
    Well that's the thing, BBMe isn't fully supported on BB10. I, for one have tried to switch within the app and sign in with a BBMe consumer ID, where it just would show a server error with no real way to switch back except wipe the device and try again with a different BBID.
    But maybe they'll get that sorted out yet.

Posted via CB10
    Um...just to make sure we're talking about the same thing here....you know it's fully possible to use BB10's BBM with BBMe accounts on Android and iOS right? In other words, BB10's BBMe app is not supported unless you're running under UEM or a similar enterprise environment...but you don't need it to communicate with Android/iOS users as you can use the standard BB10 BBM with your normal BBID that you've been using forever....

Now, there is some question as to how invites might work, which is where the testing comes in...but as for general compatibility BB10's BBM works out of the box with BBMe....
    06-18-19 02:37 PM
    Um...just to make sure we're talking about the same thing here....you know it's fully possible to use BB10's BBM with BBMe accounts on Android and iOS right? In other words, BB10's BBMe app is not supported unless you're running under UEM or a similar enterprise environment...but you don't need it to communicate with Android/iOS users as you can use the standard BB10 BBM with your normal BBID that you've been using forever....

Now, there is some question as to how invites might work, which is where the testing comes in...but as for general compatibility BB10's BBM works out of the box with BBMe....
    Yes I do know this as I am doing it as we speak .
    The reason I tested the BBMe version was because some others were encountering the error when trying to switch and I wanted to confirm.
    I am all good to go except for the invitations not working both ways, although I hear they are looking to fix this soon.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-19 02:46 PM
    Yes I do know this as I am doing it as we speak .
    The reason I tested the BBMe version was because some others were encountering the error when trying to switch and I wanted to confirm.
    I am all good to go except for the invitations not working both ways, although I hear they are looking to fix this soon.

Posted via CB10
    Sweet. That's what I thought originally but just wanted to double-check. I'm going to see what results I get on the invitations, although for the record and for anyone encountering this thread in the future:

There is no need to "switch" to BBMe if you are using Blackberry 10. Your normal BBM will continue to work and is cross-platform compatible with the Android/iOS folks now using BBMe.
    06-18-19 02:48 PM
    Are messages from BBM on BB10 to BBMe on Android or Apple protected like messages from BBMe on Android/Apple to BMM on BB10?

Posted via CB10
    06-24-19 11:38 AM
78 1234