Brilliant, thank you Ben

Posted via CB10
    But, are you sure the contacts have edited their display name to their own name? Initially at setup the display name is just the accounts' pin.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-19 08:12 PM
    But, are you sure the contacts have edited their display name to their own name? Initially at setup the display name is just the accounts' pin.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I set up both phones myself and put the display names in. It's a bit of an oversight but at least it can be worked around.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-19 07:57 AM
    My third contact set up BBMe himself; this was my Dad on his iPhone.

He sent me an invitation by SMS... guess what, it didn't work when I accepted his invitation and said it declined. I had to tell him my PIN and then he could add me. This is pretty rubbish.

It seems that even though you put your name in for BBID, you need to do it again for the app? They don't know their name isn't in right. Again, this is pretty rubbish and will confuse your average user.

We tried a BB10 (in Japan) to iPhone (in the UK) BBMe call. It wouldn't work and disconnected after 20 seconds. Did I mention, this is pretty rubbish?

I will continue to use BB10 BBM and cross'platform-BBMe as it is convenient when set up for BB10 but OMG what a bug ridden mess it is when it gets cross platform!

Posted via CB10
    06-02-19 07:57 AM
    Today I was with my Passport on my BBMe for private users account. All my BBMe contacts were loaded, I could send and receive individual messages, but no group chats. Returning to my KeyOne here I had to re-login to BBMe again.
    06-02-19 10:26 AM
    Today I was with my Passport on my BBMe for private users account. All my BBMe contacts were loaded, I could send and receive individual messages, but no group chats. Returning to my KeyOne here I had to re-login to BBMe again.
    How do you get, or where does one find BBMe for the Passport? I'm actually pretty confused as to whether this is necessary to communicate with Android BBM or if BB10 BBM will still work.
    06-02-19 05:13 PM
    How do you get, or where does one find BBMe for the Passport? I'm actually pretty confused as to whether this is necessary to communicate with Android BBM or if BB10 BBM will still work.
    BBM for BB10 will / still works. What he did is he used the BBID to sign into his Passport, which he used to subscribe to BBME on his Android device. He just switches back and forth between BB10 and Android with that account.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-19 10:46 PM
    My third contact set up BBMe himself; this was my Dad on his iPhone.

He sent me an invitation by SMS... guess what, it didn't work when I accepted his invitation and said it declined. I had to tell him my PIN and then he could add me. This is pretty rubbish.
    Invites only work one way, BBME to BBMC. This is a "feature" that I also find quite annoying. It is to avoid spam invites BB support has informed me.

It seems that even though you put your name in for BBID, you need to do it again for the app? They don't know their name isn't in right. Again, this is pretty rubbish and will confuse your average user.
    I, personally, don't want my contact name to be an email address...

We tried a BB10 (in Japan) to iPhone (in the UK) BBMe call. It wouldn't work and disconnected after 20 seconds. Did I mention, this is pretty rubbish?
    Now I've only made a few calls, but the ones that I did make have been pretty good quality.

I will continue to use BB10 BBM and cross'platform-BBMe as it is convenient when set up for BB10 but OMG what a bug ridden mess it is when it gets cross platform!

Posted via CB10
    Well there's always WhatsApp once you get tired of it...

Posted via CB10
    06-02-19 11:00 PM
    Thank you! Right now I'm using Telegraph, but I'd like to get BBMe working on my wife's Motion to talk to my Passport.
    06-02-19 11:00 PM
    True true about WhatsApp. I am in a bit of a rare situation with work. I use WhatsApp only when I am on shift at work, when I put the work SIM in the Passport it gets the work WhatsApp. But BBM (which I use only for personal contact is on constantly and it doesn't care what SIM I have in.

Thanks for your help and feedback Ben :-)

Posted via CB10
    06-02-19 11:22 PM
    BBM for BB10 will / still works. What he did is he used the BBID to sign into his Passport, which he used to subscribe to BBME on his Android device. He just switches back and forth between BB10 and Android with that account.

Posted via CB10
    Yes indeed. And I used to subscribe with my BBID that I had for my BB10 devices bevor I had a BlackBerry Android.
    Last edited by CrackPriv; 06-05-19 at 07:14 AM.
    06-03-19 03:22 AM
    You don't need a BBMe app for BB10. Just use the one you have as it is.
    06-03-19 03:23 AM

On my personal Passport, I pressed the button to change to BBM Enterprise. It downloaded BBM Enterprise from BBW and then tells me that I don't have permission to use it.
    How did you get it to work? I get the same message, but I have a work partition and I doubt that my organization supports BBMe.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-19 07:36 AM
    How did you get it to work? I get the same message, but I have a work partition and I doubt that my organization supports BBMe.

Posted via CB10
    Don't upgrade the BBM 10 BBM app to BBMe if you want to use it for BBMe for private users !!! Use it as it is. But first register on an Android device with the BBID you have used on your BB10.
    06-03-19 08:34 AM
    Working! My bb10 bbm on Passport with a BlackBerry Motion running bbme. Had to create a new bbid on the Motion to make the bbme work. Nice to be able to continue using bbm.
    06-03-19 11:29 PM
    I have a bb10 on regular bbm in group chats with android BBMe... working no problem. Only thing is that only on phone device, that group wont show on bbme desktop for those using androids.
    06-04-19 02:55 PM
    Don't upgrade the BBM 10 BBM app to BBMe if you want to use it for BBMe for private users !!! Use it as it is. But first register on an Android device with the BBID you have used on your BB10.
    Temporary server error. Please try again.

I guess I'll have to try again later.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-19 08:44 PM
    Temporary server error. Please try again.

I guess I'll have to try again later.

Posted via CB10
    Did you switch to BBMe on BB10 then try to sign in with a 'prosumer' account?

Posted via CB10
    06-04-19 09:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, that's the point at which I encounter the error. I am still logged in on the Android device, which seems to work fine. Maybe UEM is preventing this from working?

Posted via CB10
    06-04-19 10:49 PM
    Yes, that's the point at which I encounter the error. I am still logged in on the Android device, which seems to work fine. Maybe UEM is preventing this from working?

Posted via CB10
    That's the problem. The new single subscription accounts aren't compatible with BB10, which is why you're getting the error. You will need to switch back to regular BBM, to do this you'll need to turn off BlackBerry Protect, do a security wipe, and try signing in with an account that is NOT associated with a prosumer account. It'll ask if you want to switch back. After you've switched back you should be able to sign in with your BBID which you used to log in on the Android device.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-19 05:08 AM
    That's the problem. The new single subscription accounts aren't compatible with BB10, which is why you're getting the error. You will need to switch back to regular BBM, to do this you'll need to turn off BlackBerry Protect, do a security wipe, and try signing in with an account that is NOT associated with a prosumer account. It'll ask if you want to switch back. After you've switched back you should be able to sign in with your BBID which you used to log in on the Android device.

Posted via CB10
    On my KeyOne, Classic and Passport it works fine with switching between the devices. I use my one and only BBID I registered before I got an android device.
    06-05-19 07:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    That don't work in this direction. And you may not upgrade the BBM BB10 app. If you did that you wont't come back. First I did the some mistake and I had to install it new. I found it somewhere here on CB.
    06-05-19 07:19 AM
    On my KeyOne, Classic and Passport it works fine with switching between the devices. I use my one and only BBID I registered before I got an android device.
    The other BBID thing is just to get back to regular BBM for BB10, after he's switched back he can use his old BBID again.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-19 07:23 AM
    That don't work in this direction. And you may not upgrade the BBM BB10 app. If you did that you wont't come back. First I did the some mistake and I had to install it new. I found it somewhere here on CB.
    Which he has done, and I've provided instructions on how to switch back.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-19 07:24 AM
    The other BBID thing is just to get back to regular BBM for BB10, after he's switched back he can use his old BBID again.

Posted via CB10
    Yes.
    06-05-19 07:25 AM
    Do you still have the link for that? I would like to avoid doing a wipe as it will require a UEM activation, and I doubt IT is too keen to hand those out given that there are only a handful of BlackBerry users left.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-19 08:52 AM
78 1234