How on earth do I make BBM Enterprise work on BB10 to survive the post-May shut down of the consumer side of BBM from Emtek?

I have set up a BB ID for my work phone (a Motion) with its own email address and downloaded BBMe to it. That seems to have worked but I could not add my Passport as a contact.

On my personal Passport, I pressed the button to change to BBM Enterprise. It downloaded BBM Enterprise from BBW and then tells me that I don't have permission to use it.

Any advice from anyone who has got a BB10 phone to work with the new non-Emtek BBM, please? I have searched on CB but it is confusing as to who is talking about what operating system.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-19 09:08 AM
    Okay, I think it was a mistake to attempt to switch to the BBM Enterprise on my BB10 Passport.

I've went back to standard BBM and it seems to work but my invitation to the work phone via PIN and Bar Code scanning (in both directions) won't work.

I'm quite anxious that this might be the end for me but I have nowhere to go. I detest the Motion I have. Maybe I should try an iPhone, really it's just the keyboard and the BB10 Hub that I'll miss.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    DC A1 likes this.
    05-06-19 09:25 AM
    How on earth do I make BBM Enterprise work on BB10 to survive the post-May shut down of the consumer side of BBM from Emtek?

I have set up a BB ID for my work phone (a Motion) with its own email address and downloaded BBMe to it. That seems to have worked but I could not add my Passport as a contact.

On my personal Passport, I pressed the button to change to BBM Enterprise. It downloaded BBM Enterprise from BBW and then tells me that I don't have permission to use it.

Any advice from anyone who has got a BB10 phone to work with the new non-Emtek BBM, please? I have searched on CB but it is confusing as to who is talking about what operating system.

Posted via CB10
    BBM for BB10 isn't going anywhere. Nor can you switch over to BBM Enterprise without a real account (not the free one being offered to Android and iOS users).
    05-06-19 09:52 AM
    Maybe I should try an iPhone, really it's just the keyboard and the BB10 Hub that I'll miss.
    Why not try and KEY2, and have both?

You can wait and see if BlackBerry Ltd offers a solution to BB10 users, but I wouldn't count on it.
    05-06-19 10:02 AM
    Thanks guys. I'm back on standard BB10 BBM.

So a BB10 BBM can or cannot communicate with BBMe iOS and Android for now?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-19 11:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    Can.
    05-06-19 11:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    You can communicate with them (but no groups).
    - I would like to invite you to BBMe and -If you like- add you to the BBMe supporters group. EF007BFE
    05-06-19 11:15 AM
    In which case, I am so confused. I could not persuade the Motion with BBMe to talk to the standard BB10 BBM adding the contact in either direction, barcode and PIN.

I will have a go with my wife's iPhone.

Any ideas on if I'm doing anything wrong?

Posted via CB10
    Digital_Islandboy likes this.
    05-06-19 11:23 AM
    In which case, I am so confused. I could not persuade the Motion with BBMe to talk to the standard BB10 BBM adding the contact in either direction, barcode and PIN.

I will have a go with my wife's iPhone.

Any ideas on if I'm doing anything wrong?

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, there have been more claiming this to be an issue. Can you initiate a chat from BBMe to BB10 BBM using just the pin?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-19 11:54 AM
    Hmm, there have been more claiming this to be an issue. Can you initiate a chat from BBMe to BB10 BBM using just the pin?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah right now it's not clear how things are suppose to work, nor what the end of the month might change. In my view BlackBerry has always "controlled" BB10 BBM, so it should function with BBMe just fine.

Sadly I think they need to update the BB10 BBM app for some minor changes... just no one left to do it. So they are trying to make the changes on the Server side.
    05-06-19 01:51 PM
    I'll wait until the end of the month and see if there is any improvement.

I probably won't quit BB10 early as it just works so well for me in many respects, but I won't be happy with BB-- but I've certainly had my money's worth. I travel a lot for work so having a few family members on BBM means a lot to me personally when it would cost a lot to do calls and SMS from some countries.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-19 04:11 PM

I probably won't quit BB10 early
    Thanks for that.
    05-07-19 07:22 AM
    Thanks for that.
    Rather BB10 will quit on me, I feel!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-19 09:21 AM
    Rather BB10 will quit on me, I feel!

Posted via CB10
    Up until recently I expected just BBW to shutdown at the end of the year... at this point I'm leaning towards they'll just pull the plug.

You'll have a phone that will work, but I think BBM, Assistant, Maps will all cause errors of "server can't be contacted". And you have to wipe the phone or reload the OS without using a BBID logon or ANY BBW apps. And a few pop ups from time to time saying can't connect to "BlackBerry". LINK and BLEND will be useless...

Keeping a few people to oversee and the equipment to run it... might not be a lot, but it would be something. Just don't think Chen is going to be willing to spend anything at that point, as it seems the Mobility Division is being scaled way back.
    Digital_Islandboy likes this.
    05-07-19 10:50 AM
    Ok - Hi all - new to the forum - long time BB user - currently using my Classic with all my darling loved ones on android, I was happy until this end of days thing with BBM.

So have I got this right BBM is ending for all other platforms a part from BB10 OS??

I just tried, as others have to install Enterprise with no success... However by this time my partner had already registered and signed into BBM(E) on android...I reverted back to BBM on my classic and then scanned her new BBM(E) QR code and BANG it worked , it did bill her but only £0.00 rip off lol I assume to check funding sources... 365 days free trail for personal use!

NOW MY FEAR is that if normal BBM ends for BB10 OS I'll be back to square one...and no cross platform messaging service that is any good.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated and I hope my experience helps others if BBM is staying on BB10 OS
    05-29-19 07:46 AM
    NOW MY FEAR is that if normal BBM ends for BB10 OS I'll be back to square one...and no cross platform messaging service that is any good.
    There have been no announcements made about discontinuing BBM on BB10. Even with BB10 reaching End of Life, they don't have much reason to shut it down.
    PCclassic likes this.
    05-29-19 10:50 AM
    I successfully put BBMe on my Key2 and Motion and synchronized them. But when I try to access BBM on my passport it just says "your user account has been accessed on another device, would you like to transfer contacts?" When I say yes, I have to re- initiate BBMe on the motion and key2. My only other option for my passport is to exit, and it closes.
    So how can I keep BBM on my passport to communicate with others, I guess I have to have a different BBM account and password.
    05-29-19 12:53 PM
    I successfully put BBMe on my Key2 and Motion and synchronized them. But when I try to access BBM on my passport it just says "your user account has been accessed on another device, would you like to transfer contacts?" When I say yes, I have to re- initiate BBMe on the motion and key2. My only other option for my passport is to exit, and it closes.
    So how can I keep BBM on my passport to communicate with others, I guess I have to have a different BBM account and password.
    The single subscription accounts aren't compatible with BB10. You would need to buy a full business BBMe account for that.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-19 01:44 PM
    The single subscription accounts aren't compatible with BB10. You would need to buy a full business BBMe account for that.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I read that in another post, but I can download BBM fresh and use reg BBM for BB10 which I also read wasn't going anywhere. Just start a new account with a different or new Handle I think. Does that sound right? It's almost not worth it. And I don't want to pay BlackBerry $40 a year just to sink my Passport. Doesn't seem fair you can Sink up to 5 devices of BBMe on androids but if have a BB10 device, costs $40 for that!
    05-29-19 01:54 PM
    Yeah, I read that in another post, but I can download BBM fresh and use reg BBM for BB10 which I also read wasn't going anywhere. Just start a new account with a different or new Handle I think. Does that sound right? It's almost not worth it. And I don't want to pay BlackBerry $40 a year just to sink my Passport. Doesn't seem fair you can Sink up to 5 devices of BBMe on androids but if have a BB10 device, costs $40 for that!
    Sounds right.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-19 01:56 PM
    The BB10 tax is higher than BBAndroid Tax because it's a superior OS according to BB10 die-hard fans. Pay up!!!!!! /Sarcastic comment approved by Chuck Finley69 just now.......
    05-29-19 01:58 PM
    Well it's kinda hard to charge any subscriptions for BBMe on BB10... when the apps stores payment system has ended, and the store itself doesn't have much longer. Besides there aren't any BB10 developers left.... At least for now they have left that compatibility alone.
    05-29-19 03:07 PM
    Okay, so I now have BB10 BBM talking to one iPhone and one Android phone.

The problem is that the BB10 phone onlyshows the contacts at PIN codes, not as the contact's name. Even if I add that PIN as a contact and put the name in, it remains with just PIN numbers.

It's basically unuseable!

Posted via CB10
    05-30-19 11:11 AM
    Okay, so I now have BB10 BBM talking to one iPhone and one Android phone.

The problem is that the BB10 phone onlyshows the contacts at PIN codes, not as the contact's name. Even if I add that PIN as a contact and put the name in, it remains with just PIN numbers.

It's basically unuseable!

Posted via CB10
    You can edit a persons' display name. When viewing the persons' BBM profile tap on the name and you'll be able to edit it.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-19 04:54 PM
    You can edit a persons' display name. When viewing the persons' BBM profile tap on the name and you'll be able to edit it.

Posted via CB10
    Brilliant, thank you Ben

Posted via CB10
    05-30-19 07:50 PM
78 123 ...