01-31-16 05:52 PM
41 12
tools
    While the quality is not as good as iTunes music, it is still nice to listen to if you're not a audiophile
    While FLAC is actually a nice balance between size and quality, it doesn't always play on everything. Many people seem to like it though but personally I try to stick to iTunes .m4a or .AIFF
    Sorry, Matty, but I've had so many people playing low quality audio from their ipods and iphones, I find your comments almost laughable.

7Digital sells music in either the mp3 or the aac format for the basic price and the flac format for the premium price. A recent CNET article explains how good flac is:

http://www.cnet.com/news/what-is-fla...p3-explained/#!

As stated by CNET, there's no problem with device compatibility... well... except for one: "IOS: There is arguably still one hurdle preventing FLAC's full-scale adoption: the Apple iPhone and other iOS devices don't support the format natively. With every major edition of iOS and iTunes, we secretly hope for FLAC support, but we may never get it." And, of course, there is an app for that. So, really, not an issue at all.

But you know what, Matty, don't worry about that: your Leap will play them just fine.

And "m4a"??? You're joking right?

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm likes this.
    12-19-15 12:13 PM
    I highly recommend http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59970444 Music Finder!

As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17
    12-19-15 12:36 PM
    This.

While the quality is not as good as iTunes music, it is still nice to listen to if you not a audiophile

Posted via BlackBerry Leap OS 10.3.2.2339
    Quality not as good as iTunes?? 7Digital offers 320kbps bitrate. iTunes offer 256kbps. While most of the time we probably couldn't tell the difference, 7Digital is literally the better quality

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm likes this.
    12-19-15 03:47 PM
    Only ever use 7 digital it's always good!

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    12-25-15 02:52 AM
    Quality not as good as iTunes?? 7Digital offers 320kbps bitrate. iTunes offer 256kbps. While most of the time we probably couldn't tell the difference, 7Digital is literally the better quality

Posted via CB10
    Hello SeanKent, um, how can I put this.

While 7Digital may offer 320kbps songs, when I run them through a spectrum analyser, the levels are normally below 20 khz and sometimes even below 17hkz. Whereas iTunes masters all of its songs at the 22khz range, giving you the "full" spectrum of sound available.

Just like a camera, Megapixels don't tell the full story. So a 320kbps track can sound worse than 256kbps depending on how they are mastered. But I don't really want to get into a debate.

Let's just say I'm completely and not argue about something silly. How everyone has a merry Christmas.

A Berry A Day Keeps The Apple Away
    12-25-15 03:08 AM
    I use iomoio

http://www.iomoio.com

Full albums are $2-3

For example, Adele's new album (14 songs) costs $2.24

Each song is $.16 cents each.

 Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.2.2789 T-Mobile with Wi-Fi calling
    Looks too good to be true - is this place legit?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    12-26-15 09:00 AM
    Looks too good to be true - is this place legit?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    I looked it up, it kind-of a grey zone, it's legal in the Ukraine or Russia.

Here's a German Article from a large Company.

http://www.pc-magazin.de/ratgeber/so...s-1366553.html

It says in Germany you cannot be sued by the Music Industry because it's legal in County you purchased it, you paid for it and they didn't warn you that it's not available in your Country.

But it you really want to support the Artist then you may want to order somewhere else.
    12-26-15 11:29 AM
    I've just scrolled thru some of the negative reviews.

One guy said he doesn't get the album art. Everything I've downloaded includes the album art.

Another guy complained that he paid for an album with 17 tracks and only got one track. We'll, I've always got all the tracks on each of the numerous albums I've purchased. Now, if you're trying to download over a weak or intermittent wifi or cellular signal, you're going to have problems with any download. That was most likely his problem.

Another guy said he had to restart his phone to get the downloading process to start. That's never happened to me.

Someone said he had moved his music files to another folder on his memory card and then didn't like it when 7digital downloaded the same songs again. Well, why would you do that? Leave the music in the music folder and it works perfectly fine. Sheesh?!!!

Somebody said the "song ID tags" didn't download. WTF??? All my song's are nicely listed by song title and yes they show up just fine in the BB10 Music app.

Someone else couldn't preview the songs. The song previews always work for me.

So bottom line, who knows why these people are having problems. But these are not the norm. You'd think that anyone who is trying to use the app and having those kinds of problems would reach out to the developer and ask how to resolve their issues. But no, they decide to post a negative review. I wonder why?
    Though I agree with most of what you say, I will admit that I've had 2 albums downloaded through 7digital which appear to not have the id tags in them. Removed and redownloaded a few times on different devices to be sure. It seems to be just very sporadic albums that are missing it. I didn't care all that much. I'm sure if notified, they'd actually fix in their library.

Posted via CB with my Passport to productivity
    12-27-15 07:42 PM
    Hello SeanKent, um, how can I put this.

While 7Digital may offer 320kbps songs, when I run them through a spectrum analyser, the levels are normally below 20 khz and sometimes even below 17hkz. Whereas iTunes masters all of its songs at the 22khz range, giving you the "full" spectrum of sound available.

Just like a camera, Megapixels don't tell the full story. So a 320kbps track can sound worse than 256kbps depending on how they are mastered. But I don't really want to get into a debate.

Let's just say I'm completely and not argue about something silly. How everyone has a merry Christmas.

A Berry A Day Keeps The Apple Away
    Yeah I understand. That's interesting. I wonder if it may be to do with the individual songs? As in one tune was originally mastered better than the other, before being sent to online stores? But would be hard to test it as no one really wants to buy the same song twice.

Or does it not work like that

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 03:54 AM
    The best thing about 7Digital is that you end up with the files themselves instead of streaming music, so you can do whatever you want with the file.
    Yep, this. A real MP3 to carry around! :-D

  There's a Crack in the Berry right now...  
    12-29-15 12:57 AM
    Yep, this. A real MP3 to carry around! :-D

•   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   •
    One can blather on end about how their cloud music service is hip or whatever, but being far away from cell service on a subway train makes it a moot point.

Sure, you can cache the cloud music if applicable, but then, why not just have the file?
    kbz1960, glamrlama and BerryRipe like this.
    01-02-16 01:20 AM
    I use StereoTube. FREE!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 10:51 AM
    7 Digital offers AAC and FLAC files.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    01-17-16 05:37 AM
    I've just scrolled thru some of the negative reviews.

One guy said he doesn't get the album art. Everything I've downloaded includes the album art.

Another guy complained that he paid for an album with 17 tracks and only got one track. We'll, I've always got all the tracks on each of the numerous albums I've purchased. Now, if you're trying to download over a weak or intermittent wifi or cellular signal, you're going to have problems with any download. That was most likely his problem.

Another guy said he had to restart his phone to get the downloading process to start. That's never happened to me.

Someone said he had moved his music files to another folder on his memory card and then didn't like it when 7digital downloaded the same songs again. Well, why would you do that? Leave the music in the music folder and it works perfectly fine. Sheesh?!!!

Somebody said the "song ID tags" didn't download. WTF??? All my song's are nicely listed by song title and yes they show up just fine in the BB10 Music app.

Someone else couldn't preview the songs. The song previews always work for me.

So bottom line, who knows why these people are having problems. But these are not the norm. You'd think that anyone who is trying to use the app and having those kinds of problems would reach out to the developer and ask how to resolve their issues. But no, they decide to post a negative review. I wonder why?
    The app isn't working at all on my BB Classic. All I can do with it is look at cover art and prices. That has been the case for some apps as well, i.e. they don't work in BB devices with a hardware keyboard.
    01-18-16 07:10 AM
    The app isn't working at all on my BB Classic. All I can do with it is look at cover art and prices. That has been the case for some apps as well, i.e. they don't work in BB devices with a hardware keyboard.
    It is working just fine on my Z30.

I can look at cover art and prices and I can listen to the song previews and also download the songs too. Also I can choose between the mp3 and aac and flac formats for the song downloads. It is working very well indeed.

Have you tried any troubleshooting methods to solve the problem you're facing?

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 09:56 AM
    It is working just fine on my Z30.
    I can look at cover art and prices and I can listen to the song previews and also download the songs too. Also I can choose between the mp3 and aac and flac formats for the song downloads. It is working very well indeed.
    Have you tried any troubleshooting methods to solve the problem you're facing?
    After I installed the 7digital app, I was actually asked to participate in a survey about the app. I explained all the problems there. A few days later, I sent mail to their customer support and asked if they could help me make it work on my device. I haven't heard back from them, it's been like 2 weeks.
    I assume 1. not everybody's affected, it work fine for some, but the complaints are legit, maybe depending on devices. 2. 7digital are aware their app has issues and they're not currently able to fix it, or they would have already.
    01-31-16 05:52 PM
41 12