I have bought music from the play store on my passport, but the problem is that it doesn't download to the phone itself, it just downloads to Google Play Music, meaning I have to use that app to listen to it. I'd rather use the native music player. I also tried amazon music, but I'm in Canada and digital music is only available if you choose amazon.com, and then my Canadian credit card is not valid for purchases for US digital music. Is there another option for me so I can use just my phone to buy music legally?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 09:08 AM
    I don't know much about Google Play Store, but I use http://peggo.co/ which is a DVR and is Legal in most countries, it's kind of like a tape recorder you can adjust before recording from SoundCloud or YouTube.

There's no Software needed, it plays in the Browser.
    11-20-15 09:19 AM
    11-20-15 09:24 AM
    Now why would you ever want to do that?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 10:47 AM
    Check out 7digital Music Store for BlackBerry 10 in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59492802

That's what I use and it's got pretty much everything I've wanted to buy. Prices pretty much the same as elsewhere. Nicely integrated with the BB10 Music app.
    Droidophobe and bennypr0fane like this.
    11-20-15 05:55 PM
    Check out 7digital Music Store for BlackBerry 10 in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59492802

That's what I use and it's got pretty much everything I've wanted to buy. Prices pretty much the same as elsewhere. Nicely integrated with the BB10 Music app.
    From the sounds of the customer reviews, that's not a very reliable app

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 05:57 PM
    Go to android app store and download spotify then sign up get an account and register premium then you can download songs offline and it works fine on BB10 with no issues.

Posted via CB10
    7christopherr likes this.
    11-20-15 06:45 PM
    From the sounds of the customer reviews, that's not a very reliable app

Posted via CB10
    The best thing about 7Digital is that you end up with the files themselves instead of streaming music, so you can do whatever you want with the file.
    11-20-15 07:04 PM
    The amazon music app works great with BB10. Many songs are actually downloaded free if you have prime.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 07:21 PM
    Amazon music works fine on my z10. I got it through snap as amazon didn't like my phone but Google play didn't seem to care

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 07:57 PM
    I'm Deezer user. Subscription based streaming service like Spotify and I like it. I don't want to care about mp3, transfers, backups...

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 01:56 AM
    The amazon music app works great with BB10. Many songs are actually downloaded free if you have prime.

Posted via CB10
    Amazon music works fine on my z10. I got it through snap as amazon didn't like my phone but Google play didn't seem to care

Posted via CB10
    First post reading skill: 10/10
    Droidophobe likes this.
    11-21-15 02:21 AM
    First post reading skill: 10/10
    Yes reading skills. Amazon would NOT allow me to install the music app to my z10. The play store did. I don't need prime as I just buy the individual songs.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 05:53 AM
    From the sounds of the customer reviews, that's not a very reliable app.
    Well, my friend, that is why I posted my reply to your question.

I'm here to tell you it is an awesome music store, great selection, reasonable prices, and I've never had one problem with it.

Sometimes reviews posted anonymously are not accurate or reliable for a variety of reasons. In this case, the reviews are quite off base. It should be listed as a 5 star app instead of the 2 stars that it has on BBW.

Plus, as Thurask has mentioned above, you get the mp3 files on your memory card and they're yours. If you lose them, you can always download them again.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    11-21-15 10:46 AM
    I also recommend 7 digital.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 11:00 AM
    I've just scrolled thru some of the negative reviews.

One guy said he doesn't get the album art. Everything I've downloaded includes the album art.

Another guy complained that he paid for an album with 17 tracks and only got one track. We'll, I've always got all the tracks on each of the numerous albums I've purchased. Now, if you're trying to download over a weak or intermittent wifi or cellular signal, you're going to have problems with any download. That was most likely his problem.

Another guy said he had to restart his phone to get the downloading process to start. That's never happened to me.

Someone said he had moved his music files to another folder on his memory card and then didn't like it when 7digital downloaded the same songs again. Well, why would you do that? Leave the music in the music folder and it works perfectly fine. Sheesh?!!!

Somebody said the "song ID tags" didn't download. WTF??? All my song's are nicely listed by song title and yes they show up just fine in the BB10 Music app.

Someone else couldn't preview the songs. The song previews always work for me.

So bottom line, who knows why these people are having problems. But these are not the norm. You'd think that anyone who is trying to use the app and having those kinds of problems would reach out to the developer and ask how to resolve their issues. But no, they decide to post a negative review. I wonder why?
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 12-17-15 at 07:08 PM.
    moody, Just Me and miker476 like this.
    11-21-15 11:05 AM
    This app was just updated. Working well for me.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 12:11 PM
    I'm also a long-time 7 Digital user and recommender. I've purchased hundreds of songs from them with only an occasional minor issue.
    12-17-15 01:17 PM
    I don't always find what I'm looking for on 7 digital, I do on amazon which is why I go that route. In your case 7 digital sounds like the answer

Posted with my still awesome z30.
    Wrec likes this.
    12-17-15 01:24 PM

This.

While the quality is not as good as iTunes music, it is still nice to listen to if you not a audiophile

Posted via BlackBerry Leap OS 10.3.2.2339
    12-18-15 12:10 AM
    I use iomoio

http://www.iomoio.com

Full albums are $2-3

For example, Adele's new album (14 songs) costs $2.24

Each song is $.16 cents each.

 Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.2.2789 T-Mobile with Wi-Fi calling
    BerryRipe and glamrlama like this.
    12-18-15 08:04 AM
    Qobuz.com hi res audio download to your phone. Android app works fine from SNAP

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 08:32 AM
    Bandcamp
    12-18-15 04:00 PM
    This.

While the quality is not as good as iTunes music, it is still nice to listen to if you not a audiophile

Posted via BlackBerry Leap OS 10.3.2.2339
    Digital now offers flac files for some songs. Much better quality.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 09:32 PM
    Digital now offers flac files for some songs. Much better quality.

Posted via CB10
    While FLAC is actually a nice balance between size and quality, it doesn't always play on everything. Many people seems to like I though but personally I try to stick to iTunes .m4a or .AIFF

A Berry A Day Keeps The Apple Away
    12-18-15 11:05 PM
41 12