My passport got filled over time with all this junk data from various apps. The android ones have the Clear data option but how do I clean the BB10 apps? The phone has been running a bit slow lately and the browser experience is so bad I feel like screaming every time I use the browser. Have to touch a link several times to open it otherwise it keeps loading forever,some links don't open at all or take minutes to fully load even on 4G. This probably has nothing to do with all that data left behind, i'm about to do a full reinstall of the OS anyway, but for future reference how do I clean all that?
    How do I get rid of all this app data?-img_20160506_155550.png

Posted from BlackBerry Passport SE
    05-06-16 10:02 AM
    For the native apps, they usually have a "clear cache" feature. Just like CB10.

For android, I'm thinking delete and reinstall is the only way. This is the only way too for native apps that don't have clear cache feature.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-16 12:40 PM
    For the native apps, they usually have a "clear cache" feature. Just like CB10.

For android, I'm thinking delete and reinstall is the only way. This is the only way too for native apps that don't have clear cache feature.

Posted via CB10
    On my Passport not even CB10 has a "Clear cache" feature. Is that in the storage menu when you select the app you want to clear? mine just shows the statistics of the native apps. Only the android ones have the "Clear cache" thing.
    05-06-16 01:05 PM
    On my Passport not even CB10 has a "Clear cache" feature. Is that in the storage menu when you select the app you want to clear? mine just shows the statistics of the native apps.
    In the app, slide from the top, Settings > Cache Control. That's the way for a lot of native app.

That said, your issues can be related :

- to a full disk : you have to do something about it, move your camera photos/videos to your SD card, As your Download folder, erase some apps, etc...
    - to apps running in the background : check your permissions settings ("Run when minimized" and "Run in the background")
    - to a little of both.

And don't forget to hard reset your phone after changing the settings : keep pressing both the volume rockers until the BlackBerry logo is displayed. You won't erase your data, just clear the cache on the next reboot.
    Last edited by Joshu42; 05-07-16 at 01:43 AM.
    05-06-16 04:07 PM
    On my Passport not even CB10 has a "Clear cache" feature. Is that in the storage menu when you select the app you want to clear? mine just shows the statistics of the native apps. Only the android ones have the "Clear cache" thing.

IMG_20160507_021144.png

BlackBerry Passport Sliver Edition
    05-07-16 01:12 AM
    Remove the Apps if they don't have a clear option, but remember it's the Apps sand box, where all the database and settings for that app are stored

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 02:38 AM
    Go to the setting of the native app. Usually by swiping down from the top of the app. Here's CB app settings. As I said, some native apps will have this some will not. Depends on the developer of the app actually.

How do I get rid of all this app data?-img_20160507_190408.png

And oh, I didn't know that you can clear android apps on Settings. Thanks for that.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 06:06 AM
    Got it. I've spent a couple of years on Android and I used to clean the cache of all apps that way and I thought I could do the same with the BB10 apps. Shame they all have different ways to do it (if at all). Did a full reinstall last night and hopefully the browser will be less frustrating. I've tried Browsie Browser for a while but that used to freeze a lot so still frustrating. If we're still on the subject, can anyone recomand a fast and stable browser to replace the native one? I hear people praise it a lot but I just never had that. Mine seemed slow from day one.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 07:46 AM
    App Cache Cleaner.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 09:53 AM
    Got it. I've spent a couple of years on Android and I used to clean the cache of all apps that way and I thought I could do the same with the BB10 apps. Shame they all have different ways to do it (if at all). Did a full reinstall last night and hopefully the browser will be less frustrating. I've tried Browsie Browser for a while but that used to freeze a lot so still frustrating. If we're still on the subject, can anyone recomand a fast and stable browser to replace the native one? I hear people praise it a lot but I just never had that. Mine seemed slow from day one.

Posted via CB10
    For clearing the browser here's the fastest way I know. Clear history, cookies and other data.

But it only free up some data. Sometimes there's no difference after clearing it. OS reload is the only way then. but that's too overkill just to clear the data for me.

How do I get rid of all this app data?-img_20160508_011236.png

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 12:15 PM
    Unfortunately, you will have to delete many BlackBerry apps in order to free up the space taken by their cache files.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 12:32 PM