I have a Passport running 10.3.0.908 and I'm having a problem with Android apps. I close them like normal, but when I look in the Device Monitor under the Memory tab, it looks like they're still running and consuming memory. If I try to close them from Device Monitor, it says that they've been closed, but they stay in the list. After a few days my phone starts getting noticeably laggy, UI elements stutter, the picture password screen takes several seconds to appear, etc. as though I'm running low on memory. I assume BB10 is simply caching these apps like an Android device does, but on an Android device you can explicitly close apps and remove them from the cache. Is there any way to do this on BB10?
    10-29-14 04:00 PM
    I have a few apps that I've tried to close under Device Monitor (CPU) and they'll just come back.... Not sure how the permission works for running apps in the background, but seems like the "system" looks for these apps and restarts them.

But there are other apps and games that do go away and stay gone, think the key is in the permissions...
    kiomon likes this.
    10-29-14 04:12 PM
    I used this app in the early days to force close Android apps when I was paranoid but have not used it recently.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/23203885

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    mmccollow, R3d13 and bbmtna like this.
    10-29-14 04:51 PM
    This seems to do the trick, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 07:17 PM
    Thanks for suggesting TaskManager. I just tried it on a few Android apps by killing the tasks, but they reappear seconds later!

Do you know if this is a port of the Android app Taskmanager by ByteHamster on Play Store? Can we install and use that one instead? It's updated a lot more frequently.
    10-30-14 04:21 AM
    I had the same problem with torrent apps. The solution for me was to quit the app from the menu drop down within the app - basically, click the 3-dots within the android app and click quit.

If I just closed the app like I would any other BlackBerry App, it would just show up in device monitor and my battery would drain faster

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 08:04 AM

Do you know if this is a port of the Android app Taskmanager by ByteHamster on Play Store? Can we install and use that one instead? It's updated a lot more frequently.
    Not sure, but you're right, with the advent of Snap there may be better apps on the Play Store.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    10-30-14 09:26 AM
    I had the same problem with torrent apps. The solution for me was to quit the app from the menu drop down within the app - basically, click the 3-dots within the android app and click quit.

If I just closed the app like I would any other BlackBerry App, it would just show up in device monitor and my battery would drain faster

Posted via CB10
    That only works for android apps that have that option. Most don't. And there's no way -so far - to keep them closed.

Turning off the "run in background" option in permissions doesn't stop apps fro restarting either.

I have some apps that constantly restart themselves, and are all using data I've found checking my data usage. Not huge amounts, but this should be something you can curtail.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 09:47 AM