Hi,

I’m a Z30 user (earlier: Q10).

I’m struggling with „black screen settings problem”, so for time to time I need my OS to be completely reloaded. Every time my apps disappeared. I can reload my OS & install apps again. I'm wasting some time on it but I can live with that if it’s not 2 often.

But I’m worried about closing BlackBerry World. For example when it will be 02.02.2020 and „black screen settings problem” appeared I won’t have a chance to reinstall my apps.

What can I do to protect myself in the future. Is there any site with “.bar” files where I could download my favorite apps and store it on ma PC “just in case”? Or maybe I could “clone” my “Z30 HDD” somehow to switch it after OS reload (something u can easily do with your pc).

I’m not using many apps, just: Hide Photo, Browsie Browser, MAPS.ME, OsmAnd.

I don’t want to migrate to android :(.

Thx 4 help.
    Last edited by Thud Hardsmack; 10-21-19 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Filter evasion
    10-21-19 07:31 AM
    The best thing you can do is get rid of that "black screen settings problem" forever by downloading and installing the newest (and probably last) OS: https://mega.nz/#F!ERomDKaT!YYXwe5p2bUlm_4VW5VfTtw - just download the large Z30 zip file only, 2nd file from bottom of list.

Download the autoloader to a PC, unzip it, plug your Z30 into PC and run the autoloader. The autoloader WILL wipe your phone, however, and install the new firmware onto your device. You will then have NO problems with that blank screen.
    The best thing you can do is get rid of that "black screen settings problem" forever by downloading and installing the newest (and probably last) OS: https://mega.nz/#F!ERomDKaT!YYXwe5p2bUlm_4VW5VfTtw - just download the large Z30 zip file only, 2nd file from bottom of list.

Download the autoloader to a PC, unzip it, plug your Z30 into PC and run the autoloader. The autoloader WILL wipe your phone, however, and install the new firmware onto your device. You will then have NO problems with that blank screen.
    10-21-19 08:21 AM
    Once they close it... that's it, unless you are able to do a restore. Or if you can find your apps available for download from other sources - some developers are releasing their packages for sideloading (others left long ago and never will).

That said... at some point you'll have to move on. Why not bite the bullet?
    10-21-19 08:24 AM
    @brookie229

Thx Pal. I’ll download it and store it on my PC.

Now I’ve reinstalled everything on 2137 (before I’ve read You post) so I won’t install this new OS from autoloader. But I have to remember to do it before the end of the year .

I have one more question. Since there is a official (?) newer version of BB 10 OS 4 Z30 than 2137, why mu phone can’t see it? Why I must use autoloader than standard “Software Updates” option in my Z30?
    @Dunt Dunt Dunt

I know that someday I will have to switch to android. But I delay this day as much as I can.

There is also a financial factor. Motion, key one etc. are dramatically expensive in my country, even used. So the longer I wait, the greater the chance that I will buy cheaper one of above mentioned models .
    Last edited by Thud Hardsmack; 10-22-19 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Discussion of moderator activities
    10-22-19 03:27 AM
    @brookie229

Thx Pal. I’ll download it and store it on my PC.

Now I’ve reinstalled everything on 2137 (before I’ve read You post) so I won’t install this new OS from autoloader. But I have to remember to do it before the end of the year .

I have one more question. Since there is a official (?) newer version of BB 10 OS 4 Z30 than 2137, why mu phone can’t see it? Why I must use autoloader than standard “Software Updates” option in my Z30?
    @Dunt Dunt Dunt

I know that someday I will have to switch to android. But I delay this day as much as I can.

There is also a financial factor. Motion, key one etc. are dramatically expensive in my country, even used. So the longer I wait, the greater the chance that I will buy cheaper one of above mentioned models .
    You don't see the update because, for whatever reason, your carrier chose not to bother.

The KEYx and Motion devices are almost all sold out, and it doesn't look like there will ever be any more.
    10-22-19 08:35 AM
    You will then have NO problems with that blank screen.
    I disagree. I have had this happen to me even with the latest OS, I'm wondering if it isn't more of a hardware failure.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-19 05:07 PM
    Hi,

What can I do to protect myself in the future. Is there any site with “.bar” files where I could download my favorite apps and store it on ma PC “just in case”? Or maybe I could “clone” my “Z30 HDD” somehow to switch it after OS reload (something u can easily do with your pc).

I’m not using many apps, just: Hide Photo, Browsie Browser, MAPS.ME, OsmAnd.

I don’t want to migrate to android .

Thx 4 help.
    What you can do is use Darcy's BlackBerry Tools or Sachesi to create a backup of your apps, and then restore them if the blank screen happens again. This should continue to work as long as the BBID infrastructure remains erect.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-19 05:14 PM
    I disagree. I have had this happen to me even with the latest OS, I'm wondering if it isn't more of a hardware failure.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, after a bit of research I see that problems can still occur. At one point it was assumed that the software ONLY was the problem but now not so sure. I've seen other threads now with newer OS versions still having those blank setting problems.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-19 06:14 PM