It drives me nuts that the built in dictionary for Canadian English contains American-spelled words 'color', 'labor', etc. How do I remove them from the suggested words?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    06-25-15 12:52 PM
    settings/language and input/spell check/edit personal dictionary? not sure that works. try it
    06-25-15 04:34 PM
    You can't remove entries from the built-in dictionary, however you can add your desired spelling of words to the personal dictionary which should remedy the issue. To do this, navigate to Settings > Language and Input > Spell Check, tap Edit Personal Dictionary, and then configure as needed.
    ALToronto likes this.
    06-25-15 10:36 PM
    I was hoping I could remove words! I have added a lot of Canadian spelled words, but the American spelling is still the default for suggested words. Bummer.

06-26-15 06:44 AM
    I was hoping I could remove words! I have added a lot of Canadian spelled words, but the American spelling is still the default for suggested words. Bummer.

Perhaps change your language to UK English.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    06-26-15 04:18 PM
    It drives me nuts that the built in dictionary for Canadian English contains American-spelled words 'color', 'labor', etc. How do I remove them from the suggested words?

The first item is Language, the second item is Regional settings (currency, dates, etc). It's the Language that controls the dictionary. Use UK English.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2252
    06-26-15 04:22 PM
    Why aren't any entries in alphabetical order in the dictionary, or any order for that matter. It is the most frustrating thing I have ever come across. And if you edit something it jumps all the way to the top again after saving so I have to scroll forever when editing stuff. I use it quite a bit because of all the jargon and acronyms I use in my job. One of the nicest things is having a phone that learns well and allows you to edit and set preferences on the words and make shortcuts, but heaven forbid you have to find and edit a word. Yea you can search but sometimes I don't even know what to search because I don't know what it's added through its learning.

CB10 via Z30
    06-26-15 06:53 PM
    I have both UK and US English loaded, with UK as default. I don't know why US-spelled words are the first to show up in the suggested words row, since UK-spelled words aren't flagged as misspelled. What's more, Canadian English borrows some spelling rules from the US, such as z in realize, but the rest from UK. I wish for once, a Canadian company would put Canada first!

06-26-15 07:06 PM
    I have both UK and US English loaded, with UK as default. I don't know why US-spelled words are the first to show up in the suggested words row, since UK-spelled words aren't flagged as misspelled. What's more, Canadian English borrows some spelling rules from the US, such as z in realize, but the rest from UK. I wish for once, a Canadian company would put Canada first!

Well, perhaps we just know how to spell properly. :-D

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    06-26-15 07:16 PM
    Why aren't any entries in alphabetical order in the dictionary, or any order for that matter. It is the most frustrating thing I have ever come across. And if you edit something it jumps all the way to the top again after saving so I have to scroll forever when editing stuff. I use it quite a bit because of all the jargon and acronyms I use in my job. One of the nicest things is having a phone that learns well and allows you to edit and set preferences on the words and make shortcuts, but heaven forbid you have to find and edit a word. Yea you can search but sometimes I don't even know what to search because I don't know what it's added through its learning.

CB10 via Z30
    Which dictionary do you mean, and how do you access it? I can only get to the word substitutions, and edit the entries. I'd like to be able to get to the learned words list as well, and remove a few entries. I can only find how to delete the entire list, which I don't want to do.

06-26-15 07:28 PM