I am switching from an iPhone to a Blackberry Q10. I hate my smartphone addiction and think the Light Phone II texting sucks. So I am going all in on an old Blackberry. I'm all setup and ready to go but can't figure out how to do podcasts. That's my last and final hurdle. Anyone able to help with this?
    09-06-20 02:39 PM
    Bpod was the best app for that. It still works for some but a number of them don't download properly in that app any more. My other go to options are the aptly named "Podcasts" (native app) and Antennapod (Android app).

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    09-06-20 03:15 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!!!! Post early and post often.
    09-06-20 05:51 PM
    I use Nobex (which is a native BB10 app and still available and free in BB World). This does both streaming internet radio (which it does very well) and also allows you to subscribe to podcasts - which you can either stream or download for later offline listening.
    Shuswap likes this.
    09-07-20 08:08 AM
    I use Nobex (which is a native BB10 app and still available and free in BB World). This does both streaming internet radio (which it does very well) and also allows you to subscribe to podcasts - which you can either stream or download for later offline listening.
    I second Nobex. bPod was great until a little while ago. It still works for some podcasts, but it won't download others anymore (the Vergecast is one example).

Another option would be to get your podcasts on a laptop and set the podcast folders on the two devices to auto-sync when you connect by USB. Most people hate a USB tether these days though. It's not the most convenient thing.
    09-07-20 04:03 PM
    I second Nobex. bPod was great until a little while ago. It still works for some podcasts, but it won't download others anymore (the Vergecast is one example).

Another option would be to get your podcasts on a laptop and set the podcast folders on the two devices to auto-sync when you connect by USB. Most people hate a USB tether these days though. It's not the most convenient thing.
    I find Nobex a bit spotty too,similar to Bpod especially for downloads. but yes, it's another option. You (OP or whomever wants podcasts on BB10) will likely have to try and potentially even use a couple of options.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-20 05:20 PM
    Is it still possible to add new podcasts to Nobex? I feel like you can only subscribe to podcasts already in its register.

bPod has been a great solution for me until problems recently with streaming. I've been unable to download for a while and just streamed instead. Not a big deal with modern data plans and speed when dealing with audio files. But if I can't stream either I'm stuck.

bPod also has the best means of adding podcasts. Awesome! I think my favorite developer wrote it. Codename Cellninja if not mistaken about author.

I might try Podcasts again. That was the one I started with 7 or so years ago when BB10 was brand new and apps were few and far between.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-21 10:13 AM
    I had problems using Podcasts app also.

So I restarted the Passport. Now bPod is working like it's supposed to except for downloads which I don't really need. I might experiment with Podcasts app some more.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-21 10:36 AM