Is there any way to copy .BAR files from a device and save them on a computer? Using Sachesi, I can see what .BAR files are installed, but would like to store them locally, especially the BlackBerry World installed programs, locally to facilitate reloading a device and avoid download waits and data usage.

If it is not possible to do this directly, can they be extracted from a back-up file/database?

Thank you.
    12-02-14 08:47 PM
    You can d/l the OS and extract all bars from it , but not from your device.
    Darcy tool will extract the bar file for you.
    12-02-14 08:49 PM
    So it can not be done, then: Once installed .BAR files cannot be copied from device to computer, only deleted, or overwritten. Got it. I was worried that this might be the case.

Thank you
    12-02-14 09:15 PM
    So it can not be done, then: Once installed .BAR files cannot be copied from device to computer, only deleted, or overwritten. Got it. I was worried that this might be the case.

Thank you
    12-02-14 09:15 PM
    It depends if the app was signed or not.
    If it was installed with a debug token, you can still get the .bar file back.

If it was installed from BBWorld, you can just grab the .bar from there.
    12-03-14 03:34 AM
    Why not back up with Link?
    You can load a newer leak in the future and reload selected apps...

I've done this with one specific game (Drag Racing Bike Edition) a couple of times now...not only saves download data usage but also saves game progress!

Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.1154
    Mecca EL and bungaboy like this.
    12-04-14 12:36 PM

I've done this with one specific game (Drag Racing Bike Edition) a couple of times now...not only saves download data usage but also saves game progress!
    That doesn't give you the .bar. I'm guessing he uploaded a signed .bar to his phone from Momentics but damaged/lost the source code and wants the .bar back.
    12-04-14 01:47 PM
    Can anyone please tell where I can find some instructions on how to use that tool?

I tried to provide my BBID, but I got the message "Authorization token is too short.".
    Also the name of app does not work as "Application ID".

I would really like to use this tool, any I appreciate any help! Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 02:09 PM
    12-04-14 04:55 PM
    That link really doesn't help.

I enter my "Authorization (BBID) *" which I assume is the id that I use to login to BlackBerry World. But it tells me that that "Authorization token is too short."

What do I do now? I'm trying to download the bar for BQUIET which I paid for. I have to reinstall every time that I reboot my phone or update the os. And get tired of having to redownload it each time.

Posted by a Proud NRA Supporter!
    12-04-14 07:03 PM
    It depends if the app was signed or not.
    If it was installed with a debug token, you can still get the .bar file back.

Can't seem to make it work for me. Even when I put the info right. What step am I missing, I've tried with and without BBID and always end up not being able to retrieve any app I need.

Posted via CB10 from my Iron Man Edition Z10 // Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.3.1.1133
    12-05-14 02:07 PM
    Can't seem to make it work for me. Even when I put the info right. What step am I missing, I've tried with and without BBID and always end up not being able to retrieve any app I need.
    That's not your BBID. I changed the naming to clarify. Instructions are at bottom of page.
    bungaboy and Cranky like this.
    12-05-14 04:52 PM
    That's not your BBID. I changed the naming to clarify. Instructions are at bottom of page.
    I know that. But, my phone doesn't recognize the proxy configuration. It just won't have access to Internet with whatever proxy and port I try. It's being a Woman, it just won't do what I want lol

12-05-14 10:09 PM
    Thanks for the instructions from the other thread, I'm just confused with the proxy address. The Burp Proxy interface has a default set to 127.0.0.1 : 8080 but you mention that it should be the wifi ip. When I try to edit the interface ip, it's limited to certain addresses in a drop down menu. So I'm not sure what ip to use when adding proxy to the phone wifi connection settings, any help?

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 07:26 AM

Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.1154
    If Link was gradient enough to allow app restore without the app data, it would be a much more viable solution.
    12-06-14 08:13 AM
    Thanks for the instructions from the other thread, I'm just confused with the proxy address. The Burp Proxy interface has a default set to 127.0.0.1 : 8080 but you mention that it should be the wifi ip. When I try to edit the interface ip, it's limited to certain addresses in a drop down menu. So I'm not sure what ip to use when adding proxy to the phone wifi connection settings, any help?
    Your wifi ip can be discovered in a number of places. The drop down like you mention, also in the 'Details' of your network interface and in 'ipconfig' in a command prompt.
    12-06-14 08:12 PM
    Thanks for your help xsacha
    12-07-14 05:10 PM
    Your wifi ip can be discovered in a number of places. The drop down like you mention, also in the 'Details' of your network interface and in 'ipconfig' in a command prompt.
    The site is down right? I'm guessing it won't be up again?...

12-08-14 12:15 AM
    I think that's correct. @Chriz

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 12:18 AM
    The site is down right? I'm guessing it won't be up again?...
    It might come up again, it depends.

Though, you don't need that site. All it did was restrict you from getting paid apps. It's actually just as easy to use the official site yourself.
    12-08-14 02:53 AM
    It might come up again, it depends.

Though, you don't need that site. All it did was restrict you from getting paid apps. It's actually just as easy to use the official site yourself.
    Me know that... but I have no knowledge of this... I'm one of those end users who need the learning wheels. I just figured out myself how to get the auth token successfully and then the site goes down. I felt heartbroken lol at least I wanted to try it one time just for the fun of it.

12-08-14 09:59 AM