I uninstalled the Truephone VOIP app from my phone a couple months ago. I get a notification every day to update my password for truephone under the notifications tab but the app is long gone. I re-installed and uninstalled it but nothing has changed. I cannot find the app listed under the app manager/ device manager. Any suggestions?
    03-12-15 08:32 AM
    03-12-15 08:38 AM
    1- How was it installed?

A: From an APK directly downloaded from the internet?

B: Or from an App store like Amazon App Store/1mobile market / Google Play?

2- And how did you uninstall it?

A: Did you do it directly from your BlackBerry screen?

B: Or within a App Store?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 08:50 AM
    I haven't contacted Truphone directly yet. I figured someone might have a suggestion using Ghost Commander or some other deletion method. The app was downloaded directly from Blackberry World.
    03-14-15 01:41 AM
    Have you restored from a backup since installing the app... or since deleting the app?

I don't know all of the details, but there a bug not all that long ago where deleting an app didn't delete whatever was needed by the OS to provide some sort of notification functionality. So then, (and here's where I probably have the specifics wrong) I *think* if you deleted the app, backed up, and then resorted that backup, you were pretty much screwed... because whatever was left over was there to stay. I think you had to restore a backup from when the app was installed, then update the OS and *then* uninstall it... but again, I might have the details wrong.

There were some threads regarding this where people were complaining about getting that notification that their password was incorrect for certain apps. The majority of the people still had the apps installed, but for some, including me, we were getting it for apps that we had deleted. I was getting about 8 of them once a day, so it was hard to notice one of the apps wasn't even on my device anymore.

I could be wrong, but I think it'll that bug is what you're experiencing. You might search to see if it was ever fixed. I ended up wiping my device and starting over for different reasons. So it got fixed for me in the process.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 02:54 AM
    Use ghost commander

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 09:11 PM