My company just changed all our email addresses to a new domain. I'm using ActiveSync to get emails on my Z30.

When I go into the account setting, I can change all fields: domain, username, password, server address, port, etc. But the one field that it will not let me change is "Email Address". The keyboard doesn't up and there is no cursor, the equivalent to a greyed out text box in Windows.

I'm afraid to delete the account because I believe it will delete the emails, calendar entries, etc associated with this account. Is this not editable?
    08-11-14 09:14 AM
    My company just changed all our email addresses to a new domain. I'm using ActiveSync to get emails on my Z30.

When I go into the account setting, I can change all fields: domain, username, password, server address, port, etc. But the one field that it will not let me change is "Email Address". The keyboard doesn't up and there is no cursor, the equivalent to a greyed out text box in Windows.

I'm afraid to delete the account because I believe it will delete the emails, calendar entries, etc associated with this account. Is this not editable?
    You should be safe to delete the current account. You're not deleting anything on the company server, only deleting access to it from your device. A call to your IT support should confirm this. I just went through the same thing when my company moved from having our own server to an Office365 hosted server.

Delete the current account, add the new one.
    Just add another account

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 09:25 AM
    Just add another account

Posted via CB10
    And leave the existing as a "dummy" account? I guess I could do that, but it seems like a pretty inelegant method of changing the email address. If our email/domain changed again, I would have to leave two dummy accounts in perpetuity?

This can't possibly be Blackberry's official stance.
    08-11-14 09:58 AM

You should be safe to delete the current account. You're not deleting anything on the company server, only deleting access to it from your device. A call to your IT support should confirm this. I just went through the same thing when my company moved from having our own server to an Office365 hosted server.

08-11-14 10:13 AM

I agree. We did the same thing a couple of months ago.

Just delete the account from the phone - it will not affect the main email server, or your emails, contacts, or calendar information.

Re-add the account with the new email address. Wait a while, and the phone should re-populate everything.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 12:38 PM
    Thanks for the help.

The message "Any messages, contacts, or calendar items associated with this account will be removed from your device" gave me the impression I would lose data.
    08-11-14 04:28 PM
    Glad to help. And yes, it's better to clarify before than after!
    08-11-14 04:51 PM