OP: how do I associate my photo with my text?

UPDATE: I looked at my friends phone and notice that a different phone number is showing for mine except it isn't my number.

I have Republic Wireless which is similar to Googles Project Fi. RW is configured for certain phones and my Nexus 6 is one of them. But I wanted to use my Passport again so put the sim in it.

Everything works except anytime I reboot an odd text comes thru with only characters in it. Anyway I'm going to put the sim back into the Nexus 6 and see if that bogus number shows up in my friends phone for my number. They can call me using my true number and it comes through.

So, I added that odd number to my contact in my friends phone and magically my picture that they added to my contact spears on their phone on my text to them. My friend has a Nexus 6 running on Project Fi fwiw.

I'm adding a pic of the odd text below.
    Last edited by mawil1013; 01-25-17 at 07:48 AM.
    01-24-17 11:15 AM
    how do I associate my photo with my text
    You can't directly but I believe if you set yourself up as a contact and add a picture of yourself to your contact, it will show up on the device that you are texting to but you won't see it
    in your text!

Does that make any sense? I mean, you'd think you'd be able to add your own photo but if you've been following how mobile devices on all platforms have progressed,
    you'll know that none have got it down perfectly as of yet.
    But then, perhaps they want you to use special texting apps that offer more that just the default texting.
    I don't know!
    Coincidence or did they do it on purpose??

01-24-17 11:46 AM
    more information please... are you referring to SMS text messaging? If so, I don't believe contacts appear that way within an actual discussion.
    01-24-17 11:47 AM
    more information please... are you referring to SMS text messaging? If so, I don't believe contacts appear that way within an actual discussion.
    I think u misunderstand my question. When I get text from a friend, I see the picture, of them that I have associated with their contact, in Contacts. But, the pic of myself which is associated to my telephone entry in my contacts isn't seen by them.
    01-24-17 05:26 PM
    I think u misunderstand my question. When I get text from a friend, I see the picture, of them that I have associated with their contact, in Contacts. But, the pic of myself which is associated to my telephone entry in my contacts isn't seen by them.
    You've sort of answered your own question

You see your friends picture because YOU have it associated with them in YOUR contact.

For them to see your picture. They would have to have it associated with your entry in their phone contacts.
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    01-24-17 05:58 PM
    You've sort of answered your own question

You see your friends picture because YOU have it associated with them in YOUR contact.

For them to see your picture. They would have to have it associated with your entry in their phone contacts.
    There is one of me in their contacts.
    01-24-17 08:22 PM
    Have they attempted a reboot of the device?
    01-24-17 08:55 PM
    As I'm understanding this you are acting as the middle man for your friend(s). Perhaps you should get them to join CB so that they can ask and troubleshoot their problem since you can't ask or answer their specific questions on their behalf. Maybe your friend(s) questions could be answered and they may learn how to operate their phone better on CB.

Posted via CB10
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    01-24-17 10:17 PM
    Do we know what devices we are talking about? I understand OP is likely using a BB10 device, but are the friends also using BB10? Hard to troubleshoot without knowing all the facts. OP, provide some more info on what phone they are using and whether they have updated their contact for all of your details. They could have you as a contact but not necessarily all the different detail associated with you. That is, suppose their contact for you only contains your twitter handle, or your home phone. If your cell phone isn't captured, then your picture may not be reflected as a result.
    01-25-17 12:31 AM
    Have they attempted a reboot of the device?
    Yep.
    01-25-17 07:06 AM
    As I'm understanding this you are acting as the middle man for your friend(s). Perhaps you should get them to join CB so that they can ask and troubleshoot their problem since you can't ask or answer their specific questions on their behalf. Maybe your friend(s) questions could be answered and they may learn how to operate their phone better on CB.

Posted via CB10
    What?!
    01-25-17 07:07 AM
    This is the strange text I get when restarting my BlackBerry Passport on cellular service called Republic Wireless.
    Attached Thumbnails how do I associate my photo with my text-img_20170125_074730.jpg  
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    01-25-17 07:50 AM
    Yep.
    What I mean is the problem is on their end not yours. They should be here asking to fix their problem in order to address the issue properly.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-17 01:24 PM
    This is the strange text I get when restarting my BlackBerry Passport on cellular service called Republic Wireless.
    Nothing at all strange about it.
    It's say: " If you've got nothing to hide, You've got nothing to fear." (your friends at Homeland Security)
    01-26-17 05:56 PM