Tried using Parental Controls recently to see how it would work for allowing my son to play a game without messing up other settings or accessing other content. After turning Parental Controls off, I can no longer access BBM, the Browser, or BlackBerry World. I've tried everything and finally managed to get BlackBerry World accessible again but still cannot access BBM. I even tried installing again from BB World only to get an error. I've tried doing both a soft and hard reset, turning Parental Controls back on and off again with the missing apps enabled with little or no success.

How can BlackBerry expect to compete and survive when they keep pumping out such incomplete and untested apps and features? And this is just one of many issues I've been experiencing. I am so frustrated and disappointed with what seems like very poor quality control from BlackBerry.
    10-08-14 11:34 AM
    Welcome to the forums!

Sorry you had issues but let me state: This is NOT the standard. You're having issues. Parental Controls does not behave like that.

Turn Parental Controls off, turn Airplane mode on and disable your password. Hold the top buttom till you see the BlackBerry boot screen - do not tap reboot, just hold the buttom.

After that, set your password back, disable airplane mode and see if your device is back to normal.
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    10-08-14 11:38 AM
    I have the same problem, except I'm trying to lock the browser but it doesn't lock.
    I tried the above mentioned process but it didn't help? Any ideas?

Thanx

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 02:37 PM