Hello all. Strange question from Z30 user, isn't?
    Let's talk straight. I'm Bbos user maybe only second year now, so bbm is just nothing to me. All my work colleges, friends, family and even bb users uses Viber, Skype, what's up, etc. That bbm uses my Internet data, even if I don't have any bbm users and channels listed. Maybe bbm shop refreshes? I don't know and don't want to. Bbm uses 70-100MB of ram, even if it's not in use
    I know, it's not wasted, but do I need it?
    Can I disable, freeze, delete it, like on Android?
    Thanks for your collaboration.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    07-09-15 04:23 PM
    no you can't
    cukierkas likes this.
    07-09-15 04:28 PM
    Bbos is not bb10.
    Second of all no you can't disable BBM
    I don't see an issue if you don't use it, don't use it
    Get a non BlackBerry if you hate it so much
    �\_(ツ)_/�

Via CB10 Runnin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    cukierkas likes this.
    07-09-15 04:29 PM
    No, I'm not hating it, I'm just not using it.
    That's different.
    On Android I used to freeze or delete all bloatware. Thinking of doing it on bb10. Sadly I can't.

My point of view is very simple, not to carry around the stuff I don't need.

07-09-15 04:37 PM
    Hello all. Strange question from Z30 user, isn't?
    Let's talk straight. I'm Bbos user maybe only second year now, so bbm is just nothing to me. All my work colleges, friends, family and even bb users uses Viber, Skype, what's up, etc. That bbm uses my Internet data, even if I don't have any bbm users and channels listed. Maybe bbm shop refreshes? I don't know and don't want to. Bbm uses 70-100MB of ram, even if it's not in use
    I know, it's not wasted, but do I need it?
    Can I disable, freeze, delete it, like on Android?
    Thanks for your collaboration.

I think the only way would be to reset your device (Reload OS in BlackBerry Link / Autoloader / etc) and then re-setup the phone without launching BBM after you've setup your BlackBerry ID. I would think that would do it. If you've already opened BBM I don't think you could do a restore from a backup without re-enabling it.

EDIT: In theory, you could remove BBM using the Sachesi tool. Never tried it, could totally break your phone, but if it means that much to you to get that 70-100mb of RAM, might be worth a shot. Just make sure you do a full successful backup before experimenting or it's on you, lol.
    cukierkas likes this.
    07-09-15 04:43 PM
    I think the only way would be to reset your device (Reload OS in BlackBerry Link / Autoloader / etc) and then re-setup the phone without launching BBM after you've setup your BlackBerry ID.
    I can confirm this. After only one contact that uses BBM left, I did exactly this last time used autoloader (destructive). Just checked, data consumption for both LTE and WiFI for last 2 weeks or so is about 250 KB, and memory footprint is not noticeable (2-3 Mb still being used)
    anon(9353145) and cukierkas like this.
    07-09-15 05:41 PM
    You can disable BBM in Parental Controls.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 06:02 PM
    As mentioned first open bbm and go into settings and close down everything you can then go into parental controls and shut it down. Did this myself as I don't use it but it runs in the background using power and slowly accumulating data.
    cukierkas likes this.
    07-10-15 09:15 AM