I recently received an email from someone I've done business with recently asking me to fill in some documents online. Quite convincing email, but it still raised my suspicions so I checked the email address which was Hotmail so I looked at the same email in MS Outlook which feature a hover option which exposes the underlying web address and proved it was spam.

Does or will OS10 offer a similar feature?

What would happen if you opened such a link, download and/or open an attachment or just visit the site? There is a lot of posts on CB about security, but I don't see these most basic issues addressed.

Z30)++
    08-22-14 01:54 PM
    Most likely if you clicked the link, there would have been a form to fill out.... and your info is compromised due to YOUR being fooled.

If there were malicious code.. most likely it would have been written for IE and the BB Browser would have not been affected.

I do wish there was a way to look more at the properties of an email message in BB10. But simply we are the weak point when it comes to security. Unless you know differently, I don't think any other platform could protect you from this type of "attack".
    08-22-14 02:19 PM
    Hence my request in the suggestions thread for a method to examine full headers for each article of email.
    08-22-14 03:25 PM
    Ability to look at headers would help, but still exposes the average user to spam.

Z30)++
    08-22-14 09:56 PM