Hi all, i'm about to reformat my blackberry Q10 to refresh everything (except my memory card).

May I have the following questions before doing so:

1) I want to like COMPLETELY reformat everything in my phone. Like to original settings and all that jazz. Is there a unique way of doing that? Does factory reset within the phone settings enough? Or will it just semi-format my phone? Do I need to like use BlackBerry link instead for the full reset or reload of OS? I would like it to like reload everything to make sure everything's clean.

2) I'm currently in the officiall 10.3.1.1565 os version. If I reformat my phone, will it be on the same OS? Or downgraded to whatever it is when I bought it? Hopefully it would be on the latest

3) I have a 64GB micro sd. I read somewhere that when I reformat my phone, if the mmc is encrypted, my phone won't be able to recognize it thus needing to reformat my mmc which I would not like. But then I went on to the storage and I don't see anywhere that states that my mmc is encrypted, nor any options at all to decrypt or encrypt my mmc. Is there anything rhat may help me how to go about knowing?

I guess that is some of my questions before proceeding to do so.

Thanks all for the help.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 03:00 AM
    Use SIC Multiwipe or SIC Wipe n Load
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=909209

It wipes your device 5 times than usual. Faster than a security wipe. Multiwipe just wipe your device then the rest is up to you. Be it autoloader or other method like blitz thingy.

Wipe n Load wipes your device then load the OS you like. Make sure you include the required signed files (os.signed, radio.signed and ifs.signed). Put all those files sic.exe, cfp.exe then signed files in a single folder.

Check the link for more detailed info. Hope that helps!

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    popengchan likes this.
    02-25-15 03:09 AM
    Use SIC Multiwipe or SIC Wipe n Load
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=909209

It wipes your device 5 times than usual. Faster than a security wipe. Multiwipe just wipe your device then the rest is up to you. Be it autoloader or other method like blitz thingy.

Wipe n Load wipes your device then load the OS you like. Make sure you include the required signed files (os.signed, radio.signed and ifs.signed). Put all those files sic.exe, cfp.exe then signed files in a single folder.

Check the link for more detailed info. Hope that helps!

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    Really appreciate this way. But I think I'm opting for the more official or BlackBerry way of reformatting my device. Either by link or by the settings within the phone. To which I do not know what the difference may be. Reason is that I do not know much about autoloaders, or what not.

Anyway thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 03:18 AM
    Really appreciate this way. But I think I'm opting for the more official or BlackBerry way of reformatting my device. Either by link or by the settings within the phone. To which I do not know what the difference may be. Reason is that I do not know much about autoloaders, or what not.

Anyway thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Posted via CB10
    Setting -security-security wipe

It will stay on your current Os and won't erase your data on memory card
    popengchan likes this.
    02-25-15 03:23 AM
    You can use the BB Security Wipe to accomplish this.
    System Settings | Security and Privacy | Security Wipe

Now first things first!
    - Decrypt your card
    - Back everything up / sure you can remove the card
    - Backup to your PC/Mac (worth repeating)
    You may be returned to the OS installed with your device initially (or current) but not to worry, your device will update (OTA) if your provider had pushed this out before along with any current updates.

Now you can Wipe
    How to completely reformat a BlackBerry 10 phone-img_20150225_041452.png

After all is settled you can always re-encrypt your card.
    popengchan likes this.
    02-25-15 03:25 AM