Hi all,

I recently had storage problems with my Q10: I had too little free storage left (less than 10% makes the device lag in my experience) so I proceeded to delete all the applications I didn't use and still I couldn't get more than 10% of free storage.
    So I compared each application size in the device monitor between my Z10 and my Q10: I noticed that for a same given application, the storage size could vary enormously. For example, twitter was 200 MB+ on my q10 and only 60 on my Z10. After deleting and reinstalling Twitter, it was only about 8 MB so I guess it's some kind of cache.
    So, does anyone know of any way of deleting an application's data? If I could do that for each one periodically, it would really help free up my storage.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 10:09 AM
    What about CCleaner? Did you give a try for it.? It's just an Android app, download it and try to erase the cache. I hope it'll helps...

Posted via My Lovely Z30
    06-25-16 12:36 PM
    I believe in Application Manager, you can open the storage tab, where you will find the list of application installed in your bb10 device.
    Tap the application, and it will open the page where you can look the detail for that apps, how much power it uses, how much data it uses. There reside a button to delete data. But be carefull, game with saved progress will be losing the progress when it's data deleted, the same goes to apps with account, such as Instagram, Twitter, you will have to log in back after deleting the data. But at least, something was cleared.
    i've been doing this quiet long to maintain my Z10 speed and it still doing great so far.

BlackBerry Z10/STL-001/Bb10.4.1.1143
    06-25-16 12:48 PM
    I believe in Application Manager, you can open the storage tab, where you will find the list of application installed in your bb10 device.
    Tap the application, and it will open the page where you can look the detail for that apps, how much power it uses, how much data it uses. There reside a button to delete data. But be carefull, game with saved progress will be losing the progress when it's data deleted, the same goes to apps with account, such as Instagram, Twitter, you will have to log in back after deleting the data. But at least, something was cleared.
    i've been doing this quiet long to maintain my Z10 speed and it still doing great so far.

That's only for Android Apps, native Apps need the devs to implement one in App.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 01:03 PM
    Not necessarily, there is some non-android apps do have the button for clearing the data.

Example:
    How to clear app data ?-img_20160626_033532.png

This apps is from BlackBerry World.

06-25-16 02:37 PM
    Not necessarily, there is some non-android apps do have the button for clearing the data.

Example:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160626_033532.png 
Views:	224 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	402887

This apps is from BlackBerry World.

You do know there are Android Apps on BlackBerry world?
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    06-25-16 03:43 PM

Nice one! This seems to work. I'll definitely use this.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 04:51 PM
    Ghost commander.
    Available in BlackBerry world.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 09:01 PM