I'm in the process of changing my email address and I want to change the blackberry id to an existing one I used with my old 9900.

When I change the email address of the BlackBerry id on settings it says that the address is already registered.

Do I need to wipe the device to set it up with the new BlackBerry id?

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 03:51 AM
    If you are going to change the BB ID, you have to do security wipe because once you entered the BB ID you can't change it anymore.
    But you must do back up first for you to avoid loosing important files.
    12-14-15 04:35 AM
    I'm in the process of changing my email address and I want to change the blackberry id to an existing one I used with my old 9900.

When I change the email address of the BlackBerry id on settings it says that the address is already registered.

Do I need to wipe the device to set it up with the new BlackBerry id?

Posted via CB10
    An email address can only be associated with one BBID at a time. If you are trying to use your old BBID that, for example has an email address oldid@mail.com buy changing the associated email address to the new one by changing it to newid@mail.com you will end up with newid@mail.com associated with two different BBIDs. This is an error. I have never tried this, so I don't know if it will work, but you could try changing the email associated with the newer BBID to a third email address, create a Google or other address. Then try to change the email on the older BBID to newid@mail.com (in the example).

However when you are doing this it is very important that you ensure you can receive email at the associated address or you will loose control of the BBID.
    12-14-15 11:19 AM