Not sure if there is any way to help promote BB10. I know people my age and definitely older tend to not give give a rat's behind what phone anyone is using as it is pretty much understood that you are using the phone that you want to use. I think that all of this "hey check out my phone", "what phone is that", and so on is something the younger generation does. And to be frank, the kids are too cool for BB10.

Honestly, I think BlackBerry needs to sit down and figure their stuff out. They need to once and for all clearly state what BB10 is good at and why that matters to you. "High security", what does that even mean? It's not defined and Chen has certainly not defined it, either, but he loves to say it. To me it sounds like black ops spy mission type of stuff but I know that is not the case.

Microsoft's app situation is even worse than BB10s right now if you include Amazon App. But hey, the new MS CEO said he would give the fanbois a phone just for them and wala, he delivered with the 950/950 XL. Their marketshare is only slightly better than BBs and look what WinPhone fanbois got. What do we get? Android? Also, even they are losing devs left and right but the universal FB app and FB Messenger app are coming to W10 Phone. So has the real deal Twitter, Netflix, Uber, and Instagram is currently in beta. SnapChat, however, is a no go. Were these not the same apps that many around these parts were moaning about not having two years ago? Maybe if BlackBerry insisted on making a couple more normal devices (no square screen, no pkb) with high end specs and if Chen stayed the course with BB10 we'd be in a similar position now with apps, too.

Perhaps with the "success" of the Priv they finally figured out the basics of marketing?
    mustangh2o likes this.
    11-21-15 10:07 PM
    And to be frank, the kids are too cool for BB10
    Could you help on this one? What means too cool for BB10?
    11-25-15 12:05 PM
    Buy a Priv and embrace that BlackBerry is not in the cemetery with Palm.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 12:12 PM
    Buy a Priv and embrace that BlackBerry is not in the cemetery with Palm.
    How about embrancing that BB10 is not yet in the cemetery and there still is time to do something about it?
    Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 12:32 PM
    Exactly what to do? BlackBerry is doing the right thing going Android. There's no reason to put good money after bad. Put a fork in BB10.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 07:07 PM
    I find the BB typing thing overrated. Is it om but its highlight is a different one for me. The swype plus google keyboard on Android is better, way faster compared to anything bb has. At least to me. Yeah i mean, I could ask ijn return for people what's the use of a root if most of the things are so smooth and so well integrated. Sometimes Android is like a Mickey Mouse cartoon, still puzzled how can it get so much traction. Is Google pays them well, the devs?
    For me and my mum, it's not about being faster on a BlackBerry PKB (we are pretty slow typists on whatever keyboard lol) but the feeling of the physical keys is just beyond awesome which also helps us be very, very accurate. And that, in our opinion, is the power of BlackBerry typing. (although I was pretty accurate on my Pre 3 PKB as well in the past)

That, and BB's highly underrated but extremely helpful and awesome word substitution feature which really helps us type faster in a few cases but also helps with correcting common mistakes not covered by auto correct.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 12:58 AM
    I think that all of this "hey check out my phone", "what phone is that", and so on is something the younger generation does. And to be frank, the kids are too cool for BB10.
    I was asked about my Passport by a 14-yr-old recently. "I just like phones." The Peek and Pinch gestures blew him away -- his eyes popped, and he got this big smile. I also showed him my Bold, and he was similarly surprised and pleased. The thing he really liked on both phones..? "It's so cool the way the keys are sculpted!"

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    11-26-15 10:17 AM
    Bottom line is its not our jobs. If the guy running the show doesn't realize what he has and decides it's not worth saving we are out of luck and an awesome OS.
    The truth and a sad one at that.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 11:10 AM
    Bottom line is its not our jobs. If the guy running the show doesn't realize what he has and decides it's not worth saving we are out of luck and an awesome OS.
    The truth and a sad one at that.

Posted via CB10
    Well if is not our jobs what are we doing on theses forums then? I guess we should all leave because ''it is not our jobs?'' Also whenever good things happened because it was someone's job to do it ? Most of them happened because of the community and people involved?
    Last edited by danifulger; 01-06-16 at 06:24 PM.
    12-01-15 10:37 AM
    People tend to follow the masses ecosystems.
    Fixed it for you.
    12-03-15 05:52 PM
    U can apply for Chens position .

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 06:13 PM
    So far we have some plastic carrying bags with BB logo and motto on it, what else?
    Last edited by danifulger; 12-07-15 at 10:33 AM. Reason: edit
    12-07-15 10:31 AM
    Creating social media accounts as a community, with interesting pictures, videos etc... and every member of community can share to his list. We can start sharing to John Chen.

Posted via CB10
    danifulger likes this.
    12-07-15 12:31 PM
    Creating social media accounts as a community, with interesting pictures, videos etc... and every member of community can share to his list. We can start sharing to John Chen.

Posted via CB10
    I'll have to login to Android phone to access functioning versions of social media apps.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 02:20 PM
    I'll have to login to Android phone to access functioning versions of social media apps.

Posted via CB10
    How is that? I don't own an Android phone and I am still able to use social media... I do everything from my extraordinary Z10.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 03:50 PM
    Because a few social media apps don't exist for 1mobile or Amazon based app store. Other Android ports won't open properly because of Android runtime being older version. Lastly native social media apps pretty old and don't always load properly ie Facebook and LinkedIn.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 04:02 PM
    Another reason to start learning code?
    12-08-15 09:07 AM
    I agree.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 03:50 PM
    Could you help on this one? What means too cool for BB10?
    It means that BlackBerry's are the phones that *your* parents use[d].
    12-09-15 12:47 AM
    Because a few social media apps don't exist for 1mobile or Amazon based app store. Other Android ports won't open properly because of Android runtime being older version. Lastly native social media apps pretty old and don't always load properly ie Facebook and LinkedIn.

Posted via CB10
    The ported apps and apps I got from Amazon work fine, but none are extensive by any means. I do have to say that the Facebook app is painful. The "native" Twitter app I can deal with but man, the FB app is downright a joke and this is coming from someone who uses FB only sparingly.
    12-09-15 12:52 AM
    Another reason to start learning code?
    From experience most people can learn the basics but less than one in ten will get beyond the trivial. Great coders love to code.
    danifulger likes this.
    12-09-15 12:55 AM
    Put a fork in BB10.
    wait a minute ! why put a fork on it?? Ha ? the thing is there is no shop even in Canada for promoting this models and does'nt really matter if it is a Blackberry BB 10OS or the Priv ... If I am unable to see touch and feel a device use it play with it , How i will buy it , and Second I wanna see it first in shop and do all the higher said before i by it from the internet or from this particular shop.
    If those devices are not in the windows of shops I am sorry but we cannot do anything we can to promote it or make people buy it as long as they are not seeeen in the market !!!

If in a country of 38 milion people I am not able to find a device Blackberry unlocked , then android also want be a hit !!
    Even my device i bought it from my good friend , in Europe its imposible to easily find a new unlocked blackberry whatever it is android or BB 10 OS!!!! Blackberry do something!
    P.S. ios company giving out stickers to stick in car or wherever you want with new aple devices ... BB doesnt!!!
    12-09-15 03:12 AM
    but man, the FB app is downright a joke and this is coming from someone who uses FB only sparingly.
    well i use it also but I was loging in just some times .... I prefer the browser fb , why you guys not using the browser fb??
    second : Go now and leave a 1 star review in adroids or BB 10 OS play store or BB world and explain them why 1 star rated!
    12-09-15 03:16 AM
    Be positive without being pushy. BlackBerry still has to make the phones.

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin 10.3.2.2639 on AT&T
    12-09-15 03:47 AM
    wait a minute ! why put a fork on it?? Ha ? the thing is there is no shop even in Canada for promoting this models and does'nt really matter if it is a Blackberry BB 10OS or the Priv ... If I am unable to see touch and feel a device use it play with it , How i will buy it , and Second I wanna see it first in shop and do all the higher said before i by it from the internet or from this particular shop.
    If those devices are not in the windows of shops I am sorry but we cannot do anything we can to promote it or make people buy it as long as they are not seeeen in the market !!!

If in a country of 38 milion people I am not able to find a device Blackberry unlocked , then android also want be a hit !!
    Even my device i bought it from my good friend , in Europe its imposible to easily find a new unlocked blackberry whatever it is android or BB 10 OS!!!! Blackberry do something!
    P.S. ios company giving out stickers to stick in car or wherever you want with new aple devices ... BB doesnt!!!
    I agree with that. I will upgrade to the Passport possibly in January. I found one black Passport in the Netherlands but I am going for the Silver Edition. I want to touch it, play with it before I make a decision but I couldn't find it in a any store. In 2 weeks I'll be in Germany and I hope I will find it over there. When I will be back in Romania I don't think there's any chance to find it.

Every time I go to a store, they ask me if they can help me. I tell them that I am looking for a BlackBerry device and they are all very surprised with my answer.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 04:42 AM
63 123