For many of us the BB10 might be the favourite OS so what do you believe would be a good way to start and help the company, like some ideas to promote it better and be a supporter? i hope BB doesn't end Nokia style. Any ideas as to how could we promote Blackberry better? I am thinking to get some plastic bags printed with the blackberry logo and used them whereever...this will probably increase the awareness of what a beautiful and awesome system BB10 is...
    10-07-15 05:57 PM
    Invent a time machine, go back to 2007 and repeatedly smack Mike Lazaridis in the face.
    10-07-15 06:21 PM
    Unfortunately, you're just pi$$ing in the wind at this point. Sucks the big one. I'm just hoping Windows 10 Phone becomes a viable option as I really don't want iOS or Android.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2239
    10-07-15 07:53 PM
    Invent a time machine, go back to 2007 and repeatedly smack Mike Lazaridis in the face.
    How can we help promote BlackBerry & BB10?-91mrbabagml._sl1500_.jpg

I can hear Huey Lewis singing "Gotta get back in time!" right now...
    10-07-15 08:03 PM
    Problem with Blackberry is that it's ecosystem isn't designed for masses. Not to many people cares about security, only the chosen ones who has to. I am one of these people who does not care much about security but likes to mess around with my phone that is why I cary two devices with me. Blackberry for convenience on typing and Android handset to do everything else.

I have many people wondering why I am carrying Blackberry as there is nothing to do on this phone and explaining them what it gives me is like hitting a wall with my head. Let's say it have pointed BlackBerry Hub, physical qwerty keyboard, stability etc. What I heard back was "can you root it and install xposed on it". I have asked myself "What's the point of promoting BB??" and answered "none".

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 08:08 PM
    delete.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 08:11 PM
    For many of us the BB10 might be the favourite OS so what do you believe would be a good way to start and help the company, like some ideas to promote it better and be a supporter? i hope BB doesn't end Nokia style. Any ideas as to how could we promote Blackberry better? I am thinking to get some plastic bags printed with the blackberry logo and used them whereever...this will probably increase the awareness of what a beautiful and awesome system BB10 is...
    Thanks for your positivity. I think a drastic set of changes are needed within BlackBerry management. You may notice that the 'spirit' here is pretty much doom-and-gloom, but the most active posters are either the worst offenders or just seem OK with that. So... again, thanks but unfortunately, BlackBerry management MUST engage, and the only statements they have made about BB10 amount to "no profit in it", have no interest in BB10 at this time.

Tactics to get BlackBerry management to 'snap out of it' would be a prerequisite to any successful viral marketing campaign.

If BlackBerry had a hungry young "startup" mentality and would be willing to pursue novel funding and marketing approaches, there might be a way for users to help BB10 find it's market, but BlackBerry management run their business like it's 1992 or something: the market has changed but they're still trying to impress the yacht-club set.

When the BB10 devices were being sold at a steep discount on shopblackberry.com there was a lot of chatter about them on "deals" sites... people all over the country saying how much they love their BlackBerry10 devices and OS and what a great deal these devices were... so there is positivity out there, but it is BlackBerry management that needs to basically upend they way they think a modern business needs to be run for that positivity to be nurtured and bear fruit no pun intended. They're 'stuck' in wrong headed antiquated ways of doing business, and that's what led to the great BB10 OS being shunted aside for Android.

Outside of a concentrated highly-publicized effort by the management of a unified consortium of significant BlackBerry enthusiast communities like CrackBerry, Berry Flow, N4BB etc, which might come across as 'concern from the BlackBerry user community' or just 'public shaming' (I don't care what so long as it gets BlackBerry Ltd's attention) I don't expect BlackBerry to stray from their current course, even if we think there be monsters in their path.
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 10-07-15 at 08:41 PM.
    10-07-15 08:16 PM
    Unfortunately, you're just pi$$ing in the wind at this point. Sucks the big one. I'm just hoping Windows 10 Phone becomes a viable option as I really don't want iOS or Android.

Is windows 10 a multitask real time mobile os? Try listening to youtube while doing something else in the same time. Or have a few tabs opened and launch a different software see it will keep the tabs they way you left them.. For me there are only three true mobile OS on the scene: Symbian, Ios and BB10. Unless Nokia will set free Symbian and make it open slource, release code source etc. Symbian is gone. iOs is on the wave and doing well so no worries there. The real star of them three is the BB10, the pontential it has if marketed properly...wow.
    10-08-15 07:38 AM
    Why do you say so? I do remeber some of the economy settings back then. Nobody saw this coming except for the person who pushed for this whole thing, but he is dead now?
    10-08-15 07:41 AM
    I find the BB typing thing overrated. Is it om but its highlight is a different one for me. The swype plus google keyboard on Android is better, way faster compared to anything bb has. At least to me. Yeah i mean, I could ask ijn return for people what's the use of a root if most of the things are so smooth and so well integrated. Sometimes Android is like a Mickey Mouse cartoon, still puzzled how can it get so much traction. Is Google pays them well, the devs?
    10-08-15 07:49 AM
    So why do we need to wait forthe management to do something? Do we want to happen the same way it happened with Nokia? I know I will be braggin about it. Yes BB10 has its disadvantages, the BB assistant is a joke for any language other than English US, English Uk included, but it works fine and I like it. It has some room for improvement but I do believe there is a need to do something about this on our end otherwise we will be left with just 2 choices and actually no choice really, Ios and Android. Don't want to be in the Spydroid anylonger, the amount of power Google has recently scares me. Hope I could read some interesting ideas here before we will get to the stage where I will get an invite to sign an online petition for Mr. Chen to reconsider BB10 QNX os. Hope it will not reach to this ...so again why would we wait for the management? If that's the way they want to run it, their thing. Maybe they don't have the gazillion dollars, like Apple has or the person who convinced everyone, Jobs, but who says they need to? As long as they will get serious about their job, invest efforts and improve the asistant to be a serious contender to Siri ...they do have the software talent and programmers..
    10-08-15 08:03 AM
    Why do you say so? I do remeber some of the economy settings back then. Nobody saw this coming except for the person who pushed for this whole thing, but he is dead now?
    "I just want to say one word to you, just one word.

Apps."

Smacking him in the face with the smartphone market share chart since 2007 would get the point across, no?
    10-08-15 09:01 AM
    Everyday I take my Passport out at the checkout counter to scan my loyalty card app I get overwhelming interest. I only need to take it out of my pocket.

Posted via CB10
    danifulger likes this.
    10-08-15 10:25 AM
    If BlackBerry would like to give me a free Q20 I'd happily tell all my clients how amazing bb10 is and how they need to trash their droids and iphones.

Posted by my awesome Q10
    10-08-15 11:19 AM
    Everyday I take my Passport out at the checkout counter to scan my loyalty card app I get overwhelming interest. I only need to take it out of my pocket.

Posted via CB10
    Yes but seeing it & being amazed is a lot different from actually using it & realizing there aren't too many apps for the device to be useful.
    10-08-15 04:13 PM
    THIS. This is the question we should all be asking. Not whining about BlackBerry taking on Android.
    On my side I tend to not talk about my phone much but I have it on the table all the time. I don't want to be the annoying fanboy that pushes it into people's faces all the time. But if people ask me, I'm pleased to show it off.
    I think we should try and show off the main features and strenghs of the OS discreetly. For instance:
    - always placing the phone face down. A friend once noticed I did that and asked me why. I told him it saved battery and he was pretty awesomed.
    - typing really fast and noisily on the keyboard, because it's great.
    Etc.
    Show off Blend too. People can't think that's not great.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    BerryRipe likes this.
    10-08-15 05:47 PM
    Such an interaction could be scripted and filmed as a commercial, even just a YouTube video, and BlackBerry 10 enthusiasts could send that video to people they think would like BB10 and aren't apphounds.

That is what BlackBerry critics mean about inept marketing: the strengths of BB10 and BlackBerry handsets is evident, but are not effectively marketed. It is frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    danifulger likes this.
    10-09-15 08:24 AM
    It's over. Just enjoy the time you still have with your BB10 phone. There is nothing we can do anymore.
    10-09-15 09:23 AM
    I remember the last years of webOS there were actually volunteers on webOSNation that were going to go out to the carrier stores and demo the new Pre smartphones. One guy actually even said he did this, although, I can't imagine any store would let some guy demonstrate smartphones.
    10-09-15 10:57 AM
    Buy more BB10 handsets.
    10-09-15 11:00 AM
    Buy more BB10 handsets.
    If we were all millionaires sure but most of us have already purchased at least two BlackBerry10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 11:07 AM
    Is windows 10 a multitask real time mobile os? Try listening to youtube while doing something else in the same time. Or have a few tabs opened and launch a different software see it will keep the tabs they way you left them.
    Don't know and don't really care as long as it works. Have to wait for it to release, but I'll stick with my Z10 for a while.

10-09-15 04:24 PM
    Am not sure if this will help. Maybe spread the word arround as a word of mouth adv would be better? Learning to code/ applications creation? Bb10 is so underrated... Just the photo app is so cool... Will start some other thread about the prons ans cons of bb10 os and handsets let's not forget the globalisation.. Maybe this is why..?? I mean having just 2 main mobile os Android and IOs and Android being the way it is, doesn't do do justice.
    11-20-15 01:55 AM
    I find the BB typing thing overrated. Is it om but its highlight is a different one for me. The swype plus google keyboard on Android is better, way faster compared to anything bb has. At least to me. Yeah i mean, I could ask ijn return for people what's the use of a root if most of the things are so smooth and so well integrated. Sometimes Android is like a Mickey Mouse cartoon, still puzzled how can it get so much traction. Is Google pays them well, the devs?
    For me typing on BlackBerry device is better because it really learns my way of typing and I have no errors. The gestures of keyboard really helps me to be fast. Since I have my awesome BlackBerry Z10 I write the entire word every time and I don't use words like pls, brb etc... when I use the computer keyboard I really miss my BlackBerry 10 typing features.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 07:39 AM
    Resistance is futile...

Everybody I met during my few years of BlackBerry PlayBook and Z10 or z30 were blown away by them, but they still bought Android or Apple devices.

People tend to follow the masses. I was in a telephone shop this afternoon to exchange a sim card for a micro sim... my girlfriend said it was for a BlackBerry, the guy looked at us as if we were dinosaurs...

Only the few who know appreciate these devices, no, we love them...

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 04:53 PM
63 123