So, I've been an ardent installer of leaks and every time new OSes/autoloaders come out, everyone always says "Start with a fresh install. Do not restore your backup with Link".
    I've always ignored that advice anyway. Until now...
    I'm about to install the latest OS and I've got my contacts, emails and SMS backed up with other third party apps and cloud storage but there seems to be no way to backup BB10 Browser bookmarks.
    Does anyone know how to do this selectively without running a full backup with Link? This would be useful too since I want to move to a Z30 soon and I only want my browser bookmarks from the current phone on that device.
    I'm a voracious "bookmarker" and I'd hate to open my over 200 bookmarks individually and copy and mail the URLs back to myself.
    Someone please HELP..!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 10:12 AM
    There is an app named Bookmark Pro in BlackBerry World that will do bookmark backups.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 and FireChestApps like this.
    10-14-14 10:19 AM
    Bookmark Pro is the way to go unless you want to restore your settings.
    diegonei and FireChestApps like this.
    10-14-14 10:21 AM
    ^^^^^
    What Jaydee says.
    diegonei and FireChestApps like this.
    10-14-14 02:20 PM
    From the description of "Bookmark Pro", it can't actually make direct backups of existing bookmarks in the browser itself. There are no APIs in the OS to even allow this at the moment.

Instead, you have to "share" every existing bookmark with the app - basically, rebuilding your whole list in the app. But once that's done, then that new list in the app can be backed up.

From then on, you have to use the app for all your website bookmarking. I'm guessing that it can't repopulate the native browser bookmarks or that would have been a browser bookmark saving workaround.

Posted via CB10
    FireChestApps likes this.
    10-14-14 02:38 PM
    Thanks everyone. I just bought Bookmark Pro but it seems there is no way to add bookmarks from the browser in batches, meaning I have to "share" them one after the other. Just as difficult as copying and pasting each bookmark individually instead of in batches.
    Seems there is no workaround. Back to copying my bookmarks individually. Thanks anyway.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 03:18 PM