Hello, I have a Blackberry Passport. I also have an SD card on the Passport. There are several tens of Gb of files. Some of these were confidential, and so I encrypted both the Blackberry and the SD card.
    I tried to back up these contents using a USB cable today. Although I could see all the files on the SD card, they were all unreadable (i.e pictures that wouldn't open in my Mac's Preview, Text files that were gibberish when viewed with a text editor on my Mac, etc). I am presuming therefore that in fact what I am seeing are the encrypted files on the SD card.
    I would like to transfer all the files off my Passport and SD card in unencrypted form, particularly in light of the likely switchoff of OS10 next year. How can I do this en masse?

Things I have tried:
    USB connection - see above
    Wifi sharing - doesn't show up on the list of Wifi networks on my Mac or on any other computer I could access (Is this actually Wifi Direct?)
    Bluetooth - can download files from my Mac onto the Blackberry but not UPload in the other direction, so useless.
    Box - no longer supported of course. The Box mobile web site only allows one file at a time to be uploaded, so essentially useless.
    Dropbox - ditto

I don't really want to unencrypt everything, since that will take days, literally.

Any advice very gratefully received.

Thanks
    11-28-18 07:45 AM
    I don't really want to unencrypt everything, since that will take days, literally.
    Since you've tried everything else that's pretty much your only option.
    11-28-18 08:09 AM
    Did you try OneDrive... taught that was still working.

I stopped using encryption long ago... have lost too much data that way. But Link allow the data to be synced from the phone to the PC, and saved in an unencrypted format.

Maybe if you can find a PC and maybe if you can get LINK to see you phone....
    11-28-18 08:23 AM
    Maybe start a web server in the root of your files and scrape everything. This is an easy one to setup but you could use a shell.
    Check out iServe in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/32545887
    Or you could try 'zip --help' with Term48 see if you can manage. Probably want to use -r

Posted via CB10
    11-28-18 09:55 AM
    Thanks to everybody for the advice. iServe didn't work for me, probably because my wifi is blocking the default port. There is no way to upgrade to the Pro version any more because of course the payment methods have been removed from Blackberry World. WebServe seemed similar and did work, however I could only transfer files one at a time - so not really an option.

However! In my day job I curate a number of elderly VMs, including a Windows 7 one. I was able to install Blackberry Link etc - this is a pleasant surprise because it didn't work the last few times that I tried the exact same thing. I will have an experiment saving entire folders etc to my VM's drive etc and report back if I have any further problems.
    11-29-18 05:59 AM
    I wonder how far along the decryption would have come by now.
    11-30-18 08:27 AM
    Using Blackberry Link on a Windows 7 VM, and without unencrypting anything, I was able to sync all my photos and videos within a few hours. Moreover, as others have pointed out Link syncs the files in an unencrypted form (it would be pretty useless otherwise).

This was actually much faster than attempting to copy files over using the Blackberry itself and the SD card as mounted disks, which is the other route that Link provides. The transfer speed for the latter over USB is about 1.8MB/second. I can't be absolutely sure but the media sync was faster somehow.
    Again, the mounted disks (with Link installed) allow transfer of the files in unencrypted form. Without Link (for instance on my Mac) the SD card etc mounted as a drive as per my original post but with all the files encrypted.

So, the results seem clear... somehow, anyhow, find an old computer that can still run Link...
    11-30-18 09:42 AM
    So, the results seem clear... somehow, anyhow, find an old computer that can still run Link...
    Or if you cannot find a machine running Win7 or earlier and you only have access to a Win10 machine try one of these suggestions: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13315005

Link works perfectly on my Win10 laptop and desktop.
    11-30-18 10:07 AM
    For a long time LINK didn't work for me, but months ago (last Spring maybe) it started working again.... Windows Updates.
    11-30-18 03:05 PM