I'm not having any luck syncing my contacts from my phone to gmail.

I've tried this a few ways.

For the last few months, the account was setup as "Add account - Email/Calendar/Contacts - Gmail" and the contacts have not been syncing.

Last night, I setup GMAIL email using "Add account - Email/Calendar/Contacts - Gmail" and then added my account again though "CardDav".

I've waited about 18 hours so far and nothing has synced.

Is this the best way to do this? Is there a better way to force the sync?
    07-15-15 10:35 AM
    So your contacts from Goggle are not showing up on your device?

Or are you device contacts not showing up on Google?

There is a difference in these two scenarios.

If you have existing contacts on your phone, they are in one contact database, the Google contacts are in another "separate" database. They all show up in your contacts apps but they stay separate. If you want click on a contact and hit the three little dots and you can copy that contact to any other database... like google. Once that contact is in the Google database it should then sync.

When you create new contacts you'll be asked which database you want them stored in.
    So your contacts from Goggle are not showing up on your device?

Or are you device contacts not showing up on Google?

There is a difference in these two scenarios.

If you have existing contacts on your phone, they are in one contact database, the Google contacts are in another "separate" database. They all show up in your contacts apps but they stay separate. If you want click on a contact and hit the three little dots and you can copy that contact to any other database... like google. Once that contact is in the Google database it should then sync.

When you create new contacts you'll be asked which database you want them stored in.
    07-15-15 11:43 AM
    Correct - the contacts are showing separately, but i would like them to sync so that both have the same contacts (similar to an outlook sync).
    07-15-15 01:11 PM
    Correct - the contacts are showing separately, but i would like them to sync so that both have the same contacts (similar to an outlook sync).
    You'll have to copy them over...

My contacts were all in OUTLOOK (desktop program), I exported them (.csv file) and then imported them into my Outlook.com account via the web interface. As I didn't see an easy way to do it with my device.

I'm bet some of the Backup programs will save them in a .csv or another format that you can use to import the whole database into your Gmail account.
    07-17-15 11:35 AM