Dear BlackBerry Expert,

How can i select multiple lines of texts in BBM?

Here is the scenario: Clients are not tech experts. They send purchase order by sending BBM texts. Some of them know how to make a new line for each items that they want to purchase. Usually there are 50 items per client. The problem is if they send the text each line per item (sending each item directly and not separate them with a new line) then i have difficulty in selecting all items to copy-paste the texts to somewhere else, meanwhile i have to copy-paste them one by one.

Z10 STL100-1 10.2.1.3062
    03-20-15 12:41 AM
    03-20-15 01:11 AM
    Not sure what exactly you're asking.

You want to select multiple lines of chat from the sent messages? If so, click the overflow, select Save Chat, open the file and copy/paste from there.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 01:22 AM
    I want to be able to copy these 5 lines at once
    03-20-15 04:03 AM
    Why can't I attach picture?
    03-20-15 04:07 AM
    All you would have to do is instruct the senders to used the method I posted above to separate each line item in a list form within a single message. You can then copy and paste the whole list with each item on is own line. It will look like this...

Buy milk.

Buy butter.

Buy bread.

Buy apple juice.

Easy enough to copy/paste in a list form using the native selectors without dealing with multiple messages.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 04:10 AM
    Or, you can just copy their message as it is received and paste it into another BBM message or a simple text editor and do it yourself, before you copy/paste into your usual form.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 04:13 AM
    It seems like there is no other possibility unless i teach them to send the multiple lines in a single message using the "hold shift+send"

Too bad that it is not user friendly and not intuitive.

(at)MADBRADNYC: Thanks for your answers. really appreciate
    03-20-15 04:50 AM
    Worst case, you can always open Blend and try using that to copy/paste whatever you want, however you want.

Via CB10 on this beast they call the Passport
    03-20-15 06:00 AM
    It seems like there is no other possibility unless i teach them to send the multiple lines in a single message using the "hold shift+send"

Too bad that it is not user friendly and not intuitive.

(at)MADBRADNYC: Thanks for your answers. really appreciate
    No problem. I understand that you would like to see a different behavior to achieve this. I get it. But just look at the brighter side. You very well know that to be a BlackBerry user is quite extraordinary in these times. So these contacts are probably just like you and I. If you teach them, they may see it as a benefit of a shortcut for their own use. You will have taught them something about their devices which they should appreciate, and you will reap the benefit of not having to do anything extra on your end except to copy/paste. ;-)

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Shifty88 likes this.
    03-20-15 06:11 AM