BBM uses too much data in my Classic. I tried to avoid to use it in last 2 months but it's still "eat" my data. I have 3 contacts and no group or channel. From 10 June, I have received 5 text messages (they don't know I don't use it anymore) but BBM used 250Mb from Wifi and 27Mb from Cellular. If i don't open BBM, it's still take me 10mb/day.

Please guide me the way to deal with this problem. Should I leave it on the collecting shelve due to "double typing" and BBM problems?

Thank you for helping.
    06-22-15 03:05 AM
    Hi try parental control "BBM off"
    Find it in setting -security

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2252 | CB Mod
    RubberChicken76 and phuc6789 like this.
    06-22-15 03:11 AM
    Just switch it to another device if you have one and forget about it..... or do a wipe and just don't set it up again....

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 07:03 AM
    Guess you could remove the. Bar file, might work

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 07:09 AM
    Guess you could remove the. Bar file, might work

Posted via CB10
    Nope it's permanent

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2252 | CB Mod
    yeo123 likes this.
    06-22-15 07:13 AM
    if you dont like bbm, i dont think a blackberry is for you
    NtotheK likes this.
    06-22-15 07:17 AM
    WHY!!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 07:19 AM
    That's a silly comment to make.

My preference for BlackBerry has nothing to do with BBM. No one else I know uses it, so that's not even relevant to me. And I've had a BlackBerry since 2007 - their heyday. But never used BBM.

I've never even set up BBM on my Z10, yet it's still used 58MB of my data so far this month alone. What is it doing?

And "parental controls"? Sure, that hides the app - even from the device monitor. But I tried that for several weeks, and after bringing it back, it turned out that it was still draining data all that time.

I'll admit that it doesn't pull a lot of data compared to most other apps, and I'm sure if I used it, a lot more data would be used, but still... just the idea that it's pinging something - I assume the NOC - constantly when not even used is a bit unnerving.

Posted via CB10
    LazyEvul likes this.
    06-22-15 10:54 AM
    Something can't be right. I send hundreds of BBM messages a month if not more, as well as pictures. My device monitor shows less than 20mb for cell and 200 for WiFi. You shouldn't be getting the same usage as a heavy user if you don't use it at all..
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    06-22-15 12:08 PM
    Ignorant comment

Posted via CB10
    extisis and lift like this.
    06-22-15 12:12 PM
    I've never even set up BBM on my Z10, yet it's still used 58MB of my data so far this month alone. What is it doing?
    I don't know what is happening, on yours, but mine shows: Data 0 KB. It does take up 55.1 MB of storage, but that is nothing, on a Z10. I don't see how it could be using your data, if you do not use it. Pinging does not use data (but does use a little of your battery.)
    06-22-15 12:15 PM
    I can understand why people wouldn't like BBM. The broadcast messages really do my nut in so I end up deleting contacts for that reason alone.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2204/SR .2134  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    06-22-15 01:13 PM
    Something can't be right. I send hundreds of BBM messages a month if not more, as well as pictures. My device monitor shows less than 20mb for cell and 200 for WiFi. You shouldn't be getting the same usage as a heavy user if you don't use it at all..
    I agree. I've been a BlackBerry user since 2009. Excessive bbm use was never a cause for concern with regards to battery or data. Try wiping the device and restoring.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 01:15 PM
    I agree. I've been a BlackBerry user since 2009. Excessive bbm use was never a cause for concern with regards to battery or data. Try wiping the device and restoring.

Posted via CB10
    My mistake. Please forgive my overstatement. I saw the total memory amount, and most of that is app size.

Screen shot of data - mobile and wi-fi for BBM So far this month...

How can I remove BBM completely?-img_20150622_134923.png

Still have to ask... when not used, why is it using any data at all - even if it's only about 7.5MB. And what's with the higher peaks on some days when there's been no change in use for the life of the phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 02:01 PM
    I tried using parental controls to shut BBM to save data but it splayed my groups of app icons into pages of individual icons... undid it & it is back to normal... what's with that?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 02:49 PM
    Even though your hardly using BBM
    It's possible an
    Apps that you installed asked to connect to BBM as a permission
    It could be an app that you have installed that accessing BBM
    Maybe try going thru your
    Security and privacy
    Applications permission
    It will be a BlackBerry App
    Turn off connect to BBM
    Worth a try

How can I remove BBM completely?-img_20150622_152904.png

Posted via CB10 Canadian Passport
    lift likes this.
    06-22-15 03:35 PM
    Even though your hardly using BBM
    It's possible an
    Apps that you installed asked to connect to BBM as a permission
    Posted via CB10 Canadian Passport
    I've already turned all those off. It's the first thing I do after an OS load, and app restore - because all those permissions are asked all over again.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 04:21 PM
    I use BBM for texting a lot. Only takes 50 MB in a week.
    There must be something wrong with yours.
    The only I know using parental control option.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    06-22-15 04:43 PM
    What is your status? I have mine set to "Busy." I don't know if it will help.
    06-22-15 09:36 PM
    Another example of one of the biggest short comings of BB10.

With the legacy OS, pretty much every pre-installed app (or at least all of the ones I ever tried) was completely uninstallable. With legacy OS, users had far more control. With BB10, you get what BlackBerry gives ya and too bad if ya don't like it.

Don't want BBM wasting resources on your device even though you don't ever use it? Well too bad!
    p1800nut likes this.
    06-22-15 10:10 PM
    I can understand why people wouldn't like BBM. The broadcast messages really do my nut in so I end up deleting contacts for that reason alone.
    None of my contacts broadscast stuff....

(This is in no way related to the fact I have a do not broadcast rule and delete on the spot...)
    jaydee5799 and Kris Simundson like this.
    06-22-15 11:00 PM
    Another example of one of the biggest short comings of BB10.

With the legacy OS, pretty much every pre-installed app (or at least all of the ones I ever tried) was completely uninstallable. With legacy OS, users had far more control. With BB10, you get what BlackBerry gives ya and too bad if ya don't like it.

Don't want BBM wasting resources on your device even though you don't ever use it? Well too bad!
    so far only the OP is experiencing this extreme glitch. no need to call out a whole OS on it as if everyone is running into this problem.
    rthonpm and maddie1128 like this.
    06-23-15 12:33 AM
    My mistake. Please forgive my overstatement. I saw the total memory amount, and most of that is app size.

Screen shot of data - mobile and wi-fi for BBM So far this month...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150622_134923.png 
Views:	688 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	358946

Still have to ask... when not used, why is it using any data at all - even if it's only about 7.5MB. And what's with the higher peaks on some days when there's been no change in use for the life of the phone.

Posted via CB10
    I'm glad you brought this up!

It seems we where ALL made to believe that QNX core can isolate and separate instances within the stack from one nanotechnology r blocking one item without affecting the other. This doesn't seem to be the case.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 01:20 AM
    Thanks for all comments. I tried all your solutions. I did wipe. I always deny all BBM connecting permission. I create a thread to see the help. I used 8700, Pearl, 9700, 9780, Q10(use normal 3G data without Bis) and playbook as well. But I haven't faced to this problem. I don't know how to add a screenshot in the post. My data usage is about 10Mb each day and reach to a hundred if I receive a text. Even roaming data was used while I have already disabled in the setting. I will try parental control to see what happen.
    06-23-15 02:49 AM
    so far only the OP is experiencing this extreme glitch. no need to call out a whole OS on it as if everyone is running into this problem.
    Every single BB10 user is experiencing exactly what I mentioned. What problem do you think I was talking about?

Can you uninstall BBM from BB10? Does having BB10 installed use storage space whether you use it or not?

Ah, yea. Looks like all BB10 users have the problem I spoke of. A complete and total lack of control. With the legacy OS, BBM was completely uninstallable. With BB10 it isn't.
    06-23-15 05:14 AM
51 123