I have installed the Wickr APK for the bb10 android runtime 4.3,
    Version:
    Wickr Me – Private Messenger 4.33.4.
    The application starts without run crashes or error on startup,

however everytime i try to register or login i get a network error while other apk's run fine without any network issues.

Does anybody know a fix or a way how to install wickr on bb10?
    07-27-20 11:06 AM
    I have installed the Wickr APK for the bb10 android runtime 4.3,
    Version:
    Wickr Me – Private Messenger 4.33.4.
    The application starts without run crashes or error on startup,

however everytime i try to register or login i get a network error while other apk's run fine without any network issues.

Does anybody know a fix or a way how to install wickr on bb10?
    I don't think Wickr will run on a BB10 device. Pretty sure it requires a minimum of android 5.0 to work.
    07-27-20 11:54 AM
    I don't think Wickr will run on a BB10 device. Pretty sure it requires a minimum of android 5.0 to work.
    Hi i installed a older version apk Wickr Me – Private Messenger 4.33.4, this APK is Minimum Version is Android 4.3+, so no android 5.0.

The app runs fine as in it boots without a initial error message about google services or something else, but once i try to register or login i get a unexpected network error in the app in red text under the button login / register button.

i wonder how this can be fixed.
    07-28-20 08:57 AM
    Hi i installed a older version apk Wickr Me – Private Messenger 4.33.4, this APK is Minimum Version is Android 4.3+, so no android 5.0.

The app runs fine as in it boots without a initial error message about google services or something else, but once i try to register or login i get a unexpected network error in the app in red text under the button login / register button.

i wonder how this can be fixed.
    I realize that it will install (many android apps will) but the login does not work. That's what I mean by requiring android 5 or greater. I doubt whether it can be fixed.
    07-28-20 11:16 AM
    I realize that it will install (many android apps will) but the login does not work. That's what I mean by requiring android 5 or greater. I doubt whether it can be fixed.
    Yeah apps like that need to communicate to a server... and companies make improvements to their services and security that leaves older apps out in the cold.
    07-28-20 11:28 AM
    Yeah apps like that need to communicate to a server... and companies make improvements to their services and security that leaves older apps out in the cold.
    Explained much better than my post!
    07-28-20 11:36 AM
    thats weird because i once tried it on a virtual android machine on a older wickr apk and it still worked maybe it was the specific version that i downloaded that just doesnt work. i hope i can find someone who has wickr on their bb10 there has to be someone who made it work.
    07-28-20 04:14 PM
    thats weird because i once tried it on a virtual android machine on a older wickr apk and it still worked maybe it was the specific version that i downloaded that just doesnt work. i hope i can find someone who has wickr on their bb10 there has to be someone who made it work.
    What version of Android was that virtual machine running?
    07-29-20 08:38 AM
    What version of Android was that virtual machine running?
    Nexus 5 with android 4.4 virtual machine.
    07-30-20 11:05 AM
    Nexus 5 with android 4.4 virtual machine.
    The runtime in BB10 is only 4.3.
    07-30-20 04:15 PM
    The runtime in BB10 is only 4.3.
    i know but the apk supports 4.3+ so it should work on bb10 i just get a network error while other apks internet do work.
    07-31-20 06:35 AM
    Wickr.... doesn't seem to be something anyone else currently here, has used lately.

Sadly the BB10 Android Runtime isn't a full Android Virtual machine... It's missing many components. Back in the day Cobalt's provided options that filled in some of the gaps, but not all. Still were a good number of compatible Android Apps that just would not run. Today Cobalt's "fixes" are outdated.... your free to try using them and try patching Wickr. I'd give Yalp a try a well....
    07-31-20 07:49 AM
    Wickr.... doesn't seem to be something anyone else currently here, has used lately.

Sadly the BB10 Android Runtime isn't a full Android Virtual machine... It's missing many components. Back in the day Cobalt's provided options that filled in some of the gaps, but not all. Still were a good number of compatible Android Apps that just would not run. Today Cobalt's "fixes" are outdated.... your free to try using them and try patching Wickr. I'd give Yalp a try a well....
    What is Yalp may i ask?

thank you very much for all the help btw very nice to a see forum so active even when talking about bb10
    07-31-20 02:39 PM
    What is Yalp may i ask?

thank you very much for all the help btw very nice to a see forum so active even when talking about bb10
    Yalp is the current go to Google Play Store client.

https://f-droid.org/packages/com.git...kin.yalpstore/
    07-31-20 10:10 PM