i have a Q5 and i need some music on my phone. So i connected by USB to my PC and tried install my MP3's.... Some played and some didnt. I tried deleting the none playing tracks and it says i cant. So tried doing it on my PC and i deleted the MP3's, but the track showed up my handset. So i rebooted my phone and they were gone, the next day those MP3's were on my phone again.... I hooked it up to my PC and the said the were not, i rebooted it my phone again and they are still there, so how can i get rid of the of my phone?
    09-05-13 06:13 AM
    The music that did not play was probably DRM protected, OR was encoded with a codec that the Q5 does not support. I think to delete the mp3s for good make sure to delete them from both the device AND from the My Music, name of your device directory.
    09-05-13 11:34 PM
    Somethings glitching up... (Captain Obvious ahoy!)

Take pkcable's advice into account but if you still wanna give it a go, try (please not that if you do in fact have DRM protected files, there's no need to do the following) :

Where are you putting these MP3s?

If they're on your mem. card, just format it!

If it's on your device, you might have to do a security wipe but use BB Link to backup! If you have any photos or media, copy and paste them to your desktop and when backing up, have Media UNCHECKED. That way any screwy cache files that are messing with your phone will be out of the way.

Please post your result as I've starting seeing this problem around BB forums just recently.
    pkcable likes this.
    09-05-13 11:37 PM
    Done it guys, cheers
    09-06-13 03:30 PM