I have tried using two computers (with two different OSs), two different cables and charging the phone. Nothing, absolutely nothing.

When I connect the device to my PC, it states the following message "USB Device Not Recognized” and just does not connect. I know it is not an issue from the drivers, because I plugged in another BlackBerry device that I had borrowed, and that one did connect.

Whenever I turned it off to connect it with Autoloader, it turned back on with the RED LED instead of GREEN. It goes through a boot loop cycle in which it connects, then disconnects, then connects again, and disconnects, happening every time the phone cycles on and off.

I tried two different Autoloaders and none of them worked. One for 10.3.2 and another for 10.3.3. Although the program opens, it keeps stuck at "Connecting to BootRom”, and the device is never detected.

My specific cause for this issue is unknown, all I know is that I have 3 years trying and no forum came close to my exact problem. Some have said removing the battery (which is something I did not try, due to avoiding hardware damage).

I’ve even followed every single driver assistance link at BlackBerry,s forum and reinstalled everything step by step as they instructed, and still. Nothing. Why would this happen only to my device? Why would it work on other Z30’s but not on mine? If it isn’t the same error, then I don’t see the difference, and I know it is a software issue, not hardware, so what should I do? I haven’t tried it on a Mac however (mostly because I don’t own one). Should that fix the problem?

For more info, it is a pure white BlackBerry Z30 STA100-5, although I’m not aware of the OS version that was running on it before the problem occurred.

Please any suggestions and/or comments regarding the fix of this error for my particular case is totally accepted. I know that the device can be fixed, is just a matter of troubleshooting the connection issues. Any suggestions?
    03-30-18 01:53 PM
    A few questions to ask:

Did you drop the device while it was charging or connected to anything with the cable? That is the number one cause of port damage.

Did you happen to get it wet? Even if it was a drop of water, or steam, or anything? That could easily cause issues with it not being recognised, water/heavy moisture can f@ck up electronics.

Last but not least did you try a multitude of computers?

I still think replacing the battery would resolve that issue. One of my friends has a Q10 with the same problem and it relates to a battery issue. Sometimes we need to take things apart to get at and replace it, then it works again.
    Last edited by Rootbrian; 04-02-18 at 01:16 AM. Reason: more info
    04-02-18 01:13 AM