I used to be able to press and hold a date in the hub to invoke a "Delete prior messages" function. I would then be asked whether I wanted to delete the messages from just the hub or from the hub and the server. This feature seems to have disappeared with one of the OS updates. Now, I can delete multiple messages only from the hub. Does anyone know how I can batch delete emails from the server using my Blackberry?

Thanks for your help.
    06-28-14 11:07 AM
    Go to hub, then press the overflow button(3 dots at the bottom right of the screen). Press Settings > Display and Actions, then set 'Delete On' to prompt.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    06-28-14 11:13 AM
    Go to hub, then press the overflow button(3 dots at the bottom right of the screen). Press Settings > Display and Actions, then set 'Delete On' to prompt
    Thanks but I already have "Delete on" set to "prompt" and it does prompt me when I delete individual messages; however, when I try deleting more than one message at a time I get a message that says "Email messages will be removed from the Blackberry Hub but will remain on the server."
    06-28-14 11:35 AM
    Set the option to delete from Hub and Server. Then it should work.
    06-28-14 12:57 PM
    Set the option to delete from Hub and Server. Then it should work.
    Nope, tried that too, still won't do it if I have more than 1 message selected.
    06-28-14 02:27 PM
    Nope, tried that too, still won't do it if I have more than 1 message selected.
    I don't use delete prior very often, but I do delete multiple messages at a time and they are always deleted from the server, or what the server does when messages are deleted. You do have to wait until the handset synchronizes with the server. Deletion, filing and other actions are batched to save battery.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 03:05 PM
    I don't use delete prior very often, but I do delete multiple messages at a time and they are always deleted from the server, or what the server does when messages are deleted. You do have to wait until the handset synchronizes with the server. Deletion, filing and other actions are batched to save battery.
    Yes, it works as long as I don't use "delete prior." But is there any way other than "delete prior" to quickly select a hundred messages for deletion?
    06-28-14 03:23 PM
    Yes, it works as long as I don't use "delete prior." But is there any way other than "delete prior" to quickly select a hundred messages for deletion?
    Apparently not. IIRC it worked before they implemented delete on the device, but not on the server. I don't know why they implemented it that way. I could be a pain.

How can I delete multiple emails from both hub and server?-untitled.png
    06-28-14 04:54 PM