If someone knows of a way I can find out how much warranty I have... besides the obvious answer "1 year from when you bought it".

Really angry that blackberry doesn't just provide a "imei lookup" like how apple does. Again blackberry fails here.
    Anyways, if anyone knows a way thanks.
    01-01-14 02:05 PM
    What about contacting your carrier?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk
    Zeds likes this.
    01-01-14 02:10 PM
    Most providers have this covered.
    I am with Rogers and they provide this info at a page like this: http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.por...OfWarranty_1_1
    01-01-14 02:16 PM
    I agree with the poster about Blackberry having a warranty lookup on their website because if someone purchased a blackberry through 3rd party like on ebay, they need a way to check the warranty on the device.
    01-01-14 02:42 PM
    Trouble is, I doubt the carriers (or any other resellers) report the date on which each phone was sold back to BlackBerry. As such, an IMEI look-up could only tell you how long it's been since the date-of-manufacturer. Considering that I have a brand-new, still in the box Z10 sitting next to me that was manufactured in April, a system like that could be highly inaccurate.

Your best bet is to find a record of sale from the reseller and go on that. If BlackBerry questions your warranty period, you can always forward that record to them.
    01-01-14 02:49 PM
    In the US, warranty only applies to original owner and cannot be transferred. http://us.blackberry.com/content/dam...es_English.pdf
    01-01-14 03:27 PM
    In the US, warranty only applies to original owner and cannot be transferred. http://us.blackberry.com/content/dam...es_English.pdf
    I'd imagine a store specializing in unlocked phones should still be fair game. Private sellers, however, probably won't be.
    01-01-14 03:33 PM
    In Canada many Z30 have been sold privately by private citizens (who may be BlackBerry employees or who may be doggy characters selling through a kijiji ad). This in the Waterloo and Toronto markets. Autumn 2013.

Who gets to initialize the 1-year warranty then?

If no-one has a strong answer, that alone IS the answer.
    01-01-14 03:47 PM
    If you are looking to check your iPhone warranty, you can contact to Apple customer service.
    04-19-16 05:22 AM
    If you are looking to check your iPhone warranty, you can contact to Apple customer service.
    Seriously!

He is after a BlackBerry warranty checker.

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    04-19-16 05:54 AM