Hello,

If I sent an mail from the hub, and I write in the email adress 1 letter wrong, and the email address is not good, this adress is memorized in history (for example the good is test@ and the wrong is tess@).
    Next time, when I want to send email to tes..., the wrong adress is suggested from history, and many times I choose this...

How can I delete from the history this bad email adress?

Excuse me for my English...

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 12:12 AM
    I too want to know this. But as far as I know, you can't.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 12:20 AM
    When the incorrect address is suggested, tap the little "X" next to it in the box to delete it.
    09-25-13 12:21 AM
    When the incorrect address is suggested, tap the little "X" next to it in the box to delete it.
    Yes. But it is not deleted from history. Next time will appear again.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 12:38 AM
    There is no way to do this. It is another massive omission/fail in the BB10 platform.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 08:35 AM
    Hello,

If I sent an mail from the hub, and I write in the email adress 1 letter wrong, and the email address is not good, this adress is memorized in history (for example the good is test@ and the wrong is tess@).
    Next time, when I want to send email to tes..., the wrong adress is suggested from history, and many times I choose this...

How can I delete from the history this bad email adress?

Excuse me for my English...

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    I too want to know this. But as far as I know, you can't.

Posted via CB10
    There is no way to do this. It is another massive omission/fail in the BB10 platform.

Posted via CB10
    I found the solution! On Search function (middle bottom or Search icon) pull down for Settings->History->Delete Search History. Also is possible to set if on new search appear the search history or not appear.
    Great!
    09-26-13 03:02 AM
    Thanks. Will try when I have the problem.
    I did delete search history, suggested contacts still there, don't know about typed email address though.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 03:16 AM
    I found the solution! On Search function (middle bottom or Search icon) pull down for Settings->History->Delete Search History. Also is possible to set if on new search appear the search history or not appear.
    Great!
    1.) I don't think this is a solution. Suggested contacts continue to appear.

2.) It is annoying that in cases like this, the only option is to delete the entire search history, and not a specific entry.
    09-26-13 06:53 AM
    1.) I don't think this is a solution. Suggested contacts continue to appear.

2.) It is annoying that in cases like this, the only option is to delete the entire search history, and not a specific entry.
    That's right. Need to clarify :
    1. If delete search history, and compose a mail, will appear ONLY suggested contacts. Don't appear email adresses introduced in the past, that you not have in contacts. For example: I introduce a wrong mail adress, ex. [email protected]. If you have a search history, when you type test, always appear this wrong adress. If you clear history, this not appear anymore.

2. We have an option to keep or delete every time on start Search app the search history in Search app. If you set off or on Search History.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 07:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hardly massive. Unless of course you are a very small man.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 UK
    09-26-13 08:28 AM
    Hardly massive. Unless of course you are a very small man.

It's pretty annoying, IMHO. But go ahead, keep forgiving every little annoying bug, over and over, wash, rinse, repeat.
    cuek80 likes this.
    09-26-13 08:39 AM
    This list is context sensitive, similar to word completion. If you never use the bad address again it will eventually drop off the list, just like misspelled words will eventually stop showing up in word completion if you avoid misspelling them again for long enough.

I don't know what probability model they are using to come up with the list, but it can be surprisingly astute. Like word completion it improves as you use it. Some probabilistic models are quite difficult to edit without introducing worse errors, which may be the reason they only provide a delete all option.
    09-26-13 08:40 AM
    This list is context sensitive, similar to word completion. If you never use the bad address again it will eventually drop off the list, just like misspelled words will eventually stop showing up in word completion if you avoid misspelling them again for long enough.

I don't know what probability model they are using to come up with the list, but it can be surprisingly astute. Like word completion it improves as you use it. Some probabilistic models are quite difficult to edit without introducing worse errors, which may be the reason they only provide a delete all option.
    Astute? Really? What about the poster here who's BB continues to suggest he send to himself on an email he hasn't used since the 1990's? Astute, indeed...
    09-26-13 08:52 AM
    Astute? Really? What about the poster here who's BB continues to suggest he send to himself on an email he hasn't used since the 1990's? Astute, indeed...
    Did I miss something..? or was a comment deleted? If it's the latter, could the Mods perhaps institute some process/procedure wherby the text of the comment is deleted but there is still an indication that there was a comment there and that it has been deleted? Doesn't need to have an explanation (generally speaking, if a comment has been deleted it's fairly obvious why that has happened)

If it's the former then um.. Hey look, what's that over there?!?!? ::get's out eraser and feverishly erases comment::
    09-26-13 10:01 AM
    Did I miss something..? or was a comment deleted? If it's the latter, could the Mods perhaps institute some process/procedure wherby the text of the comment is deleted but there is still an indication that there was a comment there and that it has been deleted? Doesn't need to have an explanation (generally speaking, if a comment has been deleted it's fairly obvious why that has happened)

If it's the former then um.. Hey look, what's that over there?!?!? ::get's out eraser and feverishly erases comment::
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ntacts-853499/
    09-26-13 10:29 AM
    I believe that is obvious. I'd have thought you would have realised that. Massive Fail on your part.

09-26-13 10:37 AM
    I believe that is obvious. I'd have thought you would have realised that. Massive Fail on your part.

Not obvious, but thank you for the useful info.

I wonder if that is the other OP's problem. I never knew about that feature, but mine is off (by default) so I wonder if he turned his on, or if it came defaulted to on.
    09-26-13 10:58 AM
    Well the email address(es) were obviously somewhere. Maybe the phone got them from the NSA But yes, once they are on the list with a given probability for a certain context the only way to get them out is to hide or remove the source, and the delete the model. Or alter the probability for the context by pressing on the X which will, hopefully, tell the model that it guessed wrong. You are always going to get surprising corner cases when you apply a rudimentary AI algorithm to a large set of data. On the other hand I was composing an email to some people that I contacted routinely as a group before I got my Z10 but haven't lately. When I added the first address manually all the others came up in the suggestion list. So yes Astute, really.

It is just a statistical model, and a very simple one. They will fail in spectacular ways. Just look for postings on bad auto-correct (though I suspect a lot of those are bogus now), strange responses from Siri, etc.

But in this and all other things, BlackBerry regularly puts up BB10 satisfaction surveys on the Beta Zone with open ended questions. If you have a feature you want added or changed that is the best place to go.+
    09-26-13 11:44 AM
    Not obvious, but thank you for the useful info.

I wonder if that is the other OP's problem. I never knew about that feature, but mine is off (by default) so I wonder if he turned his on, or if it came defaulted to on.
    I can't remember if it is defaulted to on or off and I've often wondered what information it pulled. There have been the odd things with contact information being added like place of work and job title etc that I didn't add myself, but I don't know how extensive it is.

09-26-13 12:11 PM