I've heard that the Chimera tool can work - but since the data is wiped in the process, there is no security issue with regards to your personal data.
    Conite, I tried the Chimera Tool on a second (backup) Classic I have that was given to me for free by a vendor, the problem with the phone was that the original BB ID was still on it but missing the password. I couldn’t get a hold of the original owner so I tried Chimera; it cost 11 euros for a 3 day license and 10 euros for 100 credits needed to run a SQC100-4 procedure (95 credits + 5 free credits) – it’s approx. $30 CDN.
    Download the Chimera Tool, connect your phone using a USB cable and click the Remove Blackberry Protect button on Chimera and the phone is wiped and BB ID is removed - like new. The phone is returned to the BB blue screen on initialization, follow the steps above i.e., skip language, skip sim card and skip wifi, select settings and check BBID to confirm BB ID is removed. No need to download autoloaders or other software, it’s automatic. It takes about 30mins to run the procedure and you have a new (in my case) Classic for $30 – good deal. The Chimera Tool works for these kinds of cases.
    conite and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    08-05-19 05:34 PM
    Conite, I tried the Chimera Tool on a second (backup) Classic I have that was given to me for free by a vendor, the problem with the phone was that the original BB ID was still on it but missing the password. I couldn’t get a hold of the original owner so I tried Chimera; it cost 11 euros for a 3 day license and 10 euros for 100 credits needed to run a SQC100-4 procedure (95 credits + 5 free credits) – it’s approx. $30 CDN.
    Download the Chimera Tool, connect your phone using a USB cable and click the Remove Blackberry Protect button on Chimera and the phone is wiped and BB ID is removed - like new. The phone is returned to the BB blue screen on initialization, follow the steps above i.e., skip language, skip sim card and skip wifi, select settings and check BBID to confirm BB ID is removed. No need to download autoloaders or other software, it’s automatic. It takes about 30mins to run the procedure and you have a new (in my case) Classic for $30 – good deal. The Chimera Tool works for these kinds of cases.
    Hey bb9900,

This is an interesting confirmation. I'd be curious what happens to the phone's iteration on the Protect site in these cases. Are you willing to do some additional testing for/with me? Feel free to PM....
    08-05-19 06:49 PM
    Hey TT,
    Yes I agree this is an interesting confirmation. The Chimeral Tool is quiet amazing, you should browse their website there's a list of phones they support including Samsungs and even gooberry's (all flavors up to pie). Chimera Support is ok (you need to email them), I think there's a bit of a language barrier but if you're patient and describe clearly what you're trying to do they'll eventually answer your questions and they do get back to you fairly quickly.

Here's a list of features for Chimera on the rightside panel:
    https://chimeratool.com/en/features

I'm not sure what you mean "on the phone's iteration on the Protect site in these cases"?

At this point I've confirmed that BBID has been removed on my second classic and that its in setup mode (its like new), it needs me to enter my current BB ID but I won't do that at this time because my current Classic is functioning well and I've had trouble in the past trying to use the same BB ID on multiple devices, albeit that was on BBOS.

The following are my phone specs:

SQC100-4
    Last edited by bb9900user2018; 08-05-19 at 08:00 PM.
    08-05-19 07:40 PM
    Here's some more info:

Before using the Chimera Tool: 10.3.3.2137
    After using the Chimera Tool: 10.3.3.2167
    08-05-19 11:37 PM
    Hey TT,
    Yes I agree this is an interesting confirmation. The Chimeral Tool is quiet amazing, you should browse their website there's a list of phones they support including Samsungs and even gooberry's (all flavors up to pie). Chimera Support is ok (you need to email them), I think there's a bit of a language barrier but if you're patient and describe clearly what you're trying to do they'll eventually answer your questions and they do get back to you fairly quickly.

Here's a list of features for Chimera on the rightside panel:
    https://chimeratool.com/en/features

I'm not sure what you mean "on the phone's iteration on the Protect site in these cases"?

At this point I've confirmed that BBID has been removed on my second classic and that its in setup mode (its like new), it needs me to enter my current BB ID but I won't do that at this time because my current Classic is functioning well and I've had trouble in the past trying to use the same BB ID on multiple devices, albeit that was on BBOS.

The following are my phone specs:

SQC100-4
    Thanks bb9900. I believe I'll explore this a bit myself.

What I mean by the phone's "iteration on the Protect site" is whether or not the phone vanishes from protect.blackberry.com after one applies the Chimaera tool or not. If you know that I'd be curious as to your experiences.

On BB IDs: I understand your hesitation but please do not worry about using your BBID on multiple devices. I have mine running on 3 or 4 at once and have no trouble. The only item about which to be concerned is transferring a Blackberry ID one has used with BB10 or BBOS to some form of Android service, whether that's BBMe for Android, a GooBerry, or something else. If you do that you will lose all Blackberry-related content attached to the ID (BBW apps, ability to sign in to Blend, etc.).
    08-06-19 11:40 PM
    There is another way it's been done too...

In a way this sorta is against the rules to discuses breaking a theft protection process. I get that some have a legitimate reason for needing to bypass theft protection.

But at this point I doubt there is much value in stealing a BB10 device.
    08-07-19 09:58 AM

But at this point I doubt there is much value in stealing a BB10 device.
    Agreed. I think we have passed that stage.
    08-07-19 10:03 AM

What I mean by the phone's "iteration on the Protect site" is whether or not the phone vanishes from protect.blackberry.com after one applies the Chimaera tool or not. If you know that I'd be curious as to your experiences.
    hey TT,
    The phone's IMEI is clean so I don't expect to have a problem with Blackberry Protect. Also I don't think Chimera will work with a blacklisted phone, that's why I think you see some users complain about it not working. I'll update this thread when I make the shift, probably sooner rather than later.

Going from one BB phone to the next with BBID is not a problem, the problem occurs when you go back to the original phone. In my case, Telus had to intervene to reset the original phone (BBOS - two curves) as I recall, it was a painful process and a waste of time that I don't want to repeat.
    08-07-19 12:13 PM
    hey TT,
    The phone's IMEI is clean so I don't expect to have a problem with Blackberry Protect. Also I don't think Chimera will work with a blacklisted phone, that's why I think you see some users complain about it not working. I'll update this thread when I make the shift, probably sooner rather than later.

Going from one BB phone to the next with BBID is not a problem, the problem occurs when you go back to the original phone. In my case, Telus had to intervene to reset the original phone (BBOS - two curves) as I recall, it was a painful process and a waste of time that I don't want to repeat.
    BB10 to BB10 isn't an issue. BB10 back to BBOS was never really expected or planned for.
    08-07-19 01:20 PM
    BB10 to BB10 isn't an issue. BB10 back to BBOS was never really expected or planned for.
    Read carefully what I said.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-19 01:56 PM
    hey TT,

Hey bb9900,

I was talking about what you see when you log into the Blackberry Protect website after using Chimaera, but no worries--I can test it directly as well.

I hear you on BBOS, but again, not an issue for BB10 as I've gone from one phone back to a previous phone and multiple variations thereon with the same Blackberry ID. While you should always back things up, you'll have no trouble entering your Blackberry ID on the Chimaera-d device if you wish and then going to back to your previous phone using the same BBID.
    08-07-19 02:03 PM
    Hey bb9900,

I hear you on BBOS, but again, not an issue for BB10 as I've gone from one phone back to a previous phone and multiple variations thereon with the same Blackberry ID.
    It figures you wouldn't have trouble reading what I said, yes two BBOS devices - the problem was with 2 curves way back when; I purchased a backup curve and simply wanted to check it was working and it turned into an odyssey and a huge time waster !

Let me confirm BB10 to BB10 and back works, I'm curious too to know also if there's limitations to the Chimera-d. I think Chimera is really meant for vendors. You get 10 applications (I used only 1) or on a batch of 10 devices, the license is active for 3 days.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-19 02:22 PM
    I read this trick to bypass the antitheft, please give it a try:
    1. When be asked for the bbid of previous owner, use our bbid but with wrong password.
    2. Turn off the phone immediately.
    3. Restart the phone and enjoy the fail of antitheft feature.
    @TrumpetTiger I just tried this method and it worked! Crazy!

Posted via CB10
    k66473 likes this.
    08-12-19 09:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well, at least the data is safe.

I think we're well past worrying about having BB10 devices stolen.
    08-12-19 10:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm....interesting. I'm definitely going to have to give this and the Chimaera options a shot and see what we can see.

What OS and device Ben?
    08-13-19 03:51 PM
    Well, at least the data is safe.

I think we're well past worrying about having BB10 devices stolen.
    Speak for yourself.

But if one is well past worrying about having BB10 devices stolen, then one would also not be concerned about Protect functionality, which means that one would not be stating one's belief that that functionality could turn off at any time and brick a device....

Or so we can only hope.
    wbalogh likes this.
    08-13-19 03:53 PM
    Speak for yourself.

But if one is well past worrying about having BB10 devices stolen, then one would also not be concerned about Protect functionality, which means that one would not be stating one's belief that that functionality could turn off at any time and brick a device....

Or so we can only hope.
    Huh?

What does bricking your device or being able to find your lost device have to do with the general appeal today of BB10 devices to would-be thieves?
    08-13-19 04:07 PM
    Hmmm....interesting. I'm definitely going to have to give this and the Chimaera options a shot and see what we can see.

What OS and device Ben?
    Z30 running .3216;
    Left Protect on, ran .3216 autoloader, went through setup process until asked for BBID, entered correct email address but wrong password, immediately restarted and could skip sign in.
    Simple as that.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-19 04:42 PM
    Z30 running .3216;
    Left Protect on, ran .3216 autoloader, went through setup process until asked for BBID, entered correct email address but wrong password, immediately restarted and could skip sign in.
    Simple as that.

Posted via CB10
    So if one found a BB10 device, one would need to know the BBID (email address) associated with the device in order for this to work?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    08-13-19 06:02 PM
    [QUOTE=TrumpetTiger;13427717]

/QUOTE]

I added BBID to my Chimura-Classic today and it shows up in Blackberry Protect, BBP can see it - PIN and phone number are there (left side of BBP). BBW works fine. Antitheft is unavailable however but I'm not sure if that's a glitch, BBP can be finicky at times. Otherwise a perfectly functional Classic as far as I can tell. The phone was given to me for free by a vendor who sent me this device when I had ordered an unlocked-wiped phone and asked me to keep it, the phone's condition is Mint 10/10, used only a few times with the original owners emails still there (there were only a few 2-3)! Anyway hope this helps.
    08-29-19 04:04 PM
    [QUOTE=bb9900user2018;13438012]

/QUOTE]

I added BBID to my Chimura-Classic today and it shows up in Blackberry Protect, BBP can see it - PIN and phone number are there (left side of BBP). BBW works fine. Antitheft is unavailable however but I'm not sure if that's a glitch, BBP can be finicky at times. Otherwise a perfectly functional Classic as far as I can tell. The phone was given to me for free by a vendor who sent me this device when I had ordered an unlocked-wiped phone and asked me to keep it, the phone's condition is Mint 10/10, used only a few times with the original owners emails still there (there were only a few 2-3)! Anyway hope this helps.
    Thanks bb9900. I'm still looking forward to testing Chimaera but I can confirm that the Blackberry ID bypass method Ben posted is working.
    09-03-19 03:21 PM
    I tried Ben's approach but it didn't work for me. I used my bbid and wrong pswd and shut off the phone and still the same problem, hence chimera. Btw this (Ben) approach has been kicking around for a long time.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-19 03:27 PM
    I tried Ben's approach but it didn't work for me. I used my bbid and wrong pswd and shut off the phone and still the same problem, hence chimera. Btw this (Ben) approach has been kicking around for a long time.

Posted via CB10
    Did you press Enter or anything else after entering the wrong password? That initially was my problem.

Interesting to know that that's been around for a while. I'll be documenting it for future use in case anyone has BBID-related setup issues.
    09-03-19 03:44 PM
    Did you press Enter or anything else after entering the wrong password? That initially was my problem.

Interesting to know that that's been around for a while. I'll be documenting it for future use in case anyone has BBID-related setup issues.
    Admittedly I didn't put much faith in this method so I didn't stick with it and so I may have spent $30 when I didn't need to, but it was fun watching chimera do its magic.

I seen Ben's method posted elsewhere as far back as 2016. When you bypass using Ben's method does it indicate in BBP that antitheft is unavailable?

Posted via CB10
    09-03-19 03:55 PM
    I can't remember if I pressed enter but I may have needed to run an autoloader before following Ben's procedure. I did not run an autoloader, I just followed the instructions with the device as received (previously used with the users emails still present) - and it did not work.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-19 05:39 PM
99 1234