It doesnt have the best financial or bank apps?

Even ported would do! Come on BlackBerry get a move on your "keep moving forward" is too slow.

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    12-15-13 09:23 PM
    Because most employers don't care about their employees checking their bank account!

That and the fact that BlackBerry is not a bank.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 09:29 PM
    Because when you have millions, you don't need to check your spending.

But I understand. All the banks have hopped onto BB10 for some countries but it seems like the US is the only ones holding out. Maybe contact by email to them and request some an app.
    00stryder and vaioman like this.
    12-15-13 10:49 PM
    Frankly, until all banking apps come with payment via NFC I really could care less.

If Tim Horton's can do it why can't my bank?

Until then, mobile sites will suit my needs sufficiently.
    12-16-13 02:28 AM
    As reply to the op: because enterprise level banking does not happen on smartphones

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 03:01 AM
    Better question might be how do you claim to be the one OS to target just 'prosumers' without offering them the very basic options they demand. And which are available on competing OSes.
    togarika likes this.
    12-16-13 03:15 AM

Even ported would do! Come on BlackBerry get a move on your "keep moving forward" is too slow.

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    Upgrade to 10.2.1.1055 and you will have those apps. I installed Ally Bank, Discover Card, and Mint.com apps almost immediately after my upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 06:56 AM
    Best solution right now would be to go to the login page in your browser and then click the three dots on your browser menu and click add to Home screen.
    12-16-13 09:19 AM
    I get my banking done on my iPhone. Not because Apple made apps for my banks, but the BANKS made apps for the iPhone.
    Better question might be how do you claim to be the one OS to target just 'prosumers' without offering them the very basic options they demand. And which are available on competing OSes.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 11:18 AM
    I get my banking done on my iPhone. Not because Apple made apps for my banks, but the BANKS made apps for the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    And for android as well. That's the point though, if everyone else is making apps for other oses, then maybe making their own Os without any app support wasn't a great idea. How can it hope to offer an enterprise or prosumer phone without productivity and work apps that people are making for the developed oses, and even windows phone, but not BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 03:50 PM
    I would think it would be impossible for BlackBerry to make any sort of banking app. They are not a bank. Would it not be up to the bank itself to develop the app?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 03:59 PM
    No Bank of America. HA.
    12-16-13 04:07 PM
    We still don't have 10.2 in the US with AT&T. Still....
    12-16-13 04:09 PM
    I use my " mattress " app...I can find my money every time. ;-)

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    matt0135 likes this.
    12-16-13 04:13 PM
    I would think it would be impossible for BlackBerry to make any sort of banking app. They are not a bank. Would it not be up to the bank itself to develop the app?

Posted via CB10
    Yes it is but it's up to BlackBerry to make the app developer want to make the app. If they can't, they should partner with someone who can, and focus on making money some other way.
    But you can't label bb10 phones suitable for professional consumers in its current state.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 04:21 PM
    That makes total sense...or not.
    Yes it is but it's up to BlackBerry to make the app developer want to make the app. If they can't, they should partner with someone who can, and focus on making money some other way.
    But you can't label bb10 phones suitable for professional consumers in its current state.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 06:31 PM
    They have my banking app. As well as most of the other canadian banks they only one they are missing is BMO, but no one banks with them anyway

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 06:43 PM
    Frankly, until all banking apps come with payment via NFC I really could care less.

If Tim Horton's can do it why can't my bank?

Until then, mobile sites will suit my needs sufficiently.
    I think CIBC is the only banking app that does nfc payments, but I could be wrong

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 07:16 PM
    1. Open your banks webpage through the browser

2. Click Add to Home Screen

3. Enjoy your banks new webapp on your BB10 device

Posted via CB10
    vrud likes this.
    12-16-13 07:23 PM
    Because the check I just deposited to my Wells Fargo account from my kitchen on my iPhone doesn't count as "getting things done." What I do with my banks and financial institutions on the iPhone is just playing with toys.
    12-16-13 07:32 PM
    The only problem with the mobile websites are check deposits, oh, and people want "the app". Navy Federal's mobile website is pretty good.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    12-18-13 08:28 AM
    Location, location, location.

Might want to ask BMO to get with the program if you're with them.

How is a BlackBerry an enterprise phone when...-img_00001405.png
    How is a BlackBerry an enterprise phone when...-img_00001406.png

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 08:34 AM

Most banking apps are not "enterprise" things, they are "mass consumer" things.

Retail banks will respond to whatever is popular with the mass consumer market.

It is not Blackberry's fault that due to their small share of the mass market, companies such as retail banks aren't willing to write native apps for their platform, or even make much of an effort to port their Android apps.

That is why I keep telling people here that abandoning the mass market is silly. Because in a variety of ways, the mass market is the gateway to the enterprise market.

Unfortunately, it is very very difficult at this point to gain share in that market. Microsoft has been throwing billions at it and hasn't made much headway either.

This is compounded by the fact that most organizations like banks are not willing to produce apps for more than 2 platforms. There are some RARE exceptions. My bank - which is the 2nd or 3rd largest in the USA and one of the largest in the world - is not one of them.
    12-21-13 06:36 AM
    Because the check I just deposited to my Wells Fargo account from my kitchen on my iPhone doesn't count as "getting things done." What I do with my banks and financial institutions on the iPhone is just playing with toys.

At least you admit it. That's a great first step.
    Omnitech likes this.
    12-21-13 08:10 AM