I'm tired of so many people not understanding what messaging system they are using and choosing the correct one that is appropriate.

I've been trying to come up with a fairly simple explanation that I can use to explain to normal people using smart phones. I have a slide show for when I give training sessions, but I want to be able to explain it fast and easily understood.
    How best to Teach/Explain differences between Email, IM and SMS-texting-diagram.jpg

For example, I recently came up with this: use texting or Instant Messaging if you want to send to someones phone only. Use email if you want it to go to their computer and phone.

I know that's not technically accurate, but I'm tired of iPhone and BB7 users sending me and email from their "messages" app.
    The result is that I don't know who they are because it comes from 3601234569@vtext.com or 3604897654@messaging.sprintpcs.com. There is no subject on the email and it's not easy to know who it came from.

I welcome suggestions.
    02-04-15 05:54 AM
    First off, what does your post have to do with BlackBerry 10 OS? Second, very simple solution to your issue, you write these people back one time and one time only and you say, please use regular EMAIL clients to avoid any miscommunication. Thank you!

If they don't compile, then be done with these people and they'll eventually get the hint. No need for slide shows on how SMS and IM'ing works, that's just silly.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    02-04-15 08:37 AM
    I know many iPhone users don't realize that their messages app sends iMessages AND text messages and it depends on how their contact is set up. Also one is green and one is blue (don't remember the difference). What's annoying is they use it to send pictures to non iMessage users and you end up with MMS charges out the yin yang... *sigh*
    02-04-15 08:50 AM
    It's not specifically related to BB10, but the problem is less of an issue with BB10 because of the way it handles different messaging types.

Also, I can't just ignore them, they are clients and employees of clients. I have to deal with the technologically uneducated people.They are not stupid people, just uneducated. I'm trying to come up with easy to understand explanations so I can teach them when I only have 1 or two minutes interaction with them.
    02-05-15 03:01 AM