Not pinched for cash. Only spending money in bean counters style though.
    The bean counters seem to be BBM fans at least then....
    07-23-19 06:35 PM
    The bean counters seem to be BBM fans at least then....
    Bla1ze had a pretty good explanation for that on CB here somewhere.

Remember as far as BB10 and what could or couldn't break, I have no idea. Even in BlackBerry heyday in 00's, I've never believed in any kind of customer service directly from the company.

I used BlackBerry Manager for BBOS to basically setup email accounts or minimal issues like service books. I've never used BB10 desktop software.

When BlackBerry almost went under in 2013, I've always treated BlackBerry as if the company would or could disappear tomorrow.
    07-23-19 09:09 PM
    Bla1ze had a pretty good explanation for that on CB here somewhere.

Remember as far as BB10 and what could or couldn't break, I have no idea. Even in BlackBerry heyday in 00's, I've never believed in any kind of customer service directly from the company.

I used BlackBerry Manager for BBOS to basically setup email accounts or minimal issues like service books. I've never used BB10 desktop software.

When BlackBerry almost went under in 2013, I've always treated BlackBerry as if the company would or could disappear tomorrow.
    If so Chuck, you are one of the few to have that consistent of a perspective on Blackberry Limited, as many seemed to suddenly switch their opinions once Blackberry Mobile was born.

But in any case, BBL is not behaving as if they were a company looking to scrimp and save every possible penny. They are behaving as if they are a company looking towards the future of their current businesses while maintaining (as in not turning off without warning, and expanding in some cases) their legacy services for the customers they serve directly. They are turning some things off, but doing so in a gradual way with tons of warning.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-19 11:50 PM
    If so Chuck, you are one of the few to have that consistent of a perspective on Blackberry Limited, as many seemed to suddenly switch their opinions once Blackberry Mobile was born.

But in any case, BBL is not behaving as if they were a company looking to scrimp and save every possible penny. They are behaving as if they are a company looking towards the future of their current businesses while maintaining (as in not turning off without warning, and expanding in some cases) their legacy services for the customers they serve directly. They are turning some things off, but doing so in a gradual way with tons of warning.

Posted via CB10
    There’s a plan but if something alters the plan timeline, BlackBerry has no incentive to reinstate original timeline.

I’m not saying BlackBerry has malicious intent, simply no incentive to ensure any smooth transition if something disrupts the expected path and timeline.
    07-24-19 08:40 AM
    There’s a plan but if something alters the plan timeline, BlackBerry has no incentive to reinstate original timeline.

I’m not saying BlackBerry has malicious intent, simply no incentive to ensure any smooth transition if something disrupts the expected path and timeline.
    My taught is the plan is lets see how many are left after a few months of no BBW. Then plan for the shutdown of all other services.

One bright point is the on BlackBerry's official list of EOL products, LINK doesn't currently have a date. LINK doesn't work without BBID... so maybe right now BBID isn't in danger.

But there is no doubt in my mind that Chen is facing a few tough quarters with operational cost exceeding revenues (depending on GAAP and NON-GAAP numbers). While BlackBerry has plenty of CASH, getting operational cost below revenue is just something that a CEO has to do to keep the market and shareholder happy.

As a shareholder... I'd like to see him invest a little more into Cylance integration at a much faster rate.
    07-24-19 09:17 AM
    My taught is the plan is lets see how many are left after a few months of no BBW. Then plan for the shutdown of all other services.

One bright point is the on BlackBerry's official list of EOL products, LINK doesn't currently have a date. LINK doesn't work without BBID... so maybe right now BBID isn't in danger.

But there is no doubt in my mind that Chen is facing a few tough quarters with operational cost exceeding revenues (depending on GAAP and NON-GAAP numbers). While BlackBerry has plenty of CASH, getting operational cost below revenue is just something that a CEO has to do to keep the market and shareholder happy.

As a shareholder... I'd like to see him invest a little more into Cylance integration at a much faster rate.
    Spot on especially with Cylance integration...
    07-27-19 06:44 PM
31 12