Not sure if anyone else has experienced this problem and before I get flamed, yes I did try a search and I'm not looking to get Google calendar setup cause that's fixed and not I'm not trying to figure out how to set my Google calendar as default cause that's already done.

In my calendar app, the setting is set such that under "Meeting Invitation Settings", local calendar has no assigned email account cause I don't want to use the local calendar. My Google calendar (appropriately labeled as GTalk-email address) is set to my main Gmail email address. In my Accounts setting, the "Default Account" for Calendar is set to my Google calendar (same GTalk-email address)

The quirk (issue might be a strong word here) that I'm experiencing is that someone will send me a meeting invite to my Gmail. This invite might come from Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, ActiveSync, whatever, but it comes to my Gmail account. When I open up the invite, I don't have the ability to accept it on my Google calendar, it just seems to automatically default to the Local calendar and saves it there.

Anyone know how I can obliterate my local calendar cause I don't want to use it and would rather have every meeting accepted as part of my Google Calendar.
    03-02-13 09:59 AM
    Nevermind. Figured it out.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 08:19 AM
    How?

Might be worth letting others know
    03-03-13 01:38 PM
    Nevermind. Figured it out.
    Uhhh...so you come here expecting others to help you, and don't bother sharing your solution when you find one? Great, thanks.

I don't have this issue, but for those that do, you should post a solution...
    03-03-13 02:14 PM
    Solution: I waited, did a restart and somehow it fixed itself. Must have been stuck between getting an invite and setting my default calendar where it went to my local calendar.

Didn't think anyone cared since lots if people viewed, but no one responded.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 09:55 PM
    Thanks for posting the solution. Honestly, it doesn't matter if nobody cares. I've had so many issues that I've Google for different devices, cars, etc. and a lot of times, I come across a person who asked exactly what I wanted to ask and just comes back with "Figured it Out" with no way of contacting the person since the thread might be really old. It's always nice to find the people who took the time to answer, even when they didn't get a single reply
    03-04-13 01:33 AM