So, you're in Barcelona for a holiday, and you meet a beautiful Spanish girl who doesn't speak a word of English, but clearly fancies you...

What if a simple exchange of BBM pins could solve your problem?

Wouldn't it be wonderful for BBM to have a translation setting that allowed two people writing in different languages to communicate, having their messages translated on the go? The technology is there...

I would love to see that, and not only to assist my ability to pick up foreign women...

What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 05:38 PM
    Love this idea!

The only issue with this is that many translating sites or apps use literal translation when it comes to converting from one language to another; like French to English. So you would still be getting mostly sufficient translation; but verbs or tenses may be out of whack, and you might get a word or two in there that don't match up with what you wanted to say. It might hinder communication somewhat; but I still think this would be a great idea. You could even download a Spanish dictionary to add to the conversation with your Spanish senorita.
    07-31-13 06:22 PM
    So, you're in Barcelona for a holiday, and you meet a beautiful Spanish girl who doesn't speak a word of English, but clearly fancies you...

What if a simple exchange of BBM pins could solve your problem?

Wouldn't it be wonderful for BBM to have a translation setting that allowed two people writing in different languages to communicate, having their messages translated on the go? The technology is there...

I would love to see that, and not only to assist my ability to pick up foreign women...

What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    There is a free app in Blackberry World right now that will translate a voice, text, or a picture.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 08:09 PM
    There is a free app in Blackberry World right now that will translate a voice, text, or a picture.

Posted via CB10
    Translate Picture?

So say you have a picture of a Ford Car, if you were to translate it to Japanese, you would get a picture of a Toyota car?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 08:22 PM
    Haha. Text in a photo.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 08:56 PM