So I just got the new z10, and traded in my old bold 9900 for a $100 credit. I did a complete backup of it before I turned it in.

I get home, plug in m z10, and the ******* desktop manager says it doesnt work with z10. So now I have a backup file, a z10 that wont connect, and NO OLD PHONE.

Please somebody give me some guidance..... I have so much critical information in my old phone/backup that I NEED to figure this out
    06-16-13 11:17 AM
    So I just got the new z10, and traded in my old bold 9900 for a $100 credit. I did a complete backup of it before I turned it in.

I get home, plug in m z10, and the ******* desktop manager says it doesnt work with z10. So now I have a backup file, a z10 that wont connect, and NO OLD PHONE.

Please somebody give me some guidance..... I have so much critical information in my old phone/backup that I NEED to figure this out
    Hi 85_305
    *ouch* that's a tough one.
    Can you be more specific about the type of information you have to restore ?
    I'll raise a flag to the ambassadors for this one ... but without a BB7 device ...

EDIT : Wait ! Have you tried restoring with Link, witch replace BB Desktop for BB10 devices ? Here it is : BlackBerry Link - BlackBerry 10 Smartphone to Computer Sync - US
    85_305 likes this.
    06-16-13 11:21 AM
    Hi 85_305,

It's correct that the Z10 does not work with desktop manager, you need to download and install the new software from the blackberry website, which is called Blackberry Link, the good news however, is that Blackberry Link load the key parts of your old backup onto your new Z10.

Congrats on your purchase, you're going to love it!
    Superfly_FR and web99 like this.
    06-16-13 11:23 AM
    Ok so link will connect to my just-saved backup?

I have bbm contacts, emails, phone numbers, recent phone calls, text messages, personalized phone settings/options, etc that I need back.

DL'ing link right now...
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-16-13 11:25 AM

I have bbm contacts, emails, phone numbers, recent phone calls, text messages, personalized phone settings/options, etc that I need back.

DL'ing link right now...
    Your BBM contacts and groups should come along when you register your BBID.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 11:29 AM

DL'ing link right now...
    Your BBM contacts should reappear on their own when you enter your BBID, I can't recall off hand if link will transfer old email and/or text messages, it might I just don't remember.. it will definitely do contacts, it will NOT do phone settings or options as they wouldn't be compatible with your new phone.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-16-13 11:29 AM
    Alright I'm trying to get Link going right now.

So Link will NOT pull from my backup that I made?

My 2nd option is to go back to the ATT store, deploy my backup onto their demo phone, then do a Switch Device to my new z10.
    06-16-13 11:36 AM
    Alright I'm trying to get Link going right now.

So Link will NOT pull from my backup that I made?

My 2nd option is to go back to the ATT store, deploy my backup onto their demo phone, then do a Switch Device to my new z10.
    No No, link will definitely restore from the backup you already have on your computer, the one you just made, or any older ones that you have.. it just doesn't restore everything, because some thing simply aren't compatible. I just checked though, and it does do messages. And as previously stated it will do contacts.. you just can't except any phone settings as the settings on BB10 are completely different then your old phone.
    Superfly_FR and 85_305 like this.
    06-16-13 11:40 AM
    ***Whewwwwwwwwwww you guys are life savers.

I'm 50% thru my restore from my legacy backups onto the new z10. I was sweating like you guys wouldn't believe when I couldn't find a way to get my old backup onto my phone.

I dont care if sounds and stuff are off because i'd reprogram them to the new phones sounds anyways. So far, I'm LOVING this new phone. I was scared to let my full qwerty of the 9900 go, but I"m adjusting good to the new setup and love it so far. I'll keep this updated when i'm done w/ the backup.

Thanks so far guys.
    Superfly_FR, web99 and just_luc like this.
    06-16-13 11:49 AM
    ***Whewwwwwwwwwww you guys are life savers.

I'm 50% thru my restore from my legacy backups onto the new z10. I was sweating like you guys wouldn't believe when I couldn't find a way to get my old backup onto my phone.

I dont care if sounds and stuff are off because i'd reprogram them to the new phones sounds anyways. So far, I'm LOVING this new phone. I was scared to let my full qwerty of the 9900 go, but I"m adjusting good to the new setup and love it so far. I'll keep this updated when i'm done w/ the backup.

Thanks so far guys.
    You're very welcome
    I believe you can click under the Just_Lucs' thanks buttons !

EDIT : BTW if you're searching for your notes, you'll find them into the "Remember" app
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-16-13 at 12:45 PM.
    just_luc and 85_305 like this.
    06-16-13 12:18 PM
    Ok guys it seems most things are back in order... i'll have to setup my email addresses again, personal information... but my important BBM info is gone. Even after the restore I have no contacts. How do I get them back?
    06-16-13 12:48 PM
    Alright. Got BBM, fb, emails, settings, everything. You guys are amazing and probably saved me from either a stroke or a heart attack today. Thankyou SO much guys.

And yes I'm loving the new phone... will always own a 'berry as long as they are around.
    06-16-13 01:04 PM
    Alright. Got BBM, fb, emails, settings, everything. You guys are amazing and probably saved me from either a stroke or a heart attack today. Thankyou SO much guys.

And yes I'm loving the new phone... will always own a 'berry as long as they are around.
    I am happy that things worked out for you. Thanks to the excellent advise from others on the forum. This is one of the things I like the most about CrackBerry. It has many members willing to share information and help others resolve problems that they may have with their devices.
    06-16-13 03:46 PM
    Yes there are lots of good people on here who are very knowledgeable. You guys have no idea of the level of worried I was when I realized BB DM wasnt gonna connect to my bb10 device.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-17-13 09:05 AM